Poll: Do you agree with parents & teachers taking corporal punishment, disciplinary actions towards children, or is it child abuse?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Absolutely! Children need an ASS WHOOPIN’, especially nowadays!
10.00%
1 10.00%
No, I don’t think so. It makes the child, retarded and delayed in school.
10.00%
1 10.00%
As someone who has received them myself, I think they should be admissible no matter what. Especially nowadays.
0%
0 0%
No, I don’t think so. Corporal punishment is just a very HARSH way of discipling a child for bad behavior. I think there are other ways to get the job done. This is child abuse!
70.00%
7 70.00%
Don’t listen to these brain-dead psychologists tell you anything different. Corporal punishment is the best form of medicine.
0%
0 0%
I disagree with belts, the board of education, spankings, and anything else that goes with it. Figure out safer ways to get the job done.
0%
0 0%
While I agree with corporal punishment because sometimes that’s what it takes to get the job done, I also disagree because it’s a cruel form of punishment, depending upon what you use.
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DISCIPLINE! 😫😰πŸ”₯⚠️
I don't agree with using violence to discipline kids.

For those who do, here are some questions:
1. Would you hitΒ your partner/friend if theyΒ did something you didn't like?
2. Would you hit your parents if they did something you didn't like?
3. Would you hit someone else's kid if they did something you didn't like?
4. Would you hit an elderly person if they did something you didn't like?

Given that 51% of parents admitted to using violence as discipline for their children, I'm surprised to see how much people refrain from using violence against adults. This kind of makes me think that they are doing it because they can. It's not like a 10 year old kid could fight back, right?

People often point the finger at police officers who do the wrong thing, accusing them of abusing their power because they have a badge and a gun, but rarely towards parents who seem to only use violence against kids.

The main reason why I don't think corporal punishment is effective is because it doesn't make sense given the outcome you are trying to achieve.

If your kid is disrespecting you and you hit them, ask yourself why would they want to respect someone who hits them? If you want to be respected, be someone who they would want to respect. It hurts toΒ hurt/disrespectΒ someone who has done everything for you, but hurting/disrespecting someone who did the same to youΒ feels like justice.

While I am not a parent, I know that if I becomeΒ one, I would try to use positive reinforcement.
Rewarding kids for doing good things is better than punishing themΒ for doing bad things.

When you reward them, they will have a desire to do good things.
When you punish them, they will have a desire to avoid doing bad things.
While these two may sound similar, the first case is more positive and will probably result in your kid growing to be a better person.

Here's an example of this in adult life:
Positive:Β Working harder at your job so that you can earn a higher income and eventually become a team leader
Negative:Β Working harder because you don't want to get fired and become broke

In the positive scenario, you are optimistic and goal-driven. In the negative scenario, you areΒ enslaved by fear.
Which one would you be happier in?Β Smile

Here's a funny video about this:

I kind of feel like newer parents like the guy in the videoΒ are more conscious about things like this, which isn't a bad thing. But some people take it too far. They do everything for their kids and make them feel special and entitled, which causes problems in the other direction. So there's a balance that needs to made.

Maybe something like this, where you try to keep things more positive in general without over-punishing bad behavior or over-hyping achievements. I dunno, where would you place the black bar in the scale below?
[Image: NRqZjTX.png]
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  β€’ Camer the Dragon, Lego-man945, Subside, Uptight 534, ~JBG~

Messages In This Thread
RE: DISCIPLINE! 😫😰πŸ”₯⚠️ - by Master Raiden - 24th March 2023, 8:48 PM