Obtainability of Epic Upgrades
As we all know, there are lots of epic upgrades that are unavailable without buying epic everything. In conjunction with the CAs, the staff has been working diligently to come up with a good plan to make more epic upgrades winnable while still leaving sets open for contests.

I just finished the changes for phase 1 of the plan, which are now live. Here's a list of the currently obtainable epic upgrades (with changes marked in bold):

We plan to make some more things available in the near future, so stay tuned! In the meantime, what epic upgrades do you want to see made available from this project? How do you think they should be won? Let us know!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • 4h3y, Ajayci 100, AlphaZ, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Dexterity, Janelle, MoonFiredk, Mulley, Overbeing, Tobi66677, TRUC, ZRD
What does random means =D? That it can random appear in random matches =D?
Folding @ Home
[Image: sigimage.php?un=MoonFiredk&t=143016]
(21st March 2021, 7:26 AM)MoonFiredk Wrote: What does random means =D? That it can random appear in random matches =D?

Yep! It means they can be won randomly in races with 2-4 players. These just join the parts that were already available to be won randomly.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
Yayy!! This is great for people who don't have epic everything! 😁
Just wanted to try and make this less confusing to read for players that aren't familiar with the contests names and set ID numbers, I probably forgot something or messed something up but am tired.

-- Hats --
EXP Hat -- Campaign Page 5 - The Legend by nerdy (Level ID: 798121).
Kong Hat -- Press the Kongregate button before you log in.
Propeller Hat -- Earn 15 points in Campaign of the Month.
Crown Hat -- Reward for folding 500,000 Points for Team Jiggmin / Earn 30 points in Campaign of the Month.
Cowboy Hat -- Reward for folding 5,000,000 Points for Team Jiggmin / Earn 45 points in Campaign of the Month.
Santa Hat -- Holiday Campaign Page 6 (Level 9) - Only available during the holidays.
Top Hat -- Reward for winning a race with  Sir Sirlington in it.
Jump Start Hat -- Campaign page 6 (Level 9) - Not available during the holidays.
Moon Hat -- [OBSIDIAN] by legobot (Level ID: 5176285).
Thief Hat -- Have a winning submission in Campaign of the Month.
Artifact Hat -- Earn 60 points in Campaign of the Month / Earn 100 points in Goliathe Grand Prix / Earn 144 points in Trial and Error / Win Level of the Week 5 times

-- Full Sets --
Classic Set -- Reward in a random race.
Bird Set -- Campaign Page 5 (Levels 1-3).
Invisible Set -- Reward in a random race.
Stick Set -- Reward for earning 12 points in Trial and Error.
Cat Set -- Cat Planet by Pounce (Level ID: 4954838) You have to replay until all the parts show up.
Car Set -- Mario Kart PR2 NEW! by Mfdom (Level ID: 1703797) You have to replay until all the parts show up.
Ant Set -- Press the Kongregate button before you log in.
Astronaut Set -- Crystal Moon by Arkanay (Level ID: 1181987) You have to replay until all the parts show up.
Alien Set -- Campaign Page 6 (Levels 1-3) Not available during the holidays.
Galaxy Set: -- Campaign Page 5 (Levels 7+8).
Dino Set -- Campaign Page 5 (Levels 4-6).
Armor Set -- Have a winning campaign level in Campaign of the Month.
Bubble Set -- Earn 36 points in Trial and Error.
Wise King Set -- Can only be bought from the Vault of Magics.
Wise Queen Set -- Can only be bought from the Vault of Magics.
Sir Set -- Reward for winning a race with  Sir Sirlington in it. (multiple times)
Slender Set -- Campaign Page 6 (Levels 4-6) Not available during the holidays.
Frost Djinn Set -- Can only be bought from the Vault of Magics.
Reindeer Set -- Earn 30 points in Goliathe Grand Prix.
Crocodile Set -- Earn 60 points in Goliathe Grand Prix.
Gecko Set -- Earn 150 points in Goliathe Grand Prix.
Bat Set -- Earn 60 points in Trial and Error.
Brew Set -- Earn 96 points in Trial and Error.
Turkey Set -- Happy Thanksgiving!!! by Rage Runner (Level ID: 2585329) You have to replay until all the parts show up.

-- Heads --
Tired -- Reward in a random race.
Smiler (Wide-Eyed) -- Reward in a random race.
Flower -- Reward in a random race.
Classic (Female) -- Reward in a random race.
Goof (Happy/Surprised) -- Reward in a random race.
Downer (Emo) -- Reward in a random race.
Balloon -- Reward in a random race.
Worm -- Reward in a random race.
Unicorn -- Campaign Page 6 (Level 7)
Sun -- Super Mario Bros. by superpie45 (Level ID: 2201787).
Candy -- Holiday Campaign page 6 (Level 8) Only available during the holidays.
Football Helmet -- Campaign page 6 (Level 8) Not available during the holidays.
Basketball -- Holiday Campaign page 6 (Level 7) Only available during the holidays.
Jack-o'-Lantern -- Haunted House 2 by DareDevil1510 (Level ID: 1782114).

-- Bodies --
Strap -- Reward in a random race.
Dress -- Reward in a random race.
Pec (Buff/Body Builder) -- Reward in a random race.
Gut (Rounded Belly) -- Reward in a random race. 
Collar (Popped Collar) -- Reward in a random race.
Miss PR2 (Pageant Ribbon) -- Reward in a random race.
Belt -- Reward in a random race.
Snake -- Reward in a random race.
Bee -- Zerostar (SuperJump) by Overbeing (Level ID: 6502430).

-- Feet --
Heel (High-Heel Shoes) -- Reward in a random race.
Loafer (Sneakers) -- Reward in a random race.
Soccer -- Reward in a random race.
Magnet -- Reward in a random race.
Tiny -- Reward in a random race.
Sandal -- Reward in a random race.
Bare (Arched Feet) -- Reward in a random race.
Nice (Women's Dress Shoes) -- Reward in a random race.
[Image: 7yFzNKY.png]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Camer the Dragon, Dangevin, Eternal, Master Raiden, PanchoMTP
I think it'd also be useful to say which parts/sets don't have non-EE ways to get them if there are any
á
On my quest to collect every epic upgrade in the game, it seems that I've hit a little roadblock.. Actually, it's quite a large roadblock!.. There are many epic outfit pieces with absolutely no method of obtaining them (as bls noted), so I thought I would compile a list of those for anyone who's interested.

**HATS**
-Party
-Jigg
-Cheese
-Jellyfish

**FULL SETS**
-Elephant
-Fairy
-Gingerbread
-Taco
-Santa
-Valentine
-Bunny
-Sea
-Christmas(star head, christmas body, present feet. Why is this the only set without a consistent name..?)
-Snowman
-Gladiator

**HEADS**
-Blobfish
-Just blobfish. Yep. He's special for some reason (SoTW contest reward, retired)

I think it's about time that these sets become FTP.. and buying epic everything says 'purchased' instead of 'upgraded' next to the outfit piece, which I personally could never settle for... Hear ye!
(1st April 2024, 4:22 AM)epicmidget Wrote: On my quest to collect every epic upgrade in the game, it seems that I've hit a little roadblock.. Actually, it's quite a large roadblock!.. There are many epic outfit pieces with absolutely no method of obtaining them (as bls noted), so I thought I would compile a list of those for anyone who's interested.

**HATS**
-Party
-Jigg
-Cheese
-Jellyfish

**FULL SETS**
-Elephant
-Fairy
-Gingerbread
-Taco
-Santa
-Valentine
-Bunny
-Sea
-Christmas(star head, christmas body, present feet. Why is this the only set without a consistent name..?)
-Snowman
-Gladiator

**HEADS**
-Blobfish
-Just blobfish. Yep. He's special for some reason (SoTW contest reward, retired)

I think it's about time that these sets become FTP.. and buying epic everything says 'purchased' instead of 'upgraded' next to the outfit piece, which I personally could never settle for... Hear ye!

This one is a tough one. Vault of Magics and especially Epic Everything provides Jiggmin with a little bit of income. Our intention is that he’s using the money to fund PR2’s server fees and to pay for PR2’s general upkeep. 

Making all Epic upgrades free to obtain kills this income stream and also gives us an extreme disadvantage when trying to select prizes for future contests. 

Hope you understand. If anything, I’ll buy you Epic Everything.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • epicmidget
(1st April 2024, 6:23 AM)Eternal Wrote: This one is a tough one. Vault of Magics and especially Epic Everything provides Jiggmin with a little bit of income. Our intention is that he’s using the money to fund PR2’s server fees and to pay for PR2’s general upkeep. 

Making all Epic upgrades free to obtain kills this income stream and also gives us an extreme disadvantage when trying to select prizes for future contests. 

Hope you understand. If anything, I’ll buy you Epic Everything.

Wow! Well, while I appreciate you offering to purchase me epic everything, I'm less interested in actually using the epic upgrades for their cosmetic value, and more interested in the (self fabricated) prestige that comes with collecting them all through hard work and determination.

Regarding  your point about withholding free access to  upgrades so people are incentivized to buy epic everything, respectfully,  I think it's a weak argument to make. I would argue that making many of the sets available, yet locked behind difficult contests or achievements, would actually add value to the parts, increasing the likelihood that someone might purchase epic everything, since owning the epic upgrade would have more significance. 

With that said, I don't think it's necessary to release epic upgrades for everything right away, some could be reserved for future contests,  I feel that there are just too many that are inaccessible outside of the jiggy shop right now. Even for contests, the prizes are sought after because they have full sets that are exclusive to their contest. Any future contests would be stunted as their are no new sets to offer (another solvable issue),  and epic upgrades inherently hold less value.

Anyways, just my thoughts.. I'm a completionist and need to fill this gap somehow. If that means designing entite new contests just to beat them, so be it  :p

AAt a minimum, I feel that the epic upgrades that have been given out in giveaways or through random staff events should be available to everyone somehow, without purchasing. That much, I feel strongly about.

(: