(Original) Campaign Tier List
1) Soul Temple - Considering how old this level is, it’s incredibly well polished. The gameplay elements are really fun and varied, the art is awesome and the level itself doesn’t do anything special to stand out from the other campaign levels which I respect. By far my absolute favourite level in this campaign.

2) Candyland - I’d like to think of Candyland as one of the more iconic levels in the campaign, you can tell that Albatross really had fun doing the art for this, from the fatty on the waffle mountain to the pimping gingerbread man. The gameplay itself is really good for racing too as it balances items for both combat and shortcuts well. Although I don’t think it’s quite as polished as Soul Temple, I still think it’s a really enjoyable level to play.

3) Razor Blade - Personally one of the more impressive levels in this campaign, I think Zerostar nailed the map art of the pirate ship superbly and managed to fit in some really fun gameplay within it which offers some really compact aggro-based gameplay. I think what lets this down for me though is the moving-block section, as well as the vast amount of glitches which cut way too much time.

4) Hat Factory - This is where my bias-ness comes in because I’m pretty sure this level is this high just because of how much I love the space slugs design, but overall I wouldn’t even say the level is that bad. I would agree that the level is incredibly ugly which I think is inexcusable considering Jiggmin himself made it, but for some reason I actually enjoy the roller-like gameplay, it makes the level seem more chaotic which I guess would be fitting for a final level.

5) Mario Bros - Don’t get me wrong, this level is pretty cool and it keeps the Mario theme consistent throughout. I suppose the main reason to why I’m not the biggest fan of this level is that it just feels like a complete rip from a Mario game; it lacks the creativity the other levels above had. I do think that the level does give off some fun competitive races when playing with others though hence why I still believe it should get some respect still.

6) Zerostar - I think the idea this level had was definitely something different and fresh at it’s time, however I just can’t help but think how much better it could’ve been if Zerostar gave it that finesse it truly deserved. Overall it isn’t necessarily a bad level, it’s just unfortunately broken with an absurd amount of glitches and teleport rooms which just lack some form of creativity.

7) New York - Similarly to Razor Blade, the map art in this level is really neat and quite satisfying to look at, however instead of developing gameplay within the map art we just kind of race on top of it, which personally can be a bit boring. I can appreciate the effort Steved went into this level since it does seem to be well polished throughout, it’s just this level really has nothing going for it in terms of racing.

8) Blacklight - Continuing on levels which have nothing going for it, Blacklight is by far the most forgettable level in this campaign and it isn’t surprising why. In defense, the concept of the level where you’re racing your opponents who are upside down is pretty neat and I respect the idea. However, what lets this level really down is how basic the gameplay is. For a level which is only around 40 seconds long it’s actually impressive how it still feels somewhat repetitive. Nevertheless, I do think the art and symmetry of this level does do it justice.

9) Newbieland 2 - I did wish the pure nostalgia factor would at least pull this level up a few positions but the more I thought about it the more I agree why this level is the worst in the game. I could go ahead and say how ugly the level layout is or how luck-based the item box is, but nothing annoys me about this level more so the fact that Jiggmin knew that this level would be the first thing people on his game would play. Like, you’d think he’d at least put some effort showcasing a few more of the blocks and varying the gameplay a bit more, but at the moment it just looks like he made the level in 30 minutes and said he was finished with it. Although I don’t have a heavy grudge on the level, it just makes me wonder a lot how much better published levels could be if Jiggmin influenced a bit more effort from Newbieland to them.

[Image: tmzpaJC.jpg]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Dexterity For This Useful Post:
  • Magniloquent

Messages In This Thread
(Original) Campaign Tier List - by Magniloquent - 24th April 2021, 8:55 PM
RE: (Original) Campaign Tier List - by Different - 24th April 2021, 9:18 PM
RE: (Original) Campaign Tier List - by Tro - 24th April 2021, 9:34 PM
RE: (Original) Campaign Tier List - by Camer the Dragon - 24th April 2021, 11:43 PM
RE: (Original) Campaign Tier List - by Dexterity - 25th April 2021, 12:47 AM
RE: (Original) Campaign Tier List - by bazooka - 25th April 2021, 5:43 AM
RE: (Original) Campaign Tier List - by Mia - 25th April 2021, 8:49 AM