PR2 "Rules" (Filter Evading)
DISCLAIMER: 4 stars (*) means the actual f word. It's also filtered on here, but just know when there's 4 stars it means the actual word.

Error: This account or ip address has been banned.
Reason: trolling 
This ban will expire in 60 minutes. 
You can see more details about this ban at pr2hub.com/bans/show_record.php?ban_id=95516

I was banned for trolling for trying to discuss the bullshit rule regarding "filter evading".

Let me just show why this rule is complete nonsense:

Typing "****" in the PR2 chat is completely fine as long as it is with no context. The word "****" will be filtered into another word such as funk-master and fooey. You will NOT get warned for doing this.

Typing "**** you", "**** (player name)" and so on is not accepted. You WILL be warned for doing this. This is because the swear word is directed towards another player and can therefore be considered harmful.

So good so far right?

Typing "fuk" or "fooey" without context is NOT okay. You will be warned for doing this. It's not directed towards another player, it's just saying it out in the air.

...Why? I deliberately asked in the PR2 chat what the reason behind this was, and this was the two responses I got

a7x3: If the swear word is directed towards another player you'll be warned, if the swear word is not directed towards another player it's not a warning.
bls1999: Filter evading is always a warning.

Why are two moderators contradicting themselves? 

What worse is, is that I got banned for 1 hour for trying to discuss this rule. I know I was messing around, and I'll quickly mention the 3 warnings I got:
1. "**** you Eternal" I said this and got warned. Fair enough.
2. "****" I said the word **** and was warned. Why was I warned? There's at least 1 moderator that's in the wrong here after this warning.
3. "**** off" Fair warning, it was directed towards someone else.

Why was I warned for saying the word ****? The actual word. This makes zero sense. I'm going to quote a7x3 one more time, and this is in no way because of personal hatred:

a7x3: We have given him a clear answer, and it wasn't to his liking, so we're moving on.

I haven't gotten a clear answer. What is the rule? 

I said "****" and was warned. The rules as I far as I can see is
*say **** in a harmful way to another player and you'll be warned.
*Say another word for **** eg. fuk (filter evading) and you'll be warned.

I did not say **** in a harmful way towards anybody else. This is a serious issue to me. I can't believe the staff team was incapable of giving me a proper answer and just took the easy way out by calling me a "troller".
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Tejs For This Useful Post:
  • oxy
Don't start changing what happened, you firstly used a swear word, yes it was filtered, but you used it as an insult towards another player, hence the first warning. Second warning was when you typed 1 word per line, resulting in another warning for flooding, not ONCE did you use **** to cover up what you said so for the love of everyone on this game just stop, I'm sorry that you feel what had happened was without reason, but what happened has happened. If you can't follow simple rules or instructions from mods or admins, then im affraid you will be getting banned. Rules are rules my friend, and you will just have to learn to live with that. Don't start having a go at mods or admins because you cannot follow these rules.

And also

"If the swear word is directed towards another player you'll be warned, if the swear word is not directed towards another player it's not a warning." I am really not a fan that you have just written something that was never said.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • Nemo Nation
But that's not true. You deliberately said I had been given a proper answer, but all you had said was "If the swear word is directed towards another player you'll get warned"

I didn't flood at any point in time, I didn't type the same message at any point. I did not spam, I was only making a point.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Tejs For This Useful Post:
  • oxy
(23rd December 2017, 5:55 PM)Tejs Wrote: a7x3: If the swear word is directed towards another player you'll be warned, if the swear word is not directed towards another player it's not a warning.
bls1999: Filter evading is always a warning.

Why are two moderators contradicting themselves? 

As I'm interpreting this, they're not contradicting themselves. a7x3 never said whether filter evasion was warnable or not. bls was elaborating on a7x3's statement, adding in that filter evading is a warning.
[Image: SQvuBgg.png]
Also try putting what people actually said in your post and you'll probably get more support.

[Image: YCXTg9UJTs605eZNSDG7pw.png]
(23rd December 2017, 6:16 PM)Rank Wrote: Also try putting what people actually said in your post and you'll probably get more support.

[Image: YCXTg9UJTs605eZNSDG7pw.png]

Well he was banned what did you want him to do?
(23rd December 2017, 6:43 PM)Odin0030 Wrote: Well he was banned what did you want him to do?

Realize that he was banned for breaking the rules and stop writing things that were never said.

Edit: I'm done posting on this thread. No sense in arguing.
If you have a valid complaint about a ban, please use Ask a Mod.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Mulley, Nemo Nation, Shane1334