Poll: At this point, do you have an intuitive understanding of what this hat is, or do you need more clarification?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I’m beginning to understand where you’re going with this, now.
0%
0 0%
You have some very strong ideas, but I’m a simple man that’s moved by authentic proof.
0%
0 0%
You hit a home run with this one! I don’t need that much proof. I’m still looking forward to the finals, though.
0%
0 0%
Hit me up with the finals, and I’ll fully support this idea.
0%
0 0%
My feelings are still natural at this point. Although your ideas are very different from everything else I’ve seen… hit me up with the finals and you’ll definitely get my attention.
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

IT'S COMING! 🔥

No BS, it's really coming. Take your time to read this if you truly want to understand what I have planned for the future of Pr2. I believe that every artist must plan out what he or she wants their design to have, before everything is complete. So, in this video, when you wear the hat, you start off having "terminator vision". Maybe a little too far-fetched for Pr2, but it's a strong start that I'm willing to make it happen. The hat will definitely have a mind of its own, which means the terminator eye will be best suitable.

This is simply a placeholder that you're viewing in the video. The weapon that the character is holding, is called 'The Artisan AFTERMATH’s Red Trident of Doom'. It is a supernatural weapon that is part of the hat, as you can see in the video.

Remember when I told you in the previous thread that I would reveal the superpowers? Well, here's a script of what I've been planning for months, all this long:

What does the trident weapon do, exactly?

This is not a joke. In every game, you'll find something that is OP or GODLY. Before you complain about how "too powerful" it is, just wait until the 3rd and final release, once it's all done. I'll show case the animations, sound effects, and the final transformation.

If you're still a little perplexed as to how this stuff will behave in the game, then please don't hesitate to ask me. Or, you can wait until the final video. I told y'all I'm not playin' around, man. I know this is overwhelming, but if you follow my lead and let me do what I have planned, then you'll be thanking me later.

Common question: How do I obtain this hat?

Answer: There will be a new game mode that you can play. It's called 'Arsonist' where you set your opponents on fire with flamethrowers, escape the burning building, avoid firebricks, etc. I'll explain it later.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ Matt
Honestly sounds like there's too much going on in this one hat, you might have better luck dividing it into a couple of hats/items instead.
You also have to keep in mind if a hat is too powerful that it basically cheats the game people won't want to race against it like with the cowboy hat.
[Image: 7yFzNKY.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ Camer the Dragon, Different, Master Raiden
(17th June 2023, 11:19 AM)~JBG~ Wrote: Honestly sounds like there's too much going on in this one hat, you might have better luck dividing it into a couple of hats/items instead.
You also have to keep in mind if a hat is too powerful that it basically cheats the game people won't want to race against it like with the cowboy hat.

I see what you mean. Which is why I'm going to suggest a 'superpower wheel' for this specific hat, where you're only allowed at least 3-5 superpowers per race. The X command is still by default. As for items, I have plans to make grenades and flammable weapons, instead.

If game mechanics are a big concern, then I'm more than happy to dive deeper into that subject. However, I would still need to keep the superpowers for the abbreviated letters because if not, then the hat would no longer be special.
Here's what I initially think of the ideas individually:
Here's what I initially think of the ideas overall:
Honestly overall this hat idea is a lot less OP than I would've first imagined, but there are still a lot of OP aspects to it.
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ Different
(17th June 2023, 3:31 AM)Different Wrote: In every game, you'll find something that is OP or GODLY.
Pr2 already has that it's called the Cowboy Hat
á
  â€¢ Master Raiden
I like that the poll only features five variations of being in favor of the idea
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to tadtad For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ Different
(17th June 2023, 12:07 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Here's what I initially think of the ideas individually:
Here's what I initially think of the ideas overall:
Honestly overall this hat idea is a lot less OP than I would've first imagined, but there are still a lot of OP aspects to it.

Reply #1

Reply #2: Well, it's really the trident that makes the hat more OP than anything else because once you equip that, you'll be more powerful than you think.

(17th June 2023, 12:07 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Pr2 already has that it's called the Cowboy Hat

Cowboy is limited to what it can do. Aftermath is way more powerful and OP than Cowboy hat. Anyone can take the cowboy hat off. But, Aftermath will give you some serious problems.

I'm guessing you're ok with the 'Executioner' superpower? 🤔
(17th June 2023, 12:25 PM)tadtad Wrote: I like that the poll only features five variations of being in favor of the idea

It sounds biased, I know. But, I'm strongly positive that this is the one hat that a lot of people will enjoy. I try to keep a lid on anything that goes against it; I think anybody would, if it were their ideas.
Cowboy already ruins the hat balance why do you need something more powerful than that
i failed the mario twitter challenge
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ Different
(17th June 2023, 6:35 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: Cowboy already ruins the hat balance why do you need something more powerful than that

I couldn't agree with you more. It's a useless hat in war levels, and once you take it off, you're screwed. Now to answer your question, I just want something that's far more different than all the other hats. Something that this game, nor anyone else in this community, has ever thought of before.

I realized that people respond to things that are different, authentic, and useful. The substantial outcome reward will pay off in the long run, trust me.
(17th June 2023, 1:06 PM)Different Wrote: I'm guessing you're ok with the 'Executioner' superpower? 🤔

Ah somehow I'd forgotten to put this one
I feel it depends what they can do and how often you can do it
If it's a one time stun then it could be fine but if it's more than that then I feel it'd be too OP

Will look at your replies to the other stuff and reply to that after this
á
(17th June 2023, 1:06 PM)Different Wrote: Reply #1

Reply #2: Well, it's really the trident that makes the hat more OP than anything else because once you equip that, you'll be more powerful than you think.

Re-Reply #1

Re-Reply #2
Which is exactly why I feel it's a bit much, I get where you come from with new hats should be exciting and awesome to use, but they should also not be awful to play against in a general situation.
á
  â€¢ Different
(17th June 2023, 12:25 PM)tadtad Wrote: I like that the poll only features five variations of being in favor of the idea

This reminds me of the YT poll on how you're liking using YT lmao
Where it's like 4 positive options and 1 neutral/negative option
á
These superpowers are probably better suited for items. No hat (except the Jellyfish hat) gives you any attacking ability.

If I had this hat, here's what I would do:
As soon as the race starts, I would use Assault to blast away all my opponents and take their hats
Then I would unleash F5 Fury on them as I use the Rocket to sprint away from them.
If any of them manage to catch up to me, I can use Executioner or Hell unleashed to slow them down.

So yeah, I think this is way too overpowered. The only way for anyone to have a chance in a race with this hat is if they had the Crown Hat to withstand your attacks or the Jump Start Hat to get away from you at the start.

And if someone tries to use the Cowboy Hat, I would just take that as well and I would be completely unstoppable with Cowboy + Aftermath Hat.

These powers would be fun to use in DM though. And the Earthquake would be a nice idea for a new item.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ Different
(17th June 2023, 10:57 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Re-Reply #1

Re-Reply #2
Which is exactly why I feel it's a bit much, I get where you come from with new hats should be exciting and awesome to use, but they should also not be awful to play against in a general situation.

I'm going to sum of everything and address some points that are the most significant here.

1. There seems to be a big concern with how many times you're allowed to utilize the hats superpowers. So, what I'm willing to do is rethink some of these, as in placing a limit on some of these superpowers (with the exception that you would still need rechargeable batteries on superpowers like ZEUS).

2. The Trident weapon is a very special addition to the hat. It's what assists the hat in dominating its opponents. I will say that if you bring the Trident weapon to a race, then I'm wiling to only allow that one superpower. Trident is an exclusive addition to the hat, that you must fold for. I'll be one of the beta testers testing it out.

3. Being naturally invincible to everything (except for fire) can have its pros and cons. The cons are, if they're no fire weapons, then the hat operates like the crown hat, only enhanced. If fire is involved, then you can burn your opponents (or even trigger fireballs at them) draining their health bar to zero. Once it's drained, the hat falls off like the others. Only fire can drain it. Tumultuous force field will be a 7-10 sec, one time use, so use it sporadically.

4. Remember when everyone used to think that Crown Hat wasn't fun to play with? Well, that's what this hat is, only ten times more highly favorable to those who have it on.

5. Final thoughts: I really appreciate you challenging me on these superpowers because it helps me understand the games' mechanics and behavior. A lot of these will definitely be taken into consideration, including the ZEUS laser. But, at the end of the day, I intentionally made this hat OP because I wanted to teach everyone that everything isn't always fair, so hopefully it'll force them to step up and get an Aftermath Hat, just like everyone else. Think of it as a challenge.
(17th June 2023, 11:20 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: These superpowers are probably better suited for items. No hat (except the Jellyfish hat) gives you any attacking ability.

If I had this hat, here's what I would do:
As soon as the race starts, I would use Assault to blast away all my opponents and take their hats
Then I would unleash F5 Fury on them as I use the Rocket to sprint away from them.
If any of them manage to catch up to me, I can use Executioner or Hell unleashed to slow them down.

So yeah, I think this is way too overpowered. The only way for anyone to have a chance in a race with this hat is if they had the Crown Hat to withstand your attacks or the Jump Start Hat to get away from you at the start.

And if someone tries to use the Cowboy Hat, I would just take that as well and I would be completely unstoppable with Cowboy + Aftermath Hat.

These powers would be fun to use in DM though. And the Earthquake would be a nice idea for a new item.

I like the way you think! However, it was never my intention to make any of these superpowers into item blocks because then the hat wouldn't be special anymore, let alone the abbreviated letters would be essentially useless. My plan is to direct traffic to the Aftermath hat, only. So, I'm intentionally making it OP.

I'm just not wiling to negotiate on switching up the superpowers on the hat because of the above reason. I can certainly make adjustments on limitations and when you can use it, though.
I've noticed that a lot of people's problems with the hat are that it would outclass anything else used in the race.

One way to fix this would be to have it similar to the super flying cowboy mode in the level editor.
This would stop it from ruining old maps, level the playing field, and still let everyone try out the fun bits. I could definitely see people enabling such an option in deathmatches. The downside would be that for balancing purposed you wouldn't be able to use the hat outside of those maps.
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ Different
(18th June 2023, 10:14 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: I've noticed that a lot of people's problems with the hat are that it would outclass anything else used in the race.

One way to fix this would be to have it similar to the super flying cowboy mode in the level editor.
This would stop it from ruining old maps, level the playing field, and still let everyone try out the fun bits. I could definitely see people enabling such an option in deathmatches. The downside would be that for balancing purposed you wouldn't be able to use the hat outside of those maps.

It's interesting how everyone's mentioned the issue of the hat "outclassing" the others because that's exactly what I want it to do. I'm really only lenient towards the number of times you can use the hats' superpowers, taking 3-5 superpowers with you in a race, etc. The best defense is to probably make new levels that don't allow the Aftermath hat in the race.

I refuse to let the hat be balanced with the others because I want it to be in a class of its own. Yes, it's not fair, but those are my intentions. I'm hoping it'll incentivize people to boss up, so they can hang with them. I've always wanted an OP hat that dominates others. But, I understand where you're coming from, and I appreciate your concerns.
The main issue I see with this hat in terms of how it'd get use is that if it's that powerful then people are just gonna ban it from most of the levels anyway making it mostly useless or at the least very situational
á
  â€¢ ~JBG~
(18th June 2023, 11:29 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: The main issue I see with this hat in terms of how it'd get use is that if it's that powerful then people are just gonna ban it from most of the levels anyway making it mostly useless or at the least very situational

Well, I've thought about giving people a flamethrower to slow someone (with the Aftermath hat) down. So, basically if that said person has already used, or hasn't had the chance of using the T in Aftermath (standing for 'Tumultuous Force Field'), then that flamethrower will slow them down, draining their health by at least 15%. It's not an infinite flamethrower, as it may need to be recharged.

So again, the flamethrower (which you can earn in my new game mode idea) is the best defense against someone with that hat. As soon as you see them with it, fire away as fast as you can before they have a chance to use the force field.