Poll: How would you feel if the doctor just told you that you could never walk again?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I’d still find happiness because I’m a strong-minded and positive person. Even though it’ll be difficult.
33.33%
1 33.33%
I’d feel awful and depressed because my life is over. 😟
33.33%
1 33.33%
I wouldn’t let a wheelchair stop me from finding relationships, making money, or doing activities that handicap people can do.
0%
0 0%
Are you kidding me??! I can’t let anyone see me like this! RIP because my life is over, my reputation is shattered, and women will push me aside! 🤬
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

HANDICAP ☠️
[Image: fzJheL7.jpg]

Damn, are you really complaining about something in your life?! Are you really that damn BITTER?! Well suck it up and deal with it because if you were one of those people who had to be in a wheelchair for the rest of their life, you'd be sorry! Just imagine if the doctor told you that you could never walk again no matter what. Just imagine if the reason you can never walk again is because you received a sports-related injury that shattered your cervical nerves or your tailbone. You're screwed, now! Being in a wheelchair now, suddenly makes the average person feel diffident when it comes to social interactions. All of a sudden you're more of an introvert than you were in the first place! This isn't the case for everyone, just some people.

All the fun activities that you used to do, you can no longer do them because you're in a damn wheelchair for the rest of your life. If you have horrible anxiety, struggle to find happiness, or you have low self-esteem... then stop and ask yourself 'why the hell am I feeling this way?' Because it can always be worse. Like I said, you DO NOT want to be confined to a wheelchair forever! So, what you need to do is STOP feeling sorry for yourself, go workout at the gym, and quit moaning about your problems because you can still walk!

[Image: 8pAaBhb.jpg]

If you're b*tching and complaining about how your life sucks, but you can still walk... then I want you to stop complaining because it could always be worse. Never being able to walk again can make you feel worthless in a lot of ways. Your life is pretty much over at this point because now you have to bust your ass off twice as hard to stay ahead in life. Always having to rely on people, struggling to look for relationships, struggling to maintain satisfaction in relationships, etc. People do find happiness in a wheelchair, but some people feel like giving up. Are you one of those people? You'd be surprised to know how many people b*tch and complain about problems that aren't even that damn serious, when there are those who can NEVER WALK AGAIN!

So, to whomever is reading this... if you're b*tching and complaining about something in your life (knowing you can get up and walk whenever you feel like it), then just remember that things can always get worse for you. You could get into a horrible car accident and be confined to a wheelchair the next day. So, learn to be more thankful that you can at least walk with both legs. Some people can never walk!

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden
(4th September 2023, 3:38 AM)Different Wrote: If you're b*tching and complaining about how your life sucks, but you can still walk... then I want you to stop complaining because it could always be worse.

That's really bad advice because it invalidates people's struggles and hardships. If you tell that to someone who's depressed or struggling to cope, it's going to make them feel worse.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, ~JBG~
(4th September 2023, 4:50 AM)Mia Wrote: That's really bad advice because it invalidates people's struggles and hardships. If you tell that to someone who's depressed or struggling to cope, it's going to make them feel worse.

No, you're wrong. Don't look at it as "invalidating people's struggles and hardships"... look at it as an incentive to find a solution for something that may not be that bad because it can always be worse. You can't let your struggles and depression control you. Getting over depression depends on you and whenever you decide not to allow it to control your life.

But, if you're confined to a wheelchair for eternity, then that's something that you can't overcome, no matter how much physical therapy you get. A person should not be constantly complaining if they're in good health and they can walk. So, because of that, people should learn to be more thankful.
(4th September 2023, 8:05 AM)Different Wrote: No, you're wrong. Don't look at it as "invalidating people's struggles and hardships"... look at it as an incentive to find a solution for something that may not be that bad because it can always be worse. You can't let your struggles and depression control you. Getting over depression depends on you and whenever you decide not to allow it to control your life.

But, if you're confined to a wheelchair for eternity, then that's something that you can't overcome, no matter how much physical therapy you get. A person should not be constantly complaining if they're in good health and they can walk. So, because of that, people should learn to be more thankful.
A person is not in good health if they struggle with mental health issues. Not sure why you are even comparing these things Everything can always be worse so nobody should feel bad ever?
[Image: 7yFzNKY.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
(4th September 2023, 9:01 AM)~JBG~ Wrote: A person is not in good health if they struggle with mental health issues. Not sure why you are even comparing these things Everything can always be worse so nobody should feel bad ever?

Because you can overcome mental health issues. Now, I'm not saying that you should never feel bad. I'm saying you should never live your life being depressed everyday. Some things, you can't overcome... I get that. But, then you have those people who's problems can be conquered over time, yet they choose to complain and be self-entitled to their own problems and they don't even fix it. Those are the ones who I'm taking shots at. Not those who have permanent problems that they can't help.
(4th September 2023, 9:22 AM)Different Wrote: Because you can overcome mental health issues. Now, I'm not saying that you should never feel bad. I'm saying you should never live your life being depressed everyday. Some things, you can't overcome... I get that. But, then you have those people who's problems can be conquered over time, yet they choose to complain and be self-entitled to their own problems and they don't even fix it. Those are the ones who I'm taking shots at. Not those who have permanent problems that they can't help.
You do realise that there are other mental disorders than depression?
(4th September 2023, 8:05 AM)Different Wrote: No, you're wrong. Don't look at it as "invalidating people's struggles and hardships"... look at it as an incentive to find a solution for something that may not be that bad because it can always be worse. You can't let your struggles and depression control you. Getting over depression depends on you and whenever you decide not to allow it to control your life.

That doesn't incentivize people though, you need to realize that. No matter how much you think it does. It's the same regurgitated crap I'd hear from friends and relatives after my favorite celebrity and brother died. It's not good advice, and people have a right to their feelings. Getting over depression isn't as easy as you're making it sound, and hearing "It could be worse" when you're already chronically depressed is a very dangerous thing to hear. It could be the thing that pushes them over the edge. Trust me, I know that state of mind. I've been there several times. You're not going to "snap out of it" from hearing "It could be worse".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden, ~JBG~
(4th September 2023, 10:18 AM)~JBG~ Wrote: You do realise that there are other mental disorders than depression?

That's not my point. My point is that some of these issues that someone has, can be gradually fixed or treated overtime, depending on what it is. You have to outweigh the good and the bad. Look at these issues and say, 'can I move forward and fix this, or am I screwed for life?'

(4th September 2023, 11:26 AM)Mia Wrote: That doesn't incentivize people though, you need to realize that. No matter how much you think it does. It's the same regurgitated crap I'd hear from friends and relatives after my favorite celebrity and brother died. It's not good advice, and people have a right to their feelings. Getting over depression isn't as easy as you're making it sound, and hearing "It could be worse" when you're already chronically depressed is a very dangerous thing to hear. It could be the thing that pushes them over the edge. Trust me, I know that state of mind. I've been there several times. You're not going to "snap out of it" from hearing "It could be worse".

What do you think incentivizes people, then? They can't just sit there and complain about it, being self-entitled when the world is going to move on and not feel sorry for them. Something powerful needs to replace that chronic depression. I never said that it would be easy at all. It's not good advice to you because you don't understand that being chronically depressed for a long time is a mental choice that you make. You can't allow someone's negative words to steer you into more depression. Yeah, they have a right to their feelings, but what they shouldn't do is allow their feelings to control their life.

If the words, "it could be worse", somehow pushes you over the edge, then you've got bigger issues than you thought. I only said those words because bad things have happened to people for constantly complaining about situations that aren't even that serious.

(4th September 2023, 12:03 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: You shouldn't minimize someone's problems because somebody else potentially has it worse. Seems like a self-entitled argument to be making, and I have never understood why people argue it.

Why not? Also, people make that argument because there are those who complain about minor problems that aren't even that serious, and they're not thankful that their situation isn't permanent or life-threatening. Those are the ones who make self-entitled arguments.
(4th September 2023, 12:42 PM)Different Wrote: It's not good advice to you because you don't understand that being chronically depressed for a long time is a mental choice that you make.

You obviously don't understand how depression works if that's what you think. "Advice" like that is going to cause more harm than good. You're making it sound like it's just a minor obstacle. Anyway, I'm done. I might as well be talking to a brick wall.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • ~JBG~
(4th September 2023, 1:04 PM)Mia Wrote: You obviously don't understand how depression works if that's what you think. "Advice" like that is going to cause more harm than good. You're making it sound like it's just a minor obstacle. Anyway, I'm done. I might as well be talking to a brick wall.

Whatever, man. I'm done having this pointless conversation with you, too. If that's your argument, then I don't see anything else to gain from this conversation with you.

(4th September 2023, 1:05 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: Breaching another persons boundaries out of self-entitlement is a genuine lack of human decency and respect. It is not your place to judge the severity of someone else's problems. What is to you a small problem may not be for someone else. You do not have to agree with me, and I do not care if you do. However, I think it is rather distasteful to generate a thread minimizing other peoples problems. What authority do you have over someone else to say to them their problems are not significant enough to valued? Like genuinely, we're all people.

Fine, those are your opinions. It's rather hysterical how one little statement in a thread can irritate a bunch of people. You don't even see the positive messages that I'm trying to make, yet you sit there and bash me with a bunch of negative statements that seem to contradict my points of view.

If you think it's so distasteful, then why don't you do something about it, create a thread, and come up with something unique? Everyone's so quick to bash me, but no one else is coming up with thread ideas.
(4th September 2023, 2:03 PM)Different Wrote: If you think it's so distasteful, then why don't you do something about it, create a thread, and come up with something unique? Everyone's so quick to bash me, but no one else is coming up with thread ideas.

Dude you opened up this conversation, can't get angry when people express why they don't agree with you in your threads
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Mia
(4th September 2023, 2:14 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: Dude you opened up this conversation, can't get angry when people express why they don't agree with you in your threads

Hey, what can I say... It's not always easy maintaining a thread that contains a majority of comments that disagree with you that eventually ends up being negative.
(4th September 2023, 2:47 PM)Different Wrote: Hey, what can I say... It's not always easy maintaining a thread that contains a majority of comments that disagree with you that eventually ends up being negative.
but samtimes you kmist let ppl have there opnions bro.
Yemlo and Co.
(4th September 2023, 3:50 PM)AlphaZ Wrote: Just saying this thread ain't it chief. I am not interested in making threads, and I have no intention of bashing you. I may not comment on every one of your threads, but some are entertaining discussions. They may be a bit clickbaity but entertaining nevertheless. I hope you have a good day, and I'm sorry if you felt personally attacked by me. I just wanted to say my piece.

It's all good, bro. I don't feel attacked by you. I'm just trying to see how far people are willing to go with these conversations. Otherwise, I might have either came up with something different, or left some of these things alone. I hope you have a happy Labor Day, man.
(4th September 2023, 3:38 AM)Different Wrote: If you're b*tching and complaining about how your life sucks, but you can still walk... then I want you to stop complaining because it could always be worse.

There are about 8 billion people in the world so out of these there will be a person facing the worst in terms of average combination, that person likely isn't facing the worst in one of the many, many possible things that could happen. Therefore this says that no-one is allowed to complain as it "could always be worse", so I don't see these kinds of statements as very useful which I think is a reason why others have shared similar sentiments too.

---

Anyway to do with the general content of the thread: I would still be able to do some stuff as I don't exactly do too much at the moment, but it would be a lot tougher and take some getting used to. The fact that there's likely a lot of little things that will be more difficult that I wouldn't think of currently would also impact day-to-day. I would like to think that I'd go with the top option in the poll though.

Also that's a lot of words in this thread to basically say "You would feel worse if you were in a wheelchair as it restricts certain possibilities". Sure some more specifics are included, but I see a lot of repetition in OP.
á
Andrew Tate really setting mofo's understanding of mental illness back at least a few decades