Hat Attack Variations
An option when making a hat attack level to have the requirement for winning be either:
- 15s uninterrupted having all hats, as it is currently
- 15s total having all hats, timer won't reset when you lose a hat

I feel the second new option would make compact arenas more viability for hat attack. 15s timer should be able to be changed too

---

Another thing that would be cool is a variation of hat attack where 1 hat spawns in the level and you just need to keep the 1 hat to make the timer go down, you'd choose where the hat spawns in the level editor via a block you can place that'd act like the player start blocks.
á
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, Master Raiden, Minimania, Mulley
(20th June 2023, 9:23 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Another thing that would be cool is a variation of hat attack where 1 hat spawns in the level and you just need to keep the 1 hat to make the timer go down

This is a pretty neat idea!

You can make some cool one-player levels where the objective is to get the hat.
E.g. A treasure hunt level where you need to find the hat hidden somewhere
A puzzle level where you need to find creative ways to get to the hat
A glitch level where you need to perform glitches to get to the hat
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Alex.L, Camer the Dragon, Mulley
Yeah! Hitting a block maybe a making a hat spawn/fall would be dope! Reminds me of the Jiggmin Hat level sort of. But you have to do certain things as how Master Raiden says, to achieve to get that hat. Awesome thinking dude.
Pineapple, Coconut, BIG Banana, 2 BIG meat patties & a ooshy mama! 

I think these are good ideas for separate game modes, at least the second one. Perhaps "Hat Hog" for the first and and "Hat Capture" for the second.

This is all definitely possible, but the trick is finding an intuitive way to build it into the UI and the existing codebase (both client and server). I suppose I could do some fancy things with showing/hiding options. Either way, it needs more research.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77