Pr2- A1 Ranks+ Prediction
Now, I'm 100% fully aware that we have a Rank 50+ thread, thanks to @Stxtics. But here, I'm going to be taking a different turn away from that thread. This may exclude some things to make it more interesting. It's straight facts, and it's all love at the end of the day. A lot of the older players can give their two cents, or the whole pie... but hey, let's jump into it!

A1 Ranks
What are A1 Ranks, you asked? A1 Ranks are legitimate ranks with no tokens at all! I'm talking base ranks that not too many people could achieve or would not be able to achieve any time soon. Now I'm fully aware that now of days, anyone can reach a base rank of 60, so because of that, I decided to raise the bar to a higher level... I'm talking a base of rank 65 and up, which is highly underrated! A base of rank 60 is overrated, now! I remember when Rank 60 used to be a big deal, but now everyone is flying by it like jets! 

Now usually it takes 47mil to reach a base of rank 65. Think about that for a second... it takes 239mil to reach Rank 65 from Rank 0. Now to old vets, 239mil from rank 0 is a nothing burger, but if you're a newbie, dissecting the experience and factoring in your time, it's scary as fire! Let me elaborate more on A1 Ranks: let's say I'm at the top of my game as a player who has Rank 73 with +8 rank tokens. Now, I want you to completely ignore the fact that I'm rank 73 and subtract 8 tokens from that. Now, I'm a base rank of 65. In my book, this is where A1 Ranking status begins because it's very underrated, and how many people you know, could achieve that?!

Now, lets do the math: You currently have over 700 players in the game, who have Rank 50+ (if you exclude Fred the Giant Cactus)  Fred Too be exact, you have 788 players. The current percentage of players who make up the Base Rank of 65+ are roughly 1.65%. That's assuming that at least 13 players have a base rank of 65 and over. Now I'm not going to bore you with the math and all, but if you want to get all mathematical, check out these findings: https://www.percentagecal.com/answer/13-...ent-of-788 <--- facts for naysayers!

Now 1.65% is a VERY LOW percentage of players who have a base rank of 65+, and this number can and will change over time as new players arise. Take a moment to let all this information submerge into your minds. You have over 788 players who are rank 50+, and only 13 of them currently have a base of rank 65+, which is roughly 1.65% of those 700+ players; very miniscule and highly underrated. With that being said, here are the current players who make up the A1 Ranking list:

Rank 80 [Total: 3]
AlphaZ
Colind
FDX3

Rank 78 [Total: 6]
fdx3 jr.
FDX4
Puncture
Simacc 1
Team FDX3

Rank 77 [Total: 2]
HelpACC
Platform Racing 2

Rank 75 [Total: 2]
Aquarius
Jmarroqu

Rank 74 [Total: 3]
LP
Sim Race
Underneath

Rank 73 [Total: 3]
AVGN
Canary
Named444

Rank 72 [Total: 3]
DJ Everex
Master Raiden
Newinsect

Rank 71 [Total: 1]
SteamPower

Rank 70 [Total: 1]
Pro

Total Accounts: 24

This ranking list is subject to change, but for now, those are your A1 Players. A quick shout out to these players for busting their butts off and grinding to achieve these ranks. Pure ambition and the amount of time spent, plus CPU energy used.

BASE RANK

EXTRA

Now before I begin, I just want to do a quick recap about what I said earlier about all this being just straight love at the end of the day. If you want to go to war with this, be my guest lol! First and foremost, congrats to Colind for being the new #1 rank in pr2. I know you had to fight your way through AlphaZ, FDX3, and many more lol.

Now let me just say this: this player that I'm about to mention, has been holding the number 1 spot in Pr2 for nearly 5yrs, until FDX3 outranked him and became number 1 for at least 1 yr, then AlphaZ outranked him and took that spot for about 1-2yrs, then Colind came and destroyed these guys! For new players, you may be completely oblivious as to what I'm talking about, but old vets know what time it is. All of us never thought this man would EVER be outranked, until FDX3 was the first one to show us that it was possible!

Now, we all know that none of this would have ever occurred, had this ONE MAN, this ONE MAN hadn't quit and gave up his number 1 spot, 7yrs ago! That one man is Quesin! Now personally, I think that if Quesin had never quit and would have just kept going, this man would be rank 84, making it arduous and devastating for ANYONE to catch up to him! He wouldn't even allow you to get close!

If Quesin Had Continued...

Rank 85 [Total: 1]
Quesin

Rank 80 [Total: 3]
AlphaZ
Colind
FDX3

Rank 78 [Total: 6]
fdx3 jr.
FDX4
Puncture
Simacc 1
Team FDX3

Rank 77 [Total: 2]
HelpACC
Platform Racing 2

Rank 76 [Total: 3]
Quesin1
Quesin2
Quesin3

Rank 75 [Total: 2]
Aquarius
Jmarroqu

Rank 74 [Total: 3]
LP
Sim Race
Underneath

Rank 73 [Total: 3]
AVGN
Canary
Named444

Rank 72 [Total: 3]
DJ Everex
Master Raiden
Newinsect

Rank 71 [Total: 1]
SteamPower

Rank 70 [Total: 1]
Pro

Total Accounts: 28

When Quesin reached rank 65 back in July of 2013, he basically called it quits and ever since then, we haven't heard anything from him about ranking up, until 6yrs later. During that month, AlphaZ was rank 62, giving Quesin a 3+ rank lead ahead of AlphaZ. That's probably the closest Quesin would ever let anyone get to him! But hey, Quesin just stopped caring about pr2 after July, and moved to bigger and better things.

Now I'm sure that when AlphaZ reached rank 63 by the end of August, he was feeling really good for a moment, until he DESTROYED his chances of being the first 70 at the time! Fast forward 4 years later, and you shared the Rank 70 spot with ColindConfused 

Now before I go back to Quesin, it seems like AlphaZ could have made his way towards reaching the number one spot back in 2013 when Quesin quit, but then he just sat there and allowed FDX3 to catch up with him. Then FDX3 took the number one spot, but only settled for Rank 67?! FDX3 kept watch of Quesin to see if he would make a return and snatch back his number one spot! But Quesin never did return. This time FDX3 was in the clear, feeling good about being number 1.

Now remember what I said earlier... Quesin would NOT allow ANYONE to get close to him. So by that point, there was no way he would have started ranking up all of a sudden when FDX3 reached 61+4 during April. FDX3 had quit at rank 67 because he was gassed and temporarily satisfied at the time, then came back and started ranking a few years later.

Now we all know that Jellyhood3 was the one that discovered the DM Glitch back in September of 2013, but what if AlphaZ discovered it, first? What if AlphaZ didn't take a break and reached level 64 in October 2013 instead of March 2014? He would be the first level 70, instead!

Now as far as the DM Glitch goes, it was a way for players to gain exp really fast, within 5secs! However, the amount of disconnects (due to the game not meant to DM sim), was completely frustrating. Now there was a way you could macro DM back then, but tbh, the amount of time spent trying to figure that out is a catastrophe. But as time went on, players reached rank 60 really fast, until it was patched in July of 2013!  Eek

Anyways, back to what I was saying earlier, about Quesin... AGAIN, this man would not allow ANYONE to get close to him for nothing! Sometimes I would see this man online, and I kid you not, it seems like he would sit there and watch the player list to see if anyone is getting close. Then if he did see someone get close to his rank, he would pull out the old alts and start macroing 8 accounts! LOL he just couldn't be stopped!

But on the flip side, we all know that this man got too big for his player build, and couldn't gain anymore experience pts back in February of 2013 (thanks to Jiggmin) because he reached level 64 too quickly! I mean, he was just 59 in Janurary, then all of a sudden reached level 60+4 and USED ALL HIS TOKENS (assuming) that the token use was permanent?! LOL give me a break! This man use to laugh at us when we told him that we were going to outrank him one day because he knew that he was too far ahead of us, and his experience exceeded ours. But hey, looks like the joke's on him, now  Tongue

Now if he would have kept that number one position, he would STILL be laughing at us today, knowing that outranking him would be nearly impossible. I'd put money on it that he would be at least rank 85 (77+8) today!

Now another legend (and I'm sure some of the old vets remember him), Yellowfin, always seemed to have stayed a rank behind this man. Yes, Yellowfin could have been at the top, but he gave up and Quesin left him in the dust back in 2009, just laughing at him. He just couldn't get the job done. You have to care to stay at war with someone. When he couldn't rock with Quesin anymore, he simply gave up at level 58, leaving Quesinwith no competition for YEARS!

So Congrats on being the first to reach rank 80 in pr2, Colind! You finally got your wish about surpassing FDX3, even though those were dark days back then for you lol! However, it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Quesin had never stopped ranking back in 2013. Maybe FDX3's plans would have been different... who knows?! Maybe Colind would be stressed out from attempting to outrank Quesin! You all let me know in the comment section.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, ExplosionZ, FDX3, gemj, GHSimon3, Mia, Mulley, Robo
I love reminiscing on PR2 history haha. I remember racing with quesin years ago and being in awe. it was probably up there with racing with Jiggmin, 'cause that's how known quesin was.

looking back, it's really interesting to remember how parts of the game were. in this case, I remember the high ranked guys I knew like FDX3 and jacobjacob! being really chill; it's a nice memory. thanks for the thread!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Different, FDX3, Mulley
(23rd August 2020, 7:46 PM)gemj Wrote: I love reminiscing on PR2 history haha. I remember racing with quesin years ago and being in awe. it was probably up there with racing with Jiggmin, 'cause that's how known quesin was.

looking back, it's really interesting to remember how parts of the game were. in this case, I remember the high ranked guys I knew like FDX3 and jacobjacob! being really chill; it's a nice memory. thanks for the thread!
haha I know right. Back then, there was a lot going on, plus some legends trying to outrank each other.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • FDX3, gemj
Just a reminder, because most people are probably not even aware of this, and it's easy to forget, but Rank Tokens only became a thing in 2013. Before that, when you had folded 1000 points, you would get PERMANENT +3 ranks. A lot of people would spam fold accounts to get them their +3 ranks as early as possible, as for example, getting from 40 to 43 was a lot less threatening for high ranks than letting someone go from 50 to 53 EXP wise.
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Alex.L, AlphaZ, bls1999, Different, FDX3, Robo
Invent a new ladder, and people will try to climb it!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Campaigns | Ilraon For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(24th August 2020, 12:12 AM)TRUC Wrote: Just a reminder, because most people are probably not even aware of this, and it's easy to forget, but Rank Tokens only became a thing in 2013. Before that, when you had folded 1000 points, you would get PERMANENT +3 ranks. A lot of people would spam fold accounts to get them their +3 ranks as early as possible, as for example, getting from 40 to 43 was a lot less threatening for high ranks than letting someone go from 50 to 53 EXP wise.

I remember back in the day, some people were like "a passkey protects you from getting points" lol

But yeah, people trolled the simmers/macroers when they saw them ranking up quickly. Probably the only time in history where people were angry to have people folding for them! That was only remedied when Jiggmin added the rank tokens in Motley Monday #7:

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Alex.L, Different, FDX3, Robo
Yep same here, got folded myself in the 40s.

Rank Tokens were a neat update but they were costly to the high ranks who "lost" a large amount of xp. I was pissed off about it at the time (being one of the highest at rank 57, not too far off 58), and it would've really sucked for quesin.

As for this thread, there's other things you should take into consideration. Yes quesin had the advantage of time, being already pretty far ahead of everyone else, but the game didn't stay the same. There were changes and events such as:
  • The DM glitch
  • The captcha, having to switch levels after 2 plays or whatever it was to keep getting xp, and mods cracking down on macroing in general (although you could get around all of that if you knew how)
  • Multiple happy hours per day on different servers, with simmers especially reaping the extra xp from them and macroers not so much (unless of course you knew how to macro them)
  • Pay to win aspects, such as being able to buy happy hours, private servers and extra rank tokens from the VoM (which Colind and others massively took advantage of).
Quesin was a macroer, not a simmer, so he may have had to adapt to all of this to keep up, and I highly doubt he would've spent any money on the VoM.
Also, just keep in mind quesin wasn't the only one who quit/took breaks.

As for myself, the DM glitch (some time after the rank token update) certainly helped me rapidly catch up to quesin and outrank him, and I could've easily kept going on with it if he was higher than 65. I also took multiple breaks from the game and quit after hitting 67.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=515167&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c5=ff3333]
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FDX3 For This Useful Post:
  • Alex.L, Colind, Different, ExplosionZ, Fresh Cookies, gemj, Mulley, Robo
(24th August 2020, 5:22 AM)FDX3 Wrote: Yep same here, got folded myself in the 40s.

Rank Tokens were a neat update but they were costly to the high ranks who "lost" a large amount of xp. I was pissed off about it at the time (being one of the highest at rank 57, not too far off 58), and it would've really sucked for quesin.

As for this thread, there's other things you should take into consideration. Yes quesin had the advantage of time, being already pretty far ahead of everyone else, but the game didn't stay the same. There were changes and events such as:
  • The DM glitch
  • The captcha, having to switch levels after 2 plays or whatever it was to keep getting xp, and mods cracking down on macroing in general (although you could get around all of that if you knew how)
  • Multiple happy hours per day on different servers, with simmers especially reaping the extra xp from them and macroers not so much (unless of course you knew how to macro them)
  • Pay to win aspects, such as being able to buy happy hours, private servers and extra rank tokens from the VoM (which Colind and others massively took advantage of).
Quesin was a macroer, not a simmer, so he may have had to adapt to all of this to keep up, and I highly doubt he would've spent any money on the VoM.
Also, just keep in mind quesin wasn't the only one who quit/took breaks.

As for myself, the DM glitch (some time after the rank token update) certainly helped me rapidly catch up to quesin and outrank him, and I could've easily kept going on with it if he was higher than 65. I also took multiple breaks from the game and quit after hitting 67.
Yeah you're right. The game didn't stay the same. The rank tokens bugged me at first because I was rank 50 something, then it took away my tokens. Also yes, quesin was a macroer, but still, he always had an ace up his sleeve. 

But why quit at rank 67, though? I would have stopped at rank 70, at least. Also, had it not been for the DM glitch, would you be able to catch up with him, eventually, even if he'd never quit?
(24th August 2020, 8:16 AM)Fam93 Wrote: Yeah you're right. The game didn't stay the same. The rank tokens bugged me at first because I was rank 50 something, then it took away my tokens. Also yes, quesin was a macroer, but still, he always had an ace up his sleeve. 

But why quit at rank 67, though? I would have stopped at rank 70, at least. Also, had it not been for the DM glitch, would you be able to catch up with him, eventually, even if he'd never quit?

I'd had enough, and achieved my goals. If I had the time again though I probably would keep going considering what was to come, but that's hindsight.

And if he'd never quit then probably not, but I possibly could have closed the gap over time. Would have just depended on his xp rates compared to mine.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=515167&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c5=ff3333]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to FDX3 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
@FDX3 is right, the game changed so much and different people had different thing to increase their ranks throughout PR2.

I'm not sure if it's a secret but many of us 'high ranks' got to our rank by different means, like for example;

1) Quesin, Yellowfin got to 60 by macroing/using a macro bot

2) I really don't know how UnknownAX got his rank but he did a way where no one did in PR2

3) Fire-Bird used a bot

4) LP, Oxy, Vipa used a +5 PR2 Bot

5) FDX3 used DM exploit/macroed & simming

6) Steampower, Master Raiden (correct me if I am wrong) used the artifact exploit where they got 50K per match which got them very high

7) AlphaZ & I (Colind) got to our rank by simming, macroing, bought HH's

8) The rest of the high ranks like HelpAcc, K0NR4D, Lair6Devil, & Atari4600 just simmed & got random HH's

9) I want to congrats @AspectZero for getting to his rank from a contest that's awarding 45M (highest way to get exp, beside botting/other exploit)

Players who're now rank 60+, got their rank because macroing got allowed

Many of us higher rank like FDX3, AlphaZ and I took many breaks, I remember back in dec of 2013 I decided to take a break, that lasted for a year and 6 months. Any one of us could've been in the LEAD then not, I actually thought when I took my break FDX3 would remain #1 and rank 70 was just a mere 'wishful thinking' when I left.

I only came back because I saw how AlphaZ surpass FDX3 and I wanted to do the same since when I was away from the game I went to TFM (Transformice) where I played and farmed (it's like simming) I got to level 151 out of 888 (Unlike PR2), TFM wasn't afraid to let players go high as they want if they play, farmed, but again they've more category of what to do than PR2 but maybe @bls1999 can take note since that game avg of 30 to 60k a day & it's a flash game as well and they're working on a way to change their coding for TFM to continue.

Anyways, I think if Quesin did continue he'd be the first rank 70 (with tokens) but I highly doubt he'd reach 80 first, I honestly don't know who would've been top rank if Quesin didn't really started it all and the rest of us decided to sim/macro our accounts.

I know people think of me is just a 'paid to win macroer' but to be honest it's just a hobby, I didn't know it at the time but I really got the hang of it and I like it.

Thank you for writing this thread @"Fam93" & for giving us a 'what if' pr2 moment Tongue
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  • Atari4600, Different, ExplosionZ, Mulley, Robo
@Colind

"7) AlphaZ & I (Colind) got to our rank by macroing, bought HH's"

You're not innocent of botting yourself. The only difference is that you stopped after the first ban and didn't get deranked lol
(24th August 2020, 3:29 PM)__ Wrote: @Colind

"7) AlphaZ & I (Colind) got to our rank by macroing, bought HH's"

You're not innocent of botting yourself. The only difference is that you stopped after the first ban and didn't get deranked lol

Where's this 'bot' you speak of, you shouldn't be accusing people of something you've no proof of, I never had a bot and my speed macroing was proven to get the amount of exp I got on Sim Race.  @__
Cod4Fan used artiefacts to exploit exp
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Different, Legend
(24th August 2020, 2:07 PM)Colind Wrote: Anyways, I think if Quesin did continue he'd be the first rank 70 (with tokens) but I highly doubt he'd reach 80 first, I honestly don't know who would've been top rank if Quesin didn't really started it all and the rest of us decided to sim/macro our accounts.

I know people think of me is just a 'paid to win macroer' but to be honest it's just a hobby, I didn't know it at the time but I really got the hang of it and I like it.

Thank you for writing this thread @"Fam93" & for giving us a 'what if' pr2 moment Tongue
Facts from a wise, old vet like yourself. Thank you for enlightening all of us, including me, about some more history, bro!  Big Grin Oh and no prob, bro. I felt like everyone needed an interesting thread brought to the table at some point. 

The update where you can see everyone's experience is insane. How do you feel about that, Colind? Plus, I think Quesin still had the bot back in 2009, still working. 

I'm not sure if the game updates caught that, maybe it did (correct me if I'm wrong). But tbh, I think Quesin would have known that his time was up, and maybe stop at 75+8 before the exp update.
i remember back in the day, seeing a user like, starwarsfan or TheLastAngel and i was amazed by how high ranks they were since i would rarely see them racing or chatting, but once in every blue moon, i would race with them and it was fun.. quesin on the other hand is the opposite, as i would never see quesin ever race expept when janet would use Helpsim and i bought hh's and got a few sims with 60s in them.
(25th August 2020, 1:28 AM)Addy Wrote: i remember back in the day, seeing a user like, starwarsfan or TheLastAngel and i was amazed by how high ranks they were since i would rarely see them racing or chatting, but once in every blue moon, i would race with them and it was fun.. quesin on the other hand is the opposite, as i would never see quesin ever race expept when janet would use Helpsim and i bought hh's and got a few sims with 60s in them.

I don't remember what year it was, but I remember me and @AlphaZ race Quesin & Yellowfin when they were rank 58 and played campaign and we got to race them on Mario Bros (original campaign)

After that I got a chance to used Quesin's main and his alt due to a player who went by askRYAN on a pr2 xat chat.
(25th August 2020, 12:50 AM)Fam93 Wrote: Facts from a wise, old vet like yourself. Thank you for enlightening all of us, including me, about some more history, bro!  Big Grin Oh and no prob, bro. I felt like everyone needed an interesting thread brought to the table at some point. 

The update where you can see everyone's experience is insane. How do you feel about that, Colind? Plus, I think Quesin still had the bot back in 2009, still working. 

I'm not sure if the game updates caught that, maybe it did (correct me if I'm wrong). But tbh, I think Quesin would have known that his time was up, and maybe stop at 75+8 before the exp update.

I honestly don't care if people see what it's my exp, I actually told @bls1999 that I wanted our acc to be like Fred The G. Cactus each hour our ranks change from 0 to 150, that way there was no point of us macroing and depending on the hour of our acc we'd have fun or not Tongue

I think Quesin's macro bot got patch with PR2 updates a long time ago, tho I could be wrong and he got his old one working when he came back. Even if his macro bot didn't get patch I'd think he'd have got caught like several people did and got patch and probably depending on how much they thought he gained probably would've de-ranked him back to 60.
(25th August 2020, 2:08 AM)Colind Wrote: I think Quesin's macro bot got patch with PR2 updates a long time ago, tho I could be wrong and he got his old one working when he came back. Even if his macro bot didn't get patch I'd think he'd have got caught like several people did and got patch and probably depending on how much they thought he gained probably would've de-ranked him back to 60.
I think he did get his old one working again, when he came back because he went from 65-67 to quickly, back in the fall last year. Plus I think UnknownAX was the one that created the bot in the first place, but then updated it in 2010. I think the 2010 bot got patched.
I'll be on this leaderboard eventually™
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robo For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Different, FDX3
(25th August 2020, 12:46 PM)Robo Wrote: I'll be on this leaderboard eventually™
I'm looking forward to it. Although there won't be many updates on the A1 list because you rarely see anyone reach a base of 65 like that.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • FDX3