Poll: Legalize Marijuana?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
67.86%
19 67.86%
I don't know/I don't care
17.86%
5 17.86%
No
14.29%
4 14.29%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should marijuana be legal?
Yes. ...to an extent. I do agree that being penalized due to carrying small amounts of marijuana is silly. However, likewise to alcohol, it must be regulated by law and should be only accessible publicly by persons 21+ years of age.

What are your thoughts? Should Marijuana be legal?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Kursed For This Useful Post:
  • Jessica Rocks
100%. Have you looked up the real reason why Marijuana is illegal in the first place? Very interesting stuff.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Robobot For This Useful Post:
  • Jessica Rocks
(18th January 2018, 7:37 PM)Robobot Wrote: 100%. Have you looked up the real reason why Marijuana is illegal in the first place? Very interesting stuff.

I did my English exam on explaining everyone’s POV on Marijuana, why it should be legal, why only medical marijuana should be legal, why it is legal in different places, etc.

I also vote no.
Pineapple, Coconut, BIG Banana, 2 BIG meat patties & a ooshy mama! 

(18th January 2018, 7:37 PM)Robobot Wrote: 100%. Have you looked up the real reason why Marijuana is illegal in the first place? Very interesting stuff.

I just see a lot of government conspiracy articles, all of the stories are different though. I see that the generality of each one is that the government uses marijuana to scapegoat immigration issues? idk
I think no... but I've never tried it.

But I do think there are better alternatives, at least for me and other people who haven't even experienced it. It does have psychological effects on people, which can lead to irrational behavior, and has. I also don't think it makes you look 'cool' at all. If anything, the opposite. However I really do think that for medical reasons, and people suffering from various things, there is reason to it.
- Bluelightning

[Image: Signiture.png]
It should be legal for recreational use.. I've used it, all you do is eat a bag of doritos and fall asleep, alcohol is more dangerous because it is physically impossible to overdose on weed. Not to mention alcohol makes some abusers throw up, fight, and takes away their judgement and get in driving accidents.. Smoke weed and all you wanna do is stay home and watch a movie. Don't know why anyone voted "No"
I don't smoke or drink, so I don't really have a preference. I also don't know much about the health effects of marijuana vs. alcohol. That being said, if it truly is less harmful than alcohol, I'd say as long as the proper regulations are put into place, I would have no issue with it being legalized.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
Yes for recreational and medical reasons mainly because so we can get rid of the draconian possession laws. As long as it is regulated, I do not care if people consume it.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The benefits of decriminalization are well-known. Cigarettes are much more harmful, yet they are legal.

It should be subject to the same restrictions as cigarettes (including smoking bans), nothing more, nothing less. There's nothing to gain by feeding a black market and filling the prisons with non-criminals like many countries are doing nowadays.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 For This Useful Post:
  • Nemo Nation
In personal experience, weed is probably the 'safest' drug to use, in the sense that it's the easiest to quit. Caffeine for me is extremely hard to quit. I just love my coffee and the occasional Voltage.

I also know a lot of high-functional, successful stoners, so there's that.
life can be cut short. try to enjoy it.
There hasn't been a single case of a person overdosing on Marijuana in the entire history of it's use. Now, smoking and then driving isn't that safe to do and you could say that Marijuana should be illegal in the sense that you COULD be a danger to yourself or others on it.

However, Alcohol is much much much worse and it's somehow legal. The way I see it, it's literally poison that people buy and choose to ingest. Driving drunk is around 10x more likely than driving high to cause an accident. If Alcohol is legal, why isn't Marijuana?

edit: Also for the states that have chosen to legalize recreation and medical marijuana, their economy is even stronger now because it's a multi billion dollar industry.
(20th January 2018, 9:20 AM)Robobot Wrote: There hasn't been a single case of a person overdosing on Marijuana in the entire history of it's use. Now, smoking and then driving isn't that safe to do and you could say that Marijuana should be illegal in the sense that you COULD be a danger to yourself or others on it.

However, Alcohol is much much much worse and it's somehow legal. The way I see it, it's literally poison that people buy and choose to ingest. Driving drunk is around 10x more likely than driving high to cause an accident. If Alcohol is legal, why isn't Marijuana?

edit: Also for the states that have chosen to legalize recreation and medical marijuana, their economy is even stronger now because it's a multi billion dollar industry.
oh please, post your statistic that driving drunk is 10x worse than driving high
(22nd January 2018, 11:28 AM)spaqo Wrote: oh please, post your statistic that driving drunk is 10x worse than driving high

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722956/
(22nd January 2018, 12:31 PM)Robobot Wrote: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722956/

A quick search for the number "10" in that document reveals no hits, and reading the abstract yields nothing towards your point. Posting a long document hoping that nobody will bother to check your facts is a bad idea.
(23rd January 2018, 3:27 AM)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: A quick search for the number "10" in that document reveals no hits, and reading the abstract yields nothing towards your point. Posting a long document hoping that nobody will bother to check your facts is a bad idea.

the 10x claim isn't true, it's more of an exaggeration, however if you fully read the article, you'll find some very very interesting information, I'd ask you to fully read it and not just try to find one specific point. Thank you.
From personal experience, driving high makes me feel slow motion and if anything it makes me better except if i have to slam the brakes lol but that never has to happen. Plus the driving accident deaths are down in Colorado Smile
(23rd January 2018, 8:29 AM)Robobot Wrote: the 10x claim isn't true, it's more of an exaggeration, however if you fully read the article, you'll find some very very interesting information, I'd ask you to fully read it and not just try to find one specific point. Thank you.

I hope you can tell by yourself how weak your claims look when you retreat and say "the [...] claim isn't true" as soon as someone says that your claim isn't backed by your sources. It's no better than the typical "haha, I was just trolling" rebuttal.

The study makes a very strong case against mixing marijuana and alcohol, and otherwise says that the effects of marijuana alone are easier to compensate when in small doses than those of alcohol. It doesn't say that driving under the influence of either is safe. The amount of alcohol you can legally drink before driving in most places is very limited, far below the values used in that study (in some places and in some cases it's restricted to as little as zero), so the comparison does not apply.
(The values used as lower bounds in that study, as far as I can tell, are 0.08% BAC and 0.75 g/kg. Those values are around twice the legal limit here.)
(23rd January 2018, 2:10 PM)Nova Wrote: From personal experience, driving high makes me feel slow motion and if anything it makes me better except if i have to slam the brakes lol but that never has to happen. Plus the driving accident deaths are down in Colorado Smile

That's very bad, you shouldn't do that.
- Bluelightning

[Image: Signiture.png]
Depends on the outcome of legalizing it...

Ay bb ;)
Marijuana is way milder than alcohol, and it's pretty darn harmless physically and mentally (with obvious effects). I guess people are scared about it because of years of propaganda, but I'm definitely biased lol.