Some draws
Wanted to share some draws with you all! 

I have been trying to get into my original passion again which is art. But over the years... it started to dwindle more and more to the point that now... i'm back to basics once again :c 

Can't seem to draw anything at least decent like these draws (which are now 3 to 4 years old now) I used to draw pretty consistently before but now since it's been so long... i don't know how to get into it again. I am trying though! i want to reclaim my original passion once more.

All of these draws look okay... i can definitely see where i can improve now, and start from there.

I'll try to share my draws on this thread as often as i can!

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Adulock77 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
@Adulock77 Personally, I think #2 (second drawing from the top) is your best work. Thanks for sharing those with us. I'm always interested in seeing people's passions for art, and whether they can draw really well or not. The second drawing, I could see this going on the Deviant Art website, with some color added to it.

Anyways, if you were capable of drawing like this, you could draw anything tbh. I think what happens is, people develop a passion for something, so they'll do the best in their abilities to learn how to do that thing (if they don't have it naturally), and then eventually they end up doing a lot better than they thought they would.

So, basically you told me, 'hey, I'm not a savant, nor am I as good as the greats, but I'm good enough to at least draw things like this that'll grab people's attention.' Get back in the game and keep up the good work, bro. I have some vector image ideas for PR2, but I've put all of them on the back end because I can't even draw lol 😂
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, Camer the Dragon
(27th May 2023, 8:33 PM)Adulock77 Wrote: i don't know how to get into it again. I am trying though! i want to reclaim my original passion once more.

I'd say the best way is to do drawings pretty often and whenever you feel like it even a bit

Feel like drawing something? Just do even a quick doodle or something more if you want
Seen something cool and want to do your own take on it? Make a drawing of the scenario

Doing such things will make good practice and improve skills over time, even if you don't have any super specific ideas in mind a few random little drawings/patterns on a page can help too
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, Different
(27th May 2023, 8:43 PM)Different Wrote: @Adulock77 Personally, I think #2 (second drawing from the top) is your best work. Thanks for sharing those with us. I'm always interested in seeing people's passions for art, and whether they can draw really well or not. The second drawing, I could see this going on the Deviant Art website, with some color added to it.

Anyways, if you were capable of drawing like this, you could draw anything tbh. I think what happens is, people develop a passion for something, so they'll do the best in their abilities to learn how to do that thing (if they don't have it naturally), and then eventually they end up doing a lot better than they thought they would.

So, basically you told me, 'hey, I'm not a savant, nor am I as good as the greats, but I'm good enough to at least draw things like this that'll grab people's attention.' Get back in the game and keep up the good work, bro. I have some vector image ideas for PR2, but I've put all of them on the back end because I can't even draw lol 😂

Hey, thank you. I love drawing and i remember discovering... something around 2020 that made me go ''Alright! i have an idea of how to do this now!'' But then began with my first job xD So i just stopped. And by now, i have forgotten what was 'that' that i was figuring out.

And i already had stopped for a while before 2020 because i was trying my hardest in getting hands right that i just... rage quitted. Which definitely made matters worse. That's the thing about drawing. If you stop, not only your progress stops too... but somehow, your skills decrease as well (at least in my case i feel that)

But now that is in the past. I watched a video on perspective drawing a few weeks ago and it made me go ''I can draw that... i can totally try and draw that'' which i never said before. i always went ''that's too hard i'm not gonna do that'' xD

So with this refreshed mindset, i want to come back again and draw. I have that rush again so hopefully it'll last this time :/

My dang brain can't make up his... mind.

Vector image ideas? you should try to draw them anyway! even if they don't come out well, they will give you an idea of how you want them to look like.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adulock77 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Different
(27th May 2023, 9:01 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I'd say the best way is to do drawings pretty often and whenever you feel like it even a bit

Feel like drawing something? Just do even a quick doodle or something more if you want
Seen something cool and want to do your own take on it? Make a drawing of the scenario

Doing such things will make good practice and improve skills over time, even if you don't have any super specific ideas in mind a few random little drawings/patterns on a page can help too

Hmmm... I'll keep that in mind Camer :] I like that idea.

I've tried doodling for a week straight all the way back in 2018 and it really did help me... i don't know why i haven't done that since xD Inconsistency, that's why :v and.... laziness.

But NAH i'll be drawing again for real now. like bro, i just have to try >:C That's it. dangitAAAAAAAAGH you see i'm getting mad now let's go.
(27th May 2023, 9:52 PM)Adulock77 Wrote: Hey, thank you. I love drawing and i remember discovering... something around 2020 that made me go ''Alright! i have an idea of how to do this now!'' But then began with my first job xD So i just stopped. And by now, i have forgotten what was 'that' that i was figuring out.

And i already had stopped for a while before 2020 because i was trying my hardest in getting hands right that i just... rage quitted. Which definitely made matters worse. That's the thing about drawing. If you stop, not only your progress stops too... but somehow, your skills decrease as well (at least in my case i feel that)

But now that is in the past. I watched a video on perspective drawing a few weeks ago and it made me go ''I can draw that... i can totally try and draw that'' which i never said before. i always went ''that's too hard i'm not gonna do that'' xD

So with this refreshed mindset, i want to come back again and draw. I have that rush again so hopefully it'll last this time :/

My dang brain can't make up his... mind.

Vector image ideas? you should try to draw them anyway! even if they don't come out well, they will give you an idea of how you want them to look like.

My philosophy is to always take advantage of opportunities. So, once you realize you have something, never hesitate to run with it, even if your weaknesses seem like they're dominating you. Something as minor as hands won't determine that you're not quote on quote, good enough. Just picture anime characters balling up their fists, ready for combat. Practice visualizing hands and fingers spreading out making a hi-five.

On the other hand, you're right. You can never stop learning the skill that you've previously acquired. If it's been months since you've gotten into the game, you might be able to recover in no time. But, years will start to sting you, bro.

Yeah, I've thought about trying to draw them in illustrator or photoshop. I do have some sort of idea, but it's a bit more complexed than I thought.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77
I was digging through my old sketchbooks i used for anatomy practice today and, i stumbled upon this! i actually forgot i did this.

I also found this one. Can't remember when i made it. I'm totally gonna use some of these for reference 'cause these look pretty legit actually. I just have to 'iron' them up a little more and they could look much better!

I know i had one for legs too but i have no idea where it is (maybe i threw it away on one of my rage quits xD i hope not oops)
Here's a sketch i did recently.

I'm going to use this character i made as a ''base'' for many other drawings for perspective practices (which... i am starting this week) Wish me luck! 

'CAUSE IM GONNA NEED IT! I SUCK AT PERSPECTIVE DRAWING 👍
  • ~JBG~
(5th June 2023, 5:02 PM)Adulock77 Wrote: Here's a sketch i did recently.

I'm going to use this character i made as a ''base'' for many other drawings for perspective practices (which... i am starting this week) Wish me luck! 

'CAUSE IM GONNA NEED IT! I SUCK AT PERSPECTIVE DRAWING 👍

Good luck! 

One of the best things I can recommend regarding drawing people is to show up to life drawing sessions. Sketching real humans that are in front of you gives you the best idea of shape and form. A lot f the time you can find free life drawing sessions where all ranges of artists show up to practice
[Image: 7yFzNKY.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77
(5th June 2023, 5:23 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: Good luck! 

One of the best things I can recommend regarding drawing people is to show up to life drawing sessions. Sketching real humans that are in front of you gives you the best idea of shape and form. A lot f the time you can find free life drawing sessions where all ranges of artists show up to practice

Thank you for the advice!

I have to try doing that at some point. Drawing from real life to practice is something i've heard since forever but never really tried myself. I'll keep that in mind. I am learning all of this by myself as a fellow autodidact broke artist so the sky is the limit 😁
  • ~JBG~
I re-did an old draw from when I was 10 years old or something. It's not much of an improvement but here's what I got out of it.

NEW                                                                                                          OLD

So...

1- I definitely notice now why my arms ain't coming out well... i make them too chubby. 
2- Never drew wings before... definitely drawing more 'cause it was fun trying! (also... totally miss calculated the space so I had to cut off the left wing xD oops)
3- Still working on getting my hands right. Like the ones I made on that other draw I shared.

What I like about the draw the most is how I did the hair.

Back then it was "easyfor me to draw hair most of the time but out of nowhere... it's coming out like this now... like i kind of just... did it. O.o it came out very natural looking and I'm actually very happy for that because that has NEVER been the case with anything I draw xD it's always too small or stiff-looking. Never ever been consisting.

PLEASE BRAIN KEEP IT UP!