Poll: Should arrow keys register character movement while typing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, register arrow presses with the chatbox selected
55.17%
16 55.17%
No, keep it how it is now
37.93%
11 37.93%
Other (specify below)
6.90%
2 6.90%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

POLL: In-game chat behavior
I've had a few requests to allow the use of the arrow keys while the in-level chatbox is selected versus not allowing any controls to be used (what it is currently).

If you have the chatbox selected in a level, do you want the arrow keys to register character movement as normal, or stay the way it is now (where arrow presses are ignored)? Keep in mind, this won't apply to the alternate controls you can set in options (as those are alphanumeric characters).

Disclaimer: the results of the poll will not necessarily dictate my action or lack thereof on this matter.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Yes, register key input but don't register space/item input.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tejs For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bi3liu, edetarod, new bat pr2, __
I misclicked, change mine to no XD
[Image: 3upJDfn.jpg]
(28th May 2020, 6:16 AM)Tejs Wrote: Yes, register key input but don't register space/item input.

That's what I meant in the OP. The arrow keys will register movement as normal but the space bar will be ignored when it comes to using items.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Tejs
(28th May 2020, 6:19 AM)mustangman Wrote: I misclicked, change mine to no XD

nah, I think you meant to put yes 😂 (even tho you picked other xd)
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • new bat pr2
Make it an option so yes if you want yes and no if you want no
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Northadox
Seconding Camer. The more user customization, the better.
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
Ima just vote no to put it at a 10 to 10 tie :)
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
(29th May 2020, 8:52 AM)Lego-man945 Wrote: Ima just vote no to put it at a 10 to 10 tie Smile

democracy!

Allowing movement would be good to taunt your friends in flat levels, but bad in traps
I don't really race so I'm sure my vote doesn't matter, lmao