[Forum] Buddy List
NEW INFO

First time posting a server error, so bare with me. This is something that everyone should take heed of, if you decide to fiddle around with the "edit buddy list". I was fiddling around with the "edit buddy list" section, and discovered a problem with this system. A lot of times people will over look this because they're either satisfied with the friends on their list, or they don't bother to view the person's page after removing them.

Problem- If you remove someone from your buddy list, it literally takes away a buddy from their list. The more you fiddle around with this, the more buddies it takes away from their list. Here's a demo video of what I'm talking about. If it helps, @Stxtics recently had 23 friends (I don't remember their names), now he only has 15. Disregard permission to use this person as an example because this is very important.

I'm not going to fiddle around with this system anymore until it's fixed, so I'd advise everyone not to remove some one from your buddy list, as it could take away someone (who's not you) away from their list. Again... Even if you remove someone from your list, which removes you from their list as well, turns out that if you repeat this action, you're potentially removing OTHER PEOPLE from THEIR LIST as well. Weird server error, right?!

Now just remember... I'm only using this as an example; nothing personal at all. Had I decided not to fiddle around with this system, and someone would have found out the hard way. Pay very close attention to everything that is happening in the video so that you can gain a full understanding of the problem that I'm trying to convey to you.

One last thing: you don't even have to be on their buddy list to add them as your friend. Knowing this and removing them from your list, creates a problem on their end. Watch the video below!

4K DEMO VIDEO

I'm not sure I understand. The buddy system is mutual, meaning that if you remove a buddy from your list, then you're removed from that person's list too.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
@bls1999 I'll give you an example. Find a JV user and count up the amount of friends that they have on their list. Then add that person to your buddy list (even though they "didn't add you"). Now try removing them from your list and see if anything changes on their end.
Youtube Video Uploaded! Please reread this entire thread as new information has been uploaded!
(26th May 2021, 7:46 AM)bls1999 Wrote: I'm not sure I understand. The buddy system is mutual, meaning that if you remove a buddy from your list, then you're removed from that person's list too.

I think I understand the issue, going by the video he removes Stx as a friend which naturally brings him down 1 friend (down to 16) , but when Fam adds him back then removes him again, Stx has lost another friend (seems to be a completely random person). So Stx should be going back and forth from 17 down to 16 when removed*, then back to 17 when Fam adds him back, but instead Stxs friend counter continues to go down everytime Fam adds and removes, meaning random people are being taken off his list. Kinda hard to explain, but I feel that's what you mean? @"Fam93"
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(27th May 2021, 3:50 AM)a7x3 Wrote: Stxs friend counter continues to go down everytime Fam adds and removes, meaning random people are being taken off his list. Kinda hard to explain, but I feel that's what you mean? @"Fam93"

That's exactly correct. Just remember though, anybody can do this. It's some type of weird server error. I'd encourage you to try it, but I don't want anymore problems caused on someone else's end.
The least buddies you have the cooler you are. That's what I heard anyway
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
(27th May 2021, 11:02 AM)bazooka Wrote: The least buddies you have the cooler you are. That's what I heard anyway

Depends on the person
Also causes me to get spammed with alerts haha
[Image: HcldJZh.png]

EDIT: This has caused me lose a bunch of people i had added too wtf
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
(30th May 2021, 8:07 AM)Stxtics Wrote: Also causes me to get spammed with alerts haha
[Image: HcldJZh.png]

EDIT: This has caused me lose a bunch of people i had added too wtf

Sorry, man. Had to do it because otherwise any user would have ran into this problem eventually, so it's better to get it out of the way, now.