Very confusing fact why people prefer PR2
I just don't get it why people always like PR2 like seriously why do people prefer PR2 except for PR3?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TaroNuke For This Useful Post:
  • John m.
PR3 is so bad. The graphics are all weird and slow. If you've ever tried playing traps on pr3... you'd know 😖 and plus, nobody really plays it.. :/

PR2 for me, I like the simplistic design of it, you know where everything is and the LE is simple. PR3 I'd give credit for that you can make your own blocks which is pretty cool, but it's always going to be PR2>Pr3 for me
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, ClassyElephant, edetarod, FDX3, Fresh Cookies, JEEJAYEM, lalafox, Mariano.Z
I feel like this exact thread is made every few months and everyone replies with the same arguments for both games.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tadtad For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, gemj
You ever seen the #pr3-discussion on discord? Yeah, they have a pretty terrible community.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj, Mariano.Z
(22nd June 2020, 3:59 PM)tadtad Wrote: I feel like this exact thread is made every few months and everyone replies with the same arguments for both games.

(22nd June 2020, 4:02 PM)JEEJAYEM Wrote: You ever seen the #pr3-discussion on discord? Yeah, they have a pretty terrible community.

These are so spot on 😂
The BEST part about pr3, was the time trials.. sucks that it was single player only, but racing everyone’s ghost time was really fun. I hated the reward feature by having to get a certain amount of gold medals to get a certain part(I prefer random rewards). Pr3 could only be accessed on a certain website(i can’t remember, I’ll edit when I remember), I liked how pr2 could be accessed in hundreds of websites(.yola, pr2hub, Kong, etc..) leveling up was a pain, the exp system sucked and really was hard to get to a high rank for me. Pr3 had really no “Glitches”, meanwhile pr2 has so many fun glitches that are still here today! Traps are one of my main reasons why I comeback on everyday, I think pr2 traps are fun as hell and would love to see more simple and easy trap levels come out in the newest today (but sadly Pr2 traps are being made impossible to where I keep dying on the first trap.) pr3 traps are really different and difficult to get used to. I really never was good at traps in general, but I had some of my best moments playing pr2/pr3 playing traps with everyone else who liked playing traps to.

TLDR; I made so many friends playing the very thing I loved in the past and I continue to hold on to those special thoughts/feelings and that’s how I feel about pr2 and I just don’t want to let go yet.
(22nd June 2020, 4:33 PM)Addy Wrote: The BEST part about pr3, was the time trials.. sucks that it was single player only, but racing everyone’s ghost time was really fun. I hated the reward feature by having to get a certain amount of gold medals to get a certain part(I prefer random rewards). Pr3 could only be accessed on a certain website(i can’t remember, I’ll edit when I remember), I liked how pr2 could be accessed in hundreds of websites(.yola, pr2hub, Kong, etc..) leveling up was a pain, the exp system sucked and really was hard to get to a high rank for me. Pr3 had really no “Glitches”, meanwhile pr2 has so many fun glitches that are still here today! Traps are one of my main reasons why I comeback on everyday, I think pr2 traps are fun as hell and would love to see more simple and easy trap levels come out in the newest today (but sadly Pr2 traps are being made impossible to where I keep dying on the first trap.) pr3 traps are really different and difficult to get used to. I really never was good at traps in general, but I had some of my best moments playing pr2/pr3 playing traps with everyone else who liked playing traps to.

TLDR; I made so many friends playing the very thing I loved in the past and I continue to hold on to those special thoughts/feelings and that’s how I feel about pr2 and I just done want to let go yet.
That sounds like a lot of info but ok lol
Why I think PR2 has more popularity:

1) More nostalgic, PR3 was only hosted on Lagworkz which a lotta people didn't like whereas PR2 was on lots of different sites which got the word out more. Also, PR2 still has its old levels but PR3R had to start from scratch

2) Simplicity is sometimes better than Complexity. PR3 may have loads of options with blocks but there's also something to be said about the simplicity of PR2 that gives it a charm and easier to jump into

3) Glitches. While these aren't intended people loved em in PR2 but they were mostly patched in PR3 (although the main one, head glitch, is still there). This is also why I hope PRF not having many glitches doesn't bring it down

Those are the main ones I'd say
There are a few things I do prefer about PR3 like art layer 0 (custom backgrounds) but yeah
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Janelle
(22nd June 2020, 5:04 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Why I think PR2 has more popularity:

1) More nostalgic, PR3 was only hosted on Lagworkz which a lotta people didn't like whereas PR2 was on lots of different sites which got the word out more. Also, PR2 still has its old levels but PR3R had to start from scratch

2) Simplicity is sometimes better than Complexity. PR3 may have loads of options with blocks but there's also something to be said about the simplicity of PR2 that gives it a charm and easier to jump into

3) Glitches. While these aren't intended people loved em in PR2 but they were mostly patched in PR3 (although the main one, head glitch, is still there). This is also why I hope PRF not having many glitches doesn't bring it down

Those are the main ones I'd say
There are a few things I do prefer about PR3 like art layer 0 (custom backgrounds) but yeah
ok
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TaroNuke For This Useful Post:
  • tadtad
(22nd June 2020, 5:07 PM)TaroNuke Wrote: ok

k
á
(22nd June 2020, 5:26 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: k

k
LMAO

How are you going to ask this question but not read/ listen/ reply to any of the answers people are giving you
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Fresh Cookies, gemj, Stxtics
(22nd June 2020, 8:44 PM)Jae Wrote: LMAO

How are you going to ask this question but not read/ listen/ reply to any of the answers people are giving you

ikr lmao what a useless thread @TaroNuke
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Janelle
I think its ok to prefer either pr2 or pr3.
Ultimately it's probably a result of personal experiences, so no need to berate one side over the other.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bi3liu For This Useful Post:
  • tadtad
(22nd June 2020, 8:52 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: ikr lmao what a useless thread @TaroNuke

foreal lmao
They are both classics to me with thier own strengths
I like pr2 for it’s quick classic competive races on campaign, fluid physics and, unique design.
And I like pr3 for it’s upgraded level creaton tools, fun collecting blocks, and different art style. Not sure why I herd alot of complaints about the community back then but at least it had one compared to what it is now. Unmoderated Frown
Platform Racing 1 is the only good one
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to tadtad For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
Honestly, PR3 is far better for level makers. Theres more options, and generally, if you have an idea, you can do it (though you may have to ask around for lua help). The level editor has a lot of QOL features that are lacking in PR2, such as block fill, copy and paste, etc. I've also always found PR3's levels more enjoyable. Plenty of experiences there (such as tilfeldighetskrigerne and its sequels tilfeldighetsiskrigerne and tilfeldighetsskogskrigerne) can't be found anywhere else. PR2's level editor is just painful for me to use. You can't make lines unless you move around the mouse (for some reason????), hat removers are annoying to make, and sometimes the process leads to weird bugs (such as a black screen softlock because I somehow removed all the spawns). I also see a distinct lack of custom backgrounds.

Not to mention:
Code:
local reloadspd = math.floor(math.sqrt(math.random() * 168))
local damg = math.floor((((math.random() * 6)^2)/7)+1)
local recl = math.floor(math.random() * 25)
local knock = math.floor((((math.random() * 12)-3)^2)/2)
local recov = math.floor(math.random() * 50)
local bultspd = math.floor((math.random() * 8)^2)
local bultrng = math.floor(((math.random() * 8)^2)+1)
local shotrot = math.floor(math.random() * 359)
local cngrot = math.floor (math.random() *179)
local bultrpt = math.floor ((math.random() *5)^3)
local phase = math.floor ((math.random() * 6)^2)
player.givelaser(toobject({damage=damg,reload=reloadspd,recoil=recl,knockback=knock,recovery=recov,speed=bultspd,range=bultrng,rotation=""..shotrot..","..cngrot.."",repeats=bultrpt,phasing=phase}))
player.chat("damage is ".. tolua(damg) .."")
player.chat("reload is ".. tolua(reloadspd) .."")
player.chat("recoil is ".. tolua(recl) .."")
player.chat("knockback is ".. tolua(knock) .."")
player.chat("recovery is ".. tolua(recov) .."")
player.chat("bullet speed is ".. tolua(bultspd) .."")
player.chat("bullet range is ".. tolua(bultrng) .."")
player.chat("rotation is ".. tolua(shotrot) ..",".. tolua(cngrot) .."")
player.chat("repeat is ".. tolua(bultrpt) .."")
player.chat("phasing is ".. tolua(phase) .."")
random guns.

PR3 also has better rollers, coin fiends, FAR more enjoyable deathmatches, generally better races, and unrestricted ability to crash your enemy's clients when they are in your domain (we have instant crash blocks and  timed crash blocks). Personally, I think there's a problem when a roller in PR3 is more enjoyable than an actual race in PR2.

Oh, and gasterskyRAW figured out how to make music levels in PR3, so that's pretty cool.
i failed the mario twitter challenge
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • tadtad
I just prefer Pr2, I got no full on argument about it, I just do, Pr3 just never kicked off for me
pr3 is too anime