Beat the level to rate the level
I have a suggestion to have to make the user, beat the level until they are able to rate the map. Have a 5-10minute timer before being able to rate the level for those traps/frust people can’t beat!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, Ashley766, Athena, ExplosionZ, gemj, Ranko Danko
what if the level is either unbeatable or one of those troll levels that has 1 right way but many fake ways
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
yeah.. there would have to be a way to keep trap levels from flooding today's best. eek
[Image: Emeiry.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Emeiry For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(23rd September 2020, 4:20 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: what if the level is either unbeatable or one of those troll levels that has 1 right way but many fake ways

did you read the entir op? “have a 5-10minute timer before having the ability to vote or something for those trap and frust levels.”
(23rd September 2020, 7:46 PM)Addy Wrote: did you read the entir op? “have a 5-10minute timer before having the ability to vote or something for those trap and frust levels.”

I think you're missing his point. People could literally make short troll levels with no finish block. Who's gonna sit there and wait 5 minutes just to rate those?
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(24th September 2020, 12:54 AM)Mystery Wrote: I think you're missing his point. People could literally make short troll levels with no finish block. Who's gonna sit there and wait 5 minutes just to rate those?

level must require a finish block to vote
(24th September 2020, 1:03 AM)Addy Wrote: level must require a finish block to vote

That was just an example. They could just put a regular block under the finish block, or make the finish block inaccessible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Titanium
(24th September 2020, 1:06 AM)Mystery Wrote: That was just an example. They could just put a regular block under the finish block, or make the finish block inaccessible.
Look the voting system is already ****ed up as it is and I’m just suggesting this is an option to make it less cancerous than it already is. You’re not helping when all I am looking for is support. There already is those types of troll levels, but but it’s clear you really don’t want this voting system in the game
(24th September 2020, 10:21 AM)Addy Wrote: Look the voting system is already ****ed up as it is and I’m just suggesting this is an option to make it less cancerous than it already is. You’re not helping when all I am looking for is support. There already is those types of troll levels, but but it’s clear you really don’t want this voting system in the game

I'm giving you constructive criticism... It's the kind of thing you should expect when you present an idea like this. Try not to take it personally. I understand why you want an idea like this in the game, but I think it's fair for people to shed light on potential consequences and/or downsides to a suggestion.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Emeiry, gemj, Janelle
(24th September 2020, 10:26 AM)Mystery Wrote: I'm giving you constructive criticism... It's the kind of thing you should expect when you present an idea like this. Try not to take it personally. I understand why you want an idea like this in the game, but I think it's fair for people to shed light on potential consequences and/or downsides to a suggestion.

^^^^
When you post a suggestion, you should expect support AND constructive criticism. It would be different if they were just plain being rude about your idea, but I think they were being quite understanding and helpful. Smile

It's okay for an idea not to be perfect right away! That's why we have others to help suggest and add onto ideas.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, Ashley766
(24th September 2020, 2:02 PM)Jae Wrote: ^^^^
When you post a suggestion, you should expect support AND constructive criticism. It would be different if they were just plain being rude about your idea, but I think they were being quite understanding and helpful. Smile

It's okay for an idea not to be perfect right away! That's why we have others to help suggest and add onto ideas.

I guess since I’m getting negative feedback from everyone without any likes on the post means it’s not being approved enough since all I’m getting is just the opposite of what my idea is in the first place. It’s my idea and I am not wanting to change it because everyone is thinking of hundreds of suggestions that goes against my idea
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Janelle
(24th September 2020, 12:54 AM)Mystery Wrote: I think you're missing his point. People could literally make short troll levels with no finish block. Who's gonna sit there and wait 5 minutes just to rate those?

(24th September 2020, 1:06 AM)Mystery Wrote: That was just an example. They could just put a regular block under the finish block, or make the finish block inaccessible.

These points exactly. I think it's a great idea, but we have a lot of troll levels, and I don't think anyone would want to wait 5 minutes for that. I do want this voting system in the game, but maybe make it more manageable
(24th September 2020, 3:41 PM)Addy Wrote: I guess since I’m getting negative feedback from everyone without any likes on the post means it’s not being approved enough since all I’m getting is just the opposite of what my idea is in the first place. It’s my idea and I am not wanting to change it because everyone is thinking of hundreds of suggestions that goes against my idea

Nobody is saying your idea isn’t getting approved. I think they’re just trying to expand on the idea! I think if you’re going to suggest a “suggestion” that you should listen to what others have to say and try to implement their thoughts. All they are trying to do is help you. Even if your idea may have downsides, it’s better to think of them now so when/ if they are put into the game, there’s a lot less flaws. Smile
(24th September 2020, 4:12 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: These points exactly. I think it's a great idea, but we have a lot of troll levels, and I don't think anyone would want to wait 5 minutes for that. I do want this voting system in the game, but maybe make it more manageable

what do you mean “wait 5 minutes for that” if you are playin for example:a trapwork and die after playing 5 or 10 minutes of the level, then you are able to rate the level. I’m only suggesting this for those people who play a map and rate 1 after not even playing for 1 whole minute and quiting without hitting the finish block
(24th September 2020, 4:32 PM)Jae Wrote: Nobody is saying your idea isn’t getting approved. I think they’re just trying to expand on the idea! I think if you’re going to suggest a “suggestion” that you should listen to what others have to say and try to implement their thoughts. All they are trying to do is help you. Even if your idea may have downsides, it’s better to think of them now so when/ if they are put into the game, there’s a lot less flaws. Smile
Everyone isn’t understanding my idea tho
(24th September 2020, 5:02 PM)Addy Wrote: Everyone isn’t understanding my idea tho

while the base idea is great, there are scenarios in which it isn't viable.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(24th September 2020, 5:02 PM)Addy Wrote: Everyone isn’t understanding my idea tho

People are understanding your idea, you just don't seem very accepting of criticism. Some levels take under a minute to beat, especially the original & second campaign, you can't just have a set time limit to rate. And not every level has a finish block, look at To War by Intrpd for example.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(25th September 2020, 9:43 AM)David Wrote: People are understanding your idea, you just don't seem very accepting of criticism. Some levels take under a minute to beat, especially the original & second campaign, you can't just have a set time limit to rate. And not every level has a finish block, look at To War by Intrpd for example.

it seems you dont understand either, once you beat the level you are able to rate it. if you cannot beat the level and a certain amount of time has passed (which can be set or disabled in the settings), then the rating ability is available.
(25th September 2020, 6:38 PM)Addy Wrote: it seems you dont understand either, once you beat the level you are able to rate it. if you cannot beat the level and a certain amount of time has passed (which can be set or disabled in the settings), then the rating ability is available.

What everyone is trying to say is while the idea itself is good, there are a few loopholes, and that is what people have been trying to figure out with all these replies.

Take this level for example

[Image: I5YZkd.jpg]

No one in their sane mind would wait 5 minutes in that horrible piece of hot garbage to be able to rate it 1
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(25th September 2020, 6:51 PM)TRUC Wrote: What everyone is trying to say is while the idea itself is good, there are a few loopholes, and that is what people have been trying to figure out with all these replies.

Take this level for example

[Image: I5YZkd.jpg]

No one in their sane mind would wait 5 minutes in that horrible piece of hot garbage to be able to rate it 1

[Image: C3kcjQK.jpg]

its upto the developer of the levels to take advantage of the rating settings, i am not tying to promote people to make short/long levels to troll and make a block in front of the finish block. im not going to solve everyone's bs loopholes. i spend months in le and i take my time to publish hard work and it gets ruined by others who rate 1 within a minute of me publishing, i just dont think its fair for people to rate it 1  without even playing it at all. This is the reason for this idea, and since everyone doesnt even want this in the game, i might as well make a suggestion thread about having to finish the level in a test of le inorder to publish the level. and since there is a loophole with the click to teleport and people can just click to the finish and therfore making it a joke to have to finish the level in le to publish the level and still have the troll levels.