Poll: How DIFFICULT do you think it is to LOSE WEIGHT?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's not that difficult. You just have to eat a healthy diet, stay in shape, and beautiful women will chase you.
14.29%
1 14.29%
It's so difficult that it's not even funny!
0%
0 0%
It's kind of difficult, depending on how you go about the situation and how bad your eating habits really are.
14.29%
1 14.29%
Just hit the gym and you'll be fine!
0%
0 0%
EXTREMELY difficult!
0%
0 0%
Look, I have weight problems myself, so I already know this isn't no joke.
14.29%
1 14.29%
My feelings are neutral, but it may or may not be difficult depending on you.
57.14%
4 57.14%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

LOSING WEIGHT! 🤔
I've been overweight almost my entire life and I will admit that it's tough looking in the mirror at times. Part of why I am overweight stems from coping behaviors with things that have happened to me in the past, bad patterns of reverting back to previous habits, and how I just love food. Looking in the mirror at times really bothers me, knowing if I stuck to eating healthier, working out, and sticking to a calorie deficit it would greatly benefit how I view myself. Old habits are hard to kick, and I've got to get to a situation where a healthier lifestyle is the norm for me.

The foods I eat when I'm not sticking to something healthier are addicting. It's not like other addicting things where you have to really seek it out and find it to get dopamine off of it, but rather unhealthy foods are categorized as part of something that's fundamental to survival (food consumption). In the United States, or at least where I live, fast foods and other unhealthy foods are advertised frequently on many types of media and there are so many companies focused on unhealthy foods like McDonalds that are everywhere you look that it's difficult to not get reminded of cravings. It's also easier, more convenient, and sometimes cheaper to buy these foods rather than to buy food from the grocery store and to cook from home. Also consider that it's now easier than ever to acquire these foods through apps like DoorDash, Uber Eats, etc. where they allow you a choice of unhealthy options when you don't have food at the house so you don't have to leave the house. These apps do have healthier alternatives, yet there are several more unhealthy ones that can overshadow them. This is not excusing that I make decisions personally to indulge on unhealthy foods, but rather to showcase how difficult it can be to stick to healthier food choices.

With all that being said, there are people who are overweight (and maybe even obese) who are happy with who they are, their weight and their living style. It may be more appealing to be at a healthy weight, whether that's internally or from an outside perspective, but it doesn't mean you have to be at that weight to enjoy life. Your weight isn't an indicator of your value to the world.

I have met people who are incredibly fit that have been negative towards me and others in life, and I have met overweight people who I view to be excellent people. Physical weight may be a thing that is a worry when it comes to seeking relationships (do I find their body attractive?), but a person's character and personality are what truly matter. As you said, "8's and above" are very appealing I'm sure, but they could also have a nasty personality (why rate a person on a scale like that anyway?). I have romantically been involved with a person who I found to be very physically fit and attractive where they ended up being an avoidant attachment style and a bit of a narcissist. On the other spectrum I've been romantically involved with a person who is overweight yet I still find them attractive physically and their personality and the way we conversate is genuine, fantastic and empathetic.

It's easy to dismiss people who are overweight as dumb for not caring for their health, or to think that they are pigs. Those habits of indulgence, like you said however, can stem from multiple different reasons due to a person's background. It can genuinely be a monumental challenge for those who are overweight to overcome their habits and to stick to a healthier lifestyle indefinitely. However from personal experience, once the hurdle of choosing a better lifestyle finally settles in, it gets easier.
Dangevin
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dangevin For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ bls1999, Different, ExplosionZ, Stunt, Uptight 534

Messages In This Thread
LOSING WEIGHT! 🤔 - by Different - 11th April 2023, 5:04 AM
RE: LOSING WEIGHT! 🤔 - by Dangevin - 13th April 2023, 10:53 AM
RE: LOSING WEIGHT! 🤔 - by Lunanova - 13th April 2023, 7:59 PM
RE: LOSING WEIGHT! 🤔 - by bls1999 - 13th April 2023, 11:22 PM
RE: LOSING WEIGHT! 🤔 - by Uptight 534 - 13th April 2023, 4:39 PM
RE: LOSING WEIGHT! 🤔 - by ExplosionZ - 18th April 2023, 5:47 AM
RE: LOSING WEIGHT! 🤔 - by Different - 19th April 2023, 10:33 AM
RE: LOSING WEIGHT! 🤔 - by ExplosionZ - 20th April 2023, 3:17 AM