Why is PR2's main menu theme so good?
Seriously, I can't remember much of PR2's other music in detail but the main theme has been living rent free in my head for years. I demand an orchestral rearrangement.
On another note, it's really wild seeing the old forum theme again. Not sure how many people will remember me since I was but a dumb child while I was originally active here and never kept up with anyone outside of the forums. Hard to believe it's only been 14 or so years since I originally registered. It really feels like a different life at this point. Thanks for all of y'alls work.
[Image: ZM7pOa7.png]
Art by PooZy 🥒
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timberwolf For This Useful Post:
  â€˘ Adulock77, Mulley
Noodle Town pro song
I shall note though the original forum died in 2015, this is a different one made by a community member who is now the new main person in charge of Pr2 given that by Jiggmin. It's cool that you can use the old forum theme tho ye, altho personally I use the dark ver of it which is inverted colours
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  â€˘ Adulock77
The PR4 version of Noodle Town is incredible. Have you listened to it?

It's a shame PR4 hasn't ever released.
Dangevin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dangevin For This Useful Post:
  â€˘ Adulock77, Mulley
(19th June 2023, 11:43 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: Seriously, I can't remember much of PR2's other music in detail but the main theme has been living rent free in my head for years. I demand an orchestral rearrangement.
On another note, it's really wild seeing the old forum theme again. Not sure how many people will remember me since I was but a dumb child while I was originally active here and never kept up with anyone outside of the forums. Hard to believe it's only been 14 or so years since I originally registered. It really feels like a different life at this point. Thanks for all of y'alls work.

Jiggmin was very smart in making that track to be the main theme because, these games are all flash games, quick games that you played for a little bit and then head out.

Him making a menu theme so catchy and so memorable, is one of the things that help you remember the game and come back to play more (aside from the easy to remember title of the game) It's perfect! 

It weirdly fits the game despite it being an orchestral track on a racing game. You will think a better fit for it would of have been a fast-paced, hands-up electronic track to match the idea of it being a racing game on platforms for the main menu. But yet it just works!
And then you have a hand full of actual, fast-paced music chosen for the levels itself so it makes sense... now you're gonna be racing so the music now matches.

In the case of PR2, it sounds more like ''now... you're going to go battle'' or something, which is very interesting since the game was still all about racing. The man is just super talented 👍
(20th June 2023, 12:56 AM)Dangevin Wrote: The PR4 version of Noodle Town is incredible. Have you listened to it?

DUDE YES! That version sounds straight out of an old, medieval town! it's way too good i still love it. Heartbreaking it never happened (and the new art too man... looked insane)
(20th June 2023, 6:21 PM)Adulock77 Wrote: It weirdly fits the game despite it being an orchestral track on a racing game

Which is why I used very similar bass and cello lines when I worked on the potential PR2 song, aside from being a nice reference to the main theme, it sets a very nice motion in a buildup Tongue
If you're reading this, it means I have not made a cool signature yet and you should be proud of yourself.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to TRUC For This Useful Post:
  â€˘ Adulock77
(20th June 2023, 12:56 AM)Dangevin Wrote: The PR4 version of Noodle Town is incredible. Have you listened to it?

Insane pre-game lobby music bruh. Insane
Pineapple, Coconut, BIG Banana, 2 BIG meat patties & a ooshy mama! 

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mulley For This Useful Post:
  â€˘ Adulock77
I love PR2's music in general.
my favroite ost was

Instrumental #4
Yemlo and Co.