Poll: Which one of these consequences would you accept for the money?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Let the guy break my neck
0%
0 0%
Let the guy bust my head open with a brick
75.00%
6 75.00%
NEVER walk again after getting my legs cut off by a chainsaw
12.50%
1 12.50%
Eat food threw a straw for eternity
12.50%
1 12.50%
Have a broken back for the rest of my life
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

One Shot!
Suppose someone told you that you could be a millionaire, instantly, but then you have to do something pretty drastic to get the money. It pretty much involves you getting hurt and possibly humiliated for a suitcase full of one million dollars, then posted on Youtube, LIVE. I can tell you right now, that your options are pretty nasty, which means that you don't have a choice.

Situation: You're homeless with no money, no skills, no nothing. All of a sudden, someone offers you a chance to be famous for one million dollars. Everything is legit and 100% verified that you'll get the money. Whatever you choose is dependent upon your health status. Remember, you don't have a choice, really. This guy is the only one willing to help you, but it's a bitter-sweet, deal.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Matt
This seems like basically the plot for Squid Games.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • *Izi-Blissers*, Different, JEEJAYEM
Allm of these optoins make me think mabye it’s better to be poor with good health in stead of poor with lots of monies
Yemlo and Co.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:
  • Dan-83, Different, Tejs
I would take being poor because the total costs of the injuries monetarily (*cough*United States healthcare system*cough*), physically, mentally, and emotionally would be far greater than the $1,000,000.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Different, Magniloquent
I'd let the guy bust my head open with a brick because at least in hospital I'll have free food and a warm bed for a while, the money isn't about to run off anywhere and plus, when I wake up I'll be a millionaire.
Happy days.
EDIT: At least in the UK I wont have to pay for my stay in hospital LMAOOOOOOO. Celebrating in British.
Discord - Mikasa.A.Cain #0705 Steam - IziCain
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Izi-Blissers* For This Useful Post:
  • Different, Magniloquent
I'd let him flay off all my skin alive while im being soaked in fuel that later burns everything so my eyes melt and i cant see shit and getting hammered in my head til my brainjuice splashes out everywhere all while my nails r getting pulled out simultaneously and impaled from bottom to top with a stick crushing all intestines and making a big jelly soup inside me
[Image: giphy.gif]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vipa For This Useful Post:
  • Different, ExplosionZ, Magniloquent
(4th April 2022, 4:25 PM)*Izi-Blissers* Wrote: I'd let the guy bust my head open with a brick because at least in hospital I'll have free food and a warm bed for a while, the money isn't about to run off anywhere and plus, when I wake up I'll be a millionaire.
Happy days.
EDIT: At least in the UK I wont have to pay for my stay in hospital LMAOOOOOOO. Celebrating in British.

lol the only problem with that, is that you don't exactly know how he's going to bust your skull with the brick. Could be permanent brain damage 😱

(4th April 2022, 6:52 PM)Vipa Wrote: I'd let him flay off all my skin alive while im being soaked in fuel that later burns everything so my eyes melt and i cant see shit and getting hammered in my head til my brainjuice splashes out everywhere all while my nails r getting pulled out simultaneously and impaled from bottom to top with a stick crushing all intestines and making a big jelly soup inside me

While that is sooo deep, I'd be surprised if you survived those consequences lol.
can we settle for a incremental payout, with the pain being proportional to the cash? like the person scratches me and I get a few dollars from that? that'd be good
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(5th April 2022, 10:44 PM)Northadox Wrote: can we settle for a incremental payout, with the pain being proportional to the cash? like the person scratches me and I get a few dollars from that?  that'd be good

Lol that's funny. Of course you can... NOT lol! You're not afraid of taking the severe consequences for the substantial amount of money, are you?
(6th April 2022, 8:30 AM)Different Wrote: Lol that's funny. Of course you can... NOT lol! You're not afraid of taking the severe consequences for the substantial amount of money, are you?

most of these answers involve liiterally dying (breaking my neck) or being permanently debilitated for the rest of my life, and those sorts of things are priceless to me. if it was way more than a million dollars, sure, me and my heirs would receive an ungodly amount of wealth, but what would we do with it? probably do some frivolous spending at the end of the day because most people cannot be trusted with money. if we're smarter and form a massive investment company or something and acquire massive influece and further wealth, then chances  are we're just making the world a worse place to be in. we could sit on it I suppose but then we lack an incentive to work, which is what humans are meant to do (and no, not sitting around for 8 hours in some office, which is what "work" means to most people, I mean genuine self-actualization). 

ultimately it's either an extremely painful life for me for a pointless life for my heirs or what I have now.
but if I get immediate medical service after the dude smashes my head in with a brick and I can get rehabilitated rather quickly with no lasting consequences I can deal with having a big scar on my head for a million dollars, that's acceptable enough
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid
(6th April 2022, 10:54 AM)Northadox Wrote: Ultimately it's either an extremely painful life for me for a pointless life for my heirs or what I have now.
but if I get immediate medical service after the dude smashes my head in with a brick and I can get rehabilitated rather quickly with no lasting consequences I can deal with having a big scar on my head for a million dollars, that's acceptable enough

Well, just so you're aware, the only problem with that scenario is that you would be responsible for your own medical bills. Sure, you can acquire immediate medical service after your skull is busted open, but then you'd have to call them ahead of time, letting them know what's happening. Now getting rehabilitated quickly, depends on who you call and how serious the scar is.

Worst case scenario is, you don't know how bad the scar is or how hard the guy smashed a brick over your skull. Not sure how your body responds to pain or how quickly you'll recover. Who knows.. you might be one of those people who have a skull of steel. So, it's a bitter-sweet moment, there.
(4th April 2022, 8:01 PM)Different Wrote: lol the only problem with that, is that you don't exactly know how he's going to bust your skull with the brick. Could be permanent brain damage 😱
I would take brain damage any day, as if it's not damaged already LMAO.

But in all seriousness, money is there either way and for all I care I'd happily live like Stephen Hawking's for the rest of my life makes no odds. Nothing much left to enjoy anyway  Big Grin
Discord - Mikasa.A.Cain #0705 Steam - IziCain
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to *Izi-Blissers* For This Useful Post:
  • Different
Assuming I don't die, I'll let them break my neck. Neck injuries can usually be repaired within a few months, and it didn't say it lasts for life. Busting my head open seems to imply brain damage. Cutting my legs off would probably put me into a coma from the shock. I don't know what injury is involved with eating through a straw, but it doesn't sound very tolerable. Back pain is some of the worst pain there is, and that one lasts for life, so that's out of the question.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(8th April 2022, 1:26 AM)Delphinoid Wrote: I don't even need to post anymore, Northadox always has the best possible takes in these threads

You can still contribute to the topic. It's always interesting to hear what you have to say.
(4th April 2022, 11:18 AM)Different Wrote: It pretty much involves you getting hurt and possibly humiliated for a suitcase full of one million dollars, then posted on Youtube, LIVE.
I couldn't care less about being humiliated. So what? I've got 1 million dollars. I don't care. If I were permanently harmed like a limb being chopped off? No. What would a million dollars do? I could get a prosthetic arm, but that's basically half the million lost right there. If it's just a broken bone or my body being scarred? Why the hell not. It'll heal.

(4th April 2022, 11:18 AM)Different Wrote: Situation: You're homeless with no money, no skills, no nothing. All of a sudden, someone offers you a chance to be famous for one million dollars. Everything is legit and 100% verified that you'll get the money. Whatever you choose is dependent upon your health status. Remember, you don't have a choice, really. This guy is the only one willing to help you, but it's a bitter-sweet, deal.
Being homeless is not fun. A million will give me a place to call my own and I can get my step back. Honestly, if I were homeless, a cut off arm would be fine. Imagine the publicity, I could milk a charity or university to fund myself for a prosthetic arm. Having my own place... much better than a shelter.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Kribbles For This Useful Post:
  • Different
There's nothing more humiliating than having your legs cut off with a chainsaw and then having it posted on YouTube, LIVE. In all seriousness, I wouldn't take any of the deals because if I have no skills then I can beg for money on the street and then spend it on a streaming setup to become a professional beggar.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to IceThatsCool For This Useful Post:
  • Different
i use my second amendment rights to deal with whoever is offering this to me.
i failed the mario twitter challenge
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • Different, Northadox
(17th April 2022, 6:19 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: i use my second amendment rights to deal with whoever is offering this to me.

I say we break their neck. While they're immobilized on the ground, we bust their head open with a brick. While they're unconscious, we cut their legs off with a chainsaw. We repair all the wounds so they don't bleed out, then give them a permanent allergic reaction. That allergic reaction will force them to eat food through a straw for eternity. After enduring all of that trauma, I find it only fitting to give them one hearty slap on the back, breaking it for the rest of their life.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(18th April 2022, 8:41 AM)Mystery Wrote: I say we break their neck. While they're immobilized on the ground, we bust their head open with a brick. While they're unconscious, we cut their legs off with a chainsaw. We repair all the wounds so they don't bleed out, then give them a permanent allergic reaction. That allergic reaction will force them to eat food through a straw for eternity. After enduring all of that trauma, I find it only fitting to give them one hearty slap on the back, breaking it for the rest of their life.

Damn, you are one cold-hearted person lol. The only problem with this statement is that you wouldn't be the one, dealing out this level of punishment; you would be on the receiving end, unfortunately. That's the only way to get the 💰
what if you are a millionaire or close to one already?
[Image: giphy.gif]