Legendary Parts
Legendary Parts would be a cosmetic Parts upgrade like Epic Parts, buts flashier! They would be highly coveted, prestigious upgrades obtained only through special means (i.e official contests & the like, NOT purchasable and NOT rewarded in random maps)

SEE GIFs:

[Image: u5FUXM7.gif][Image: Dil8afd.gif]
[Image: qV94bEM.gif]
[Image: n0syd3F.gif]

While trying to mess around in Photoshop to achieve this effect, I realized... these animated effects are already in PR2 -- You can see them in the Parts Menu! -- and that means all the hard animating work is all done, and all that's left is to code them as playable parts and update the Parts Menu.

Legendary Parts would fill that special niche that Epic Parts were meant to-- as special vanity items for players to earn through hard work & effort, with a unique cosmetic flare to show off to everyone else.  

*PR2 desperately needs new, desirable rewards to incentivize players to start creating new content & playing again, and I see this as one of the best possible effort:reward ratio options.

credit to Aspect for the idea originally
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Magniloquent For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Adulock77, Camer the Dragon, Different, Eternal, ExplosionZ, Master Raiden, MoonFiredk, Prince Ande
I want the rainbow set from PR1 Sneamia.

[Image: bx3S3Yf.gif]
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, Alex.L, Camer the Dragon, GHSimon3, Magniloquent, Master Raiden
[Image: VlKKqNQ.gif]

we can live in a world where the hacked pr1 is a thing
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden
Good idea Mag, hopefully this gets introduced into the game as soon as possible!
Legendary Parts sound like a cool addition and I wouldn't mind seeing them added to the game.
But in terms of promoting activity in PR2, I don't think it's going to make much of a difference.

Contest-exclusive sets are a much more significant reward in my opinion, but there's still not very much activity in contests. Most people only seem to engage in contests for a short period until they can no longer be bothered doing them anymore, and I think it will be the same for this. Many don't even bother getting certain Epic Upgrades that can be earned with a few minutes of playing, so locking Legendary Parts behind challenges that require "hard work & effort" will likely mean most people won't be very interested in getting them.

The only benefit I can see is that it allows rewards to be given much more often since there are so many parts, which might extend participation in contests a little longer.

But like every new thing, it will become old and we will be back here again coming up with another idea to promote activity.

Sorry if this sounds depressing. It's still a cool idea, I just don't think it will have the intended effect on player activity.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Magniloquent
Interesting ideas. But, let's take a time out for a minute... @bls1999 already has enough on his plate IRL. If you really want to see these ideas added ASAP, then someone else (who has spare time) would need to step up and learn how to implement these things into Pr2. I can't do it because I know nothing about coding.

This is also why it's taking me a while to draw my new hat idea because I'm not used to drawing, electronically. My biggest concern is screwing something up and then people telling me that I suck at drawing.

My point is, either learn how to do this yourself, or find someone else (other than ben) who knows how to do it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • ExplosionZ, Magniloquent
(25th August 2023, 7:23 AM)Different Wrote: Interesting ideas. But, let's take a time out for a minute... @bls1999 already has enough on his plate IRL. If you really want to see these ideas added ASAP, then someone else (who has spare time) would need to step up and learn how to implement these things into Pr2. I can't do it because I know nothing about coding.

This is also why it's taking me a while to draw my new hat idea because I'm not used to drawing, electronically. My biggest concern is screwing something up and then people telling me that I suck at drawing.

My point is, either learn how to do this yourself, or find someone else (other than ben) who knows how to do it.
There already are people in Legend Trappers server who can implement it, we just don't have permission to do changes from Bls, that's why we're trying to work things out with him
Owner of Prince Ande, Murderer, Viking & Thousand Hands [Trapwork Accounts]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prince Ande For This Useful Post:
  • Different, Magniloquent, Master Raiden
(25th August 2023, 7:23 AM)Different Wrote: Interesting ideas. But, let's take a time out for a minute... @bls1999 already has enough on his plate IRL. If you really want to see these ideas added ASAP, then someone else (who has spare time) would need to step up and learn how to implement these things into Pr2. I can't do it because I know nothing about coding.

Well yeah, I agree completely... and that's always been the limiting factor preventing all these good ideas from ever being realized -- the community can't implement any of our ideas ourselves as bls is the only person with access to the game's code. And we all know bls is doing as much as one person can do, and I see and appreciate his effort, but there's only so much one single person can do. 

If @bls1999 were to consider opening up the source code to community members, then we as a community could collaborate on updates. Think about what all of our passionate players could create if we pooled our abilities together!-- our programmers, our artists, our designers, and everyone else working together!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Magniloquent For This Useful Post:
  • Different, ExplosionZ, Master Raiden, MoonFiredk, Panther
(25th August 2023, 9:12 AM)Magniloquent Wrote: Well yeah, I agree completely... and that's always been the limiting factor preventing all these good ideas from ever being realized -- the community can't implement any of our ideas ourselves as bls is the only person with access to the game's code. And we all know bls is doing as much as one person can do, and I see and appreciate his effort, but there's only so much one single person can do. 

If @bls1999 were to consider opening up the source code to community members, then we as a community could collaborate on updates. Think about what all of our passionate players could create if we pooled our abilities together!-- our programmers, our artists, our designers, and everyone else working together!
Personally I think it could benefit the whole game, if the community was able to help with those things - Not everyone should have access of course, and I still think there should be some rules for all the basic things, just as how the ingame parts should be made lookwise, so it doesn't stand out to what pr2 actually is.

At first it might take a lot of effort for bls, to setup everything so people can get to help making the game, but I think we should look it as extra assistance - We all want pr2 to be the best game ever, and with a community strong as this, I think it could be very good.

Just important that its only trusted and very loyal members, who has experience, and gets its job done, who should get access.

I don't know whats going on in bls's life, I haven't been here for quite some time, but I really hope he feels better soon <3 .
Folding @ Home
[Image: sigimage.php?un=MoonFiredk&t=143016]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to MoonFiredk For This Useful Post:
  • Magniloquent
(25th August 2023, 9:12 AM)Magniloquent Wrote: Think about what all of our passionate players could create if we pooled our abilities together!-- our programmers, our artists, our designers, and everyone else working together!

I couldn't agree with you more. This is what I was saying during the beginning. You see, my strongest suit is creativity, but then I need someone to draw it for me (like @~JBG~ ), design it, etc. But, just this one time, I'll have to do the 16th hat myself, since I really want credit for this one thing, plus animations. As a team, we're all united as one.

I can't think of one man who can do it all, and if he can... I'd like to see him match my level of creativity.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • MoonFiredk
(24th August 2023, 7:31 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: Sure, just make sure to include a seizure warning before every race.
I don't think the speed at which they change colour would require such a thing
á
(26th August 2023, 3:26 AM)AlphaZ Wrote: It was a joke. Maybe one made in poor taste, but that's besides the point.

There is a reason PR2 has not been open sourced, and if Jiggmin had any intention for it to be it would have been since the beginning. The game is fine the way it is, and arguably better with the updates Bls has been putting into it. The game does not need a trillion new community implemented features so that it becomes unrecognizable to players who have long since quit. I'd like to preserve peoples' memories and nostalgia of PR2 rather than to satisfy the obsessive requests of the remaining 10 active players.

If you are unhappy with the current state of a 15 year and 6 month old game(due to lack of updates) then maybe you should find something else to do with your time.
I don't think anyone wants the game to change from what the game has always been. Personally I wouldn't like the game to have tons of new buttons, features, and new blocks ( just like pr3, which I don't like). I barely have got used to the newest blocks.

I don't think the game should be an open source game, where people can do whatever they want, but I think it would be nice to have multiple developers (hand-choosen by bls), who all made updates just like now. Again, the game shouldn't change as it is now, but adding more parts, features like a guild shop, or as my most wanted wish - AI's/bots who could make the game feel more alive. Keep in mind, this is AI/bots who shouldn't be abused like an earlier AI'/bot I have heard of, but could be a good use to fill up for races, or jump into campaign maps and other places, and sit and wait there, or switch maps a bit, and then when people click ready, it would click ready aswell, and then it would be racing in the matches.

I think that would be awesome. Could make them join after like 15 seconds, so it doesn't take a spot from a real player, idk just and idea.
Folding @ Home
[Image: sigimage.php?un=MoonFiredk&t=143016]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoonFiredk For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Different
(26th August 2023, 2:22 PM)MoonFiredk Wrote: Or as my most wanted wish - AI's/bots who could make the game feel more alive. Keep in mind, this is AI/bots who shouldn't be abused like an earlier AI'/bot I have heard of, but could be a good use to fill up for races, or jump into campaign maps and other places, and sit and wait there, or switch maps a bit, and then when people click ready, it would click ready aswell, and then it would be racing in the matches.

I think that would be awesome. Could make them join after like 15 seconds, so it doesn't take a spot from a real player, idk just and idea.

I've suggested AI should have been added in the game, last year. I too, would love to see this feature added into Pr2. I get it, a lot of people want to see nostalgia rest on Pr2. I actually have a hell of a lot more ideas than what I've suggest in the past as far as 'The Aftermath Hat', new Pr2 backgrounds for the main menu (which should be fairly easy to implement), and more.

But, other than the hat, if it's too overwhelming then forget it.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • MoonFiredk