Quick update
Not sure it's been really noticeable considering the general decrease of activity I've shown in the past few years (woops) and the lack of drive around here as of late, but I've been stuck in a bad routine (well, worse than the usual adult stuff I had to deal with beforehand, let's say) for a few months now... probably since March ?

Here's a quick recap for those interested:

- War in Ukraine impacts my savings account quite heavily (around $3-4k CAD)
- My cousin who happened to be my flatmate wanders away, leaving me with 3 whole months to pay alone, and an extra $2.5k he owed me already

Now that would not have been too bad, since I intended to take a break of my full time night shifts for the summer (32h weeks, PM shifts to enjoy summer activities hopefully) by the end of May, plus 2 weeks off turning from June to July to rest and move out somewhere else... but:

- I get screwed with 19 days of rain out of 23 days off total to start things off (and 2 of the 4 were right when I moved lol)
- The HUUUUGE peak of madness at work caused by the big summer music festival never died, as we kept seeing record sales at any hour or day of the week
- New higher management doing nothing valuable and a lot more questionnable new employees led to veterans like me taking a huge toll on their schedule

So yep, basically since July 6th I've had an average of 11 hours per shift, dealing with employees not showing up or super late, smoking weed on their shifts and/or acting like complete childs with no consequences whatsoever cause the new direction won't handle stuff during their first months

At least I had some time for myself, albeit a lot less than I would have liked, but since the end of August and early September, we've been having less support from soom good employees who reduced their availability with the school year back in action, so the pressure added up quickly, and between the long shifts and the maths tutoring I do, sleep hasn't been quite efficient, I guess it culminated to some sort of burnout-like illness I kind of dragged for a month, now ? Not Covid, just a sore throat permanently and mild insomnia/mental fatigue.

Anyways, I've had a huge day off yesterday where I slept for like 14 hours and another 9 overnight just now, and I feel just fine at the moment, so I thought I'd take a couple minutes to write this down. I tried to reply to direct messages over the past weeks, but I assume I might have missed a lot of stuff, so feel free to let me know if that's the case hehe

And before I forget to mention it, Goliathe is still alive and just turned 13 years old recently, aren't we all old yet ?
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • *Izi-Blissers*, AlphaZ, Dangevin, Different, ExplosionZ, Lego-man945, Master Raiden, Matt, Mia, Mulley, Uptight 534
im hopeit gets easyier for you bro
Yemlo and Co.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:
  • TRUC
Well, you're still alive that's the main thing right?
And remember, health before work! Never exhaust yourself for an employer who can replace you tomorrow if you quit!
Discord - Mikasa.A.Cain #0705 Steam - IziCain
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to *Izi-Blissers* For This Useful Post:
  • TRUC
(30th October 2022, 4:54 PM)*Izi-Blissers* Wrote: Well, you're still alive that's the main thing right?
And remember, health before work! Never exhaust yourself for an employer who can replace you tomorrow if you quit!

They know very well they can't replace me without causing some major problems hehe, we're basically only 2 people who can run everything I need to cover. Will be funny when one of us gets past their limit, but at least it's worth it for the few people there who care enough about what we do.

Also yep I'm still alive as far as I know, that's good
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  • *Izi-Blissers*
@TRUC It never hurts to go and do freelance work for yourself while you're holding it down at that job. A lot of employers love to lay people off and replace them with somebody else. Also too, investing in the stock market is another little side hustle to make ends meet.

I just hope that you find something that you really love to do, one day. I just graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Audio Production, so now I'm actively looking for a job so that I can start my career. Anyways, good luck with everything.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • TRUC