PR2 -> Discord Exposure
From the client, the only way to know that there is a PR2 affiliated Discord Server is by doing /community in the chat. This can cause users to overlook that there is even one available. I've been trying to think of various ways to incorporate a Discord invite hyperlink into the client. I want this to be bold enough for new/returning users to notice it and click on it, but discrete enough so it's not a glaring eyesore. Any suggestions?

My thoughts would be to enable a global popup on login that says "Welcome back to Platform Racing 2..... more words more words..... Please join us at the community Discord! (Insert Discord link here)" and give the option to acknowledge the message and to turn off to never see again.

Opinions?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
The link should definitely be included in a global popup, beyond that maybe some sort of exclusive set or part awarded for verifying yourself on Discord with your PR2 account
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Battlealvin2009, Camer the Dragon, Eternal, Magniloquent
Pop-up would be good yeah
It could also be in the main menu like how the Kong logo is
á
I went ahead and added some more links. Among a few tweaks to existing messages, there will be a new welcome back PM that gets sent if you haven't logged in for 2 months. More info on the pull request page: https://github.com/jacob-grahn/platform-...r/pull/738

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • David