Can programming really make money?
I know this is very ridiculous question as I already know many engineers do; but I have never archived yet at all. The influence of COVID-19 increased remote-working in Japan; programming (especially web development and web design) is one of jobs that can be done apart using just a computer and a connection to internet.

How can I be able to get such a job? I am on a company with just two employees working on automobile parts, which is my father's small factory. I irregularly get a task so I work almost less than 40 hours a month with salary of 160,000 yens (with tax) a month. I have been forced by my mother not to change my career because she has serious mental disease.

Why do many work projects require the experience of working of (for example) any projects with TypeScript for at least two years? Couldn't my knowledge and skill be my eligibility?
Gotta have a project to showcase that skill and knowledge. They cant just take your word for it
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • .....|::|::::|...
(29th August 2023, 10:04 AM)JEEJAYEM Wrote: Gotta have a project to showcase that skill and knowledge. They cant just take your word for it

Could it be achieved on GitHub, for example? What should I do until I change my career? Is it easy to get a job on the internet, such as via Twitter?

My status: employed at my father's small factory manufacturing parts for automobiles or vehicles.
(30th August 2023, 8:31 PM).....|::|::::|... Wrote: Could it be achieved on GitHub, for example? What should I do until I change my career? Is it easy to get a job on the internet, such as via Twitter?

My status: employed at my father's small factory manufacturing parts for automobiles or vehicles.
Yes you can put your projects on github to showcase them. Just keep grinding and prepping for interviews. Not sure how it is in other places, but in the US its kind of hard to get a job right now unless you know someone
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • .....|::|::::|...
(4th September 2023, 10:22 AM)JEEJAYEM Wrote: Yes you can put your projects on github to showcase them. Just keep grinding and prepping for interviews. Not sure how it is in other places, but in the US its kind of hard to get a job right now unless you know someone

I live in Japan.
And my mother strongly asks me to choose where I can work remotely although I have no experiences for programming as jobs; I heard it's impossible to hire an unexperienced engineer to give a teleworking job.