Poll: Do you still think that Rank 50+ is special, nowadays?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The result of this poll remains hidden until the poll closes.

The Rank 50+ theory – Uncensored truth!
(21st April 2022, 6:08 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: You have 1/3rd what it takes to get to the top, not sure I'd call that an accomplishment seeing as players' alts are even higher.

That's entirely irrelevant to the point I was making, but go on. Talk about how unaccomplished I am. Running a macro isn't an accomplishment just because other people have done it for longer than me.

(21st April 2022, 6:08 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: I have given plenty of time and energy to get to the rank I'm at. When I set a goal for myself I see it through; I have been committed to hitting rank 80 for a very long time now.

You're missing my point, AlphaZ. It's not your time and energy being spent grinding for ranks when it's just a program running in the background. It's equivalent to botting posts, which also isn't impressive and doesn't take dedication.

(21st April 2022, 6:08 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: If my journey to rank 80 isn't dedication then your daily folding isn't dedication either; it's the same principle according to you. You're doing nothing yourself by leaving F@H running because the programs doing it all for you.

Yeah, and that's not me being dedicated either. I'm just choosing to use my GPU for folding. I'm not slaving away at my computer unpacking the work units (and it's not really a rational comparison anyway cause it's curing cancer, but that's beside the point).

(21st April 2022, 6:08 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: There is a level of difference between someone who tries and someone who does. You can't really compare a little over 2+ years of stress-free ranking to the 10+ years of ranking some of the top rankers have. Rank by no means equals skill, but it's far-fetched to disrespect the grind it took some of us to get here.

What are you talking about? I'm not disrespecting anything, I'm just telling it like it is. And you missed my point yet again. I don't think you quite understand the point I'm trying to make. Running macros =/= giving our time and energy to something. Macroers are not giving their time and energy ranking up. They're leaving it to a program to do it for them.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • ThePizzaEater1000

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Rank 50+ theory – Uncensored truth! - by Vipa - 21st April 2022, 10:01 AM
RE: The Rank 50+ theory – Uncensored truth! - by Mia - 21st April 2022, 6:24 AM
RE: The Rank 50+ theory – Uncensored truth! - by Mia - 21st April 2022, 9:13 PM
RE: The Rank 50+ theory – Uncensored truth! - by Mia - 21st April 2022, 10:52 PM
RE: The Rank 50+ theory – Uncensored truth! - by Mia - 21st April 2022, 11:07 PM
RE: The Rank 50+ theory – Uncensored truth! - by TRUC - 22nd April 2022, 6:51 AM
RE: The Rank 50+ theory – Uncensored truth! - by FDX3 - 22nd April 2022, 8:20 AM