Why did PR2 die off?
If it is to succeed, it needs to change with the times. Flash is dead, and forum sites are dead. The decision to gatekeep the flash game to a forum site is a very strange decision that sets it up for failure. It's not just people getting older, or "people spending time on phones". Steam games are more popular than ever. Market the game to a new audience on a broader platform. You can't do that on a standalone executable only gotten from a forum site that nobody outside of our smaller community can find. Adapt and overcome.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
Yeah, Mia is right. I don't think Pr2 can keep up with sites like Steam because Steam knows how to market and sell to their audience. Plus the graphics would kick Pr2's ass. Basically, Jiggmin released his game just a few months before Steam even became popular in late 2008. Most of the kids that played Pr2 15 years ago (I was one of them) didn't seem to think of Steam as a must-visit site where you play cool games.

They were introduced to Pr2 before hand, plus not many people knew about Steam back then as well. If I could quote a user from Quora, they said before Steam was popular, it was "Clunky, poorly optimised and slightly annoying. It started just as a DRM tool, then a store, then social elements. I first had to download it when I bought the DVD hardcopy of Empire Total War, and it annoyed the shit out of me. To Valve’s credit, they have really improved it over the years."

So, that played to Jiggmin's advantage because it was a different time period where social media wasn't really thriving back then like it is now. Jiggmin was 19 years old when he created Platform Racing 1 back in 2007. He had his audience in the palm of his hands before Steam even became popular. I think kids resonated with Pr2 back then because it was cool and exciting to them.

Now, they've grown tired of kiddy games, and they want to play more adult-featured games on Steam with real-life problems and authentic graphics. Tbh with you, I don't even think that my ideas can possibly turn Pr2 around.