New: Amazon Go Store
I actually visited the original store in Seattle back when it was just a proof of concept thing. The order was 100% correct, but I still worry about the possible ramifications for other businesses and consumers.

(19th April 2021, 3:40 PM)bazooka Wrote: I feel it can be the next best thing but could potentially be the next big scam if you don't always check receipts after you do a shop? Surely Amazon could add an item in maybe 1 in 30 customers to their bill, small enough so the customer maybe very rarely notice, and in turn could generate Amazon millions.

This is my main issue for consumers. I'll need to check the receipt every time I leave and that's a pain. If anyone noticed it would just be dubbed "an accident" with a refund.

Amazon in general has been growing so much that I believe it may need to be broken up into smaller companies. They're in retail, entertainment, server management, manufacturing, grocery delivery, and now grocery stores? And that's only off the top of my head. They've squashed competition from so many small businesses. I know they're looking to expand further into pharmaceuticals, and I'm sure that industry won't take kindly to Amazon stepping on their toes.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, bazooka, Mia, Uptight 534

Messages In This Thread
New: Amazon Go Store - by bazooka - 19th April 2021, 3:40 PM
RE: New: Amazon Go Store - by Eternal - 19th April 2021, 4:31 PM
RE: New: Amazon Go Store - by David - 19th April 2021, 6:27 PM
RE: New: Amazon Go Store - by Mia - 20th April 2021, 1:58 AM
RE: New: Amazon Go Store - by Different - 20th April 2021, 11:12 AM
RE: New: Amazon Go Store - by bls1999 - 20th April 2021, 2:14 PM
RE: New: Amazon Go Store - by Uptight 534 - 20th April 2021, 6:39 PM
RE: New: Amazon Go Store - by Different - 20th April 2021, 9:59 PM
RE: New: Amazon Go Store - by David - 21st April 2021, 1:44 AM