Poll: How would you feel if the doctor just told you that you could never walk again?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I’d still find happiness because I’m a strong-minded and positive person. Even though it’ll be difficult.
33.33%
1 33.33%
I’d feel awful and depressed because my life is over. 😟
33.33%
1 33.33%
I wouldn’t let a wheelchair stop me from finding relationships, making money, or doing activities that handicap people can do.
0%
0 0%
Are you kidding me??! I can’t let anyone see me like this! RIP because my life is over, my reputation is shattered, and women will push me aside! 🤬
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

HANDICAP ☠️
(4th September 2023, 3:38 AM)Different Wrote: If you're b*tching and complaining about how your life sucks, but you can still walk... then I want you to stop complaining because it could always be worse.

There are about 8 billion people in the world so out of these there will be a person facing the worst in terms of average combination, that person likely isn't facing the worst in one of the many, many possible things that could happen. Therefore this says that no-one is allowed to complain as it "could always be worse", so I don't see these kinds of statements as very useful which I think is a reason why others have shared similar sentiments too.

---

Anyway to do with the general content of the thread: I would still be able to do some stuff as I don't exactly do too much at the moment, but it would be a lot tougher and take some getting used to. The fact that there's likely a lot of little things that will be more difficult that I wouldn't think of currently would also impact day-to-day. I would like to think that I'd go with the top option in the poll though.

Also that's a lot of words in this thread to basically say "You would feel worse if you were in a wheelchair as it restricts certain possibilities". Sure some more specifics are included, but I see a lot of repetition in OP.
á

Messages In This Thread
HANDICAP ☠️ - by Different - 4th September 2023, 3:38 AM
RE: HANDICAP ☠️ - by Mia - 4th September 2023, 4:50 AM
RE: HANDICAP ☠️ - by Different - 4th September 2023, 8:05 AM
RE: HANDICAP ☠️ - by ~JBG~ - 4th September 2023, 9:01 AM
RE: HANDICAP ☠️ - by Different - 4th September 2023, 9:22 AM
RE: HANDICAP ☠️ - by ~JBG~ - 4th September 2023, 10:18 AM
RE: HANDICAP ☠️ - by Different - 4th September 2023, 12:42 PM
RE: HANDICAP ☠️ - by Mia - 4th September 2023, 11:26 AM
RE: HANDICAP ☠️ - by Mia - 4th September 2023, 1:04 PM
RE: HANDICAP ☠️ - by Different - 4th September 2023, 2:03 PM