Poll: What is your BIGGEST Pet Peeve?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
People talking too much or asking too many questions!
0%
0 0%
People who are dishonest with me!
0%
0 0%
People chewing and popping their gum loudly!
0%
0 0%
People ignoring me - I want my feelings acknowledged!
0%
0 0%
People who refuse to listen!
0%
0 0%
People who think they know it all when they don’t know shit!
60.00%
3 60.00%
People who talk closely to me with funky breath!
0%
0 0%
People who are arrogant jackasses!
0%
0 0%
People who drive recklessly!
20.00%
1 20.00%
I have other (or many) pet peeves that gets on my nerves.
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

PET PEEVES
[Image: eLE8MoA.jpg]

Folks, I need your undivided attention for a few minutes. Think about one of your biggest PET PEEVES - things that other people do that absolutely drives you insane! Everybody has PET PEEVES that has been with them for a very long time. If someone triggers one of your PET PEEVES, then you're ready to box that person! This is your chance to really express yourselves here, folks.

I'll give you an example: You send someone a text message asking them if they want to hangout with you this weekend. The weekend comes and you still don't get a response; it's been 3-5 days now. Usually people who suffer from this PET PEEVE aren't thinking things like "they must be busy". They're thinking - "why the hell is this ignoramus ignoring me?!" Nobody likes to be ignored. This can be a UNIVERSAL PET PEEVE because everyone wants their feelings acknowledged. Some people may not care atm, but eventually it'll get to them because they're human just like us.

[Image: TjW7xqr.jpg]

Usually these PET PEEVES start off with people because people can really be obnoxious, sometimes. This might be why some of you are introverts because people can be pretty difficult to deal with, sometimes. You may have a younger sibling, or a friend, who's an idiot that likes to push your buttons because they instinctively know that it's going to irritate you. They know you're a bitter person so they'll just find a way to make it worse.

So, what's that one thing (if not many) that drives you insane, folks? - This can be people talking too much, ignoring you, asking too many questions, driving recklessly, lying to you, or anything it doesn't matter. Now don't sit here and tell me that you don't have a PET PEEVE because there's always going to be something that drives you insane. Nobody is perfect, so the idea of keeping the peace all the time is a fantasy because there will always be that one little irritating thing.
Apart from the option I chose in the poll, general inconsideration for other people is quite annoying to me.

Examples:
• People taking up more than their share of space (e.g. at the dining table or on the couch)
• People playing audio out loud next to me when I am watching/listening to something
• People leaving their stuff lying around, unorganized in a shared space (I like to keep stuff neat and tidy, so this is annoying)
• A bunch of people walking side by side, taking up the entire width of the sidewalk
• People leaving their shopping carts in the middle of the aisle so there's no space on either side to go around them
• People driving abnormally slowly for no reason and holding up people behind them
• People nagging me on how I should do something when I am doing it for them
• People making a big deal out of little things that don't really matter (e.g. Whether I should cut open a seasoning packet with scissors or rip it open with hands. Yes, this actually happened)

Also people who don't realize they are setting a double standard (e.g. When my parents decide to have 2 minute noodles for lunch, it's because it's quick and easy. But when I do it, it's because I'm too lazy to cook anything else)
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Camer the Dragon, Different
(19th September 2023, 6:34 AM)Master Raiden Wrote: • People making a big deal out of little things that don't really matter (e.g. Whether I should cut open a flavoring sachet with scissors or rip it open with hands. Yes, this actually happened)

Lmfao! A flavoring sachet? This sounds like a problem with friends or family. I've never heard of a flavoring sachet before, but somehow when I googled it, THIS popped up.
(19th September 2023, 6:50 AM)Different Wrote: Lmfao! A flavoring sachet? This sounds like a problem with friends or family. I've never head of a flavoring sachet before, but somehow when I googled it, THIS popped up.

I mean one of those little seasoning packets you get with powder in it that you add to your food to flavor it.
(19th September 2023, 6:52 AM)Master Raiden Wrote: I mean one of those little seasoning packets you get with powder in it that you add to your food to flavor it.

Oh wow. Yeah I would just cut it open with scissors, it's no big deal. People blow things out of proportion too often.
People who aren't tolerant of my beliefs/lifestyle. I'll live my life, and you'll live yours. It's not affecting you. And people who are mean and/or inconsiderate in general. I remember one time getting yelled at for going "too slow" at work, before I let them know that I was having really bad body aches. Don't judge people for being a little different than you, because they're probably living their life the best that they can, and the way that makes them the happiest.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(19th September 2023, 10:41 AM)Mia Wrote: People who aren't tolerant of my beliefs/lifestyle. I'll live my life, and you'll live yours. It's not affecting you. And people who are mean and/or inconsiderate in general. I remember one time getting yelled at for going "too slow" at work, before I let them know that I was having really bad body aches. Don't judge people for being a little different than you, because they're probably living their life the best that they can, and the way that makes them the happiest.

Yeah, people are always quick to judge someone else's problems before they consider the situation that they're dealing with. But, if they were the ones being judged, then maybe they would think twice about judging others. Who was yelling at you - the supervisor, or that one dude who kept being obnoxious to you every work day?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
I'd rather not say too much here an reveal my inner secrets which may be dark and stormy, or as bright as a sunshine meadow full of tootsie rolls. But I will say that I am not a people person, and people get on my nervs all to often. Escpecially crowds. I'd check off most of that pole if I could. People aren't relaxed enough, in my opinion. But my country's economic status tends to push people to work and be busy all the time in order to pay insanely high gas prices and rent and so forth. Its messed up world, but its a human world and not a monotonous drone of robots, not yet anyway. But there coming. People need to chill, play some pr2 other other games. So what if somone rates your new level/map poorly. If you had fun making it that's what really counts.

(19th September 2023, 10:41 AM)Mia Wrote: People who aren't tolerant of my beliefs/lifestyle. I'll live my life, and you'll live yours. It's not affecting you. And people who are mean and/or inconsiderate in general. I remember one time getting yelled at for going "too slow" at work, before I let them know that I was having really bad body aches. Don't judge people for being a little different than you, because they're probably living their life the best that they can, and the way that makes them the happiest.

Mia, you said it best here. Can't we all just realize that everyone has their own host of problems and issues? I know I do, both mentally and physcially. Let's all just get along, and slow down. Life is not a race.
I have ears.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to cremedefromage For This Useful Post:
  • Different
I have a lot, but when people don’t get out of the way when I’m trying to get somewhere. Yeah you def need to stop in the middle of the sidewalk for your selfie.

TikTok drives me up the bloody wall.
[Image: GUEST_d27f3cc4-4884-4e3b-8c1c-a7d95aa028...&fmt=pjpeg]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to LCPD For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(19th September 2023, 12:01 PM)Different Wrote: Yeah, people are always quick to judge someone else's problems before they consider the situation that they're dealing with. But, if they were the ones being judged, then maybe they would think twice about judging others. Who was yelling at you - the supervisor, or that one dude who kept being obnoxious to you every work day?

It was the assistant supervisor. I was nothing but nice to him, even though he commonly treated me poorly. I try to be nice to everyone, cause I don't know what they're going through. I like giving people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he was having a rough day too.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
(19th September 2023, 12:03 PM)cremedefromage Wrote: I'd rather not say too much here an reveal my inner secrets which may be dark and stormy, or as bright as a sunshine meadow full of tootsie rolls. But I will say that I am not a people person, and people get on my nervs all to often. Escpecially crowds. I'd check off most of that pole if I could. People aren't relaxed enough, in my opinion. But my country's economic status tends to push people to work and be busy all the time in order to pay insanely high gas prices and rent and so forth. Its messed up world, but its a human world and not a monotonous drone of robots, not yet anyway. But there coming. People need to chill, play some pr2 other other games. So what if somone rates your new level/map poorly. If you had fun making it that's what really counts.

Even if you did reveal your inner secrets, I would still respect your pet peeves because everyone has things that drive them insane. But, yeah it is a messed up world that we currently live in. They're constantly raising the prices for food in stores and it's driving me nuts.

(19th September 2023, 2:07 PM)LCPD Wrote: I have a lot, but when people don’t get out of the way when I’m trying to get somewhere. Yeah you def need to stop in the middle of the sidewalk for your selfie.

TikTok gives me up the bloody wall.

I feel you on that one. People are so self-centered nowadays, and they think that the world needs to stop everything just for them to do what they need to do.

(19th September 2023, 4:21 PM)Mia Wrote: It was the assistant supervisor. I was nothing but nice to him, even though he commonly treated me poorly. I try to be nice to everyone, cause I don't know what they're going through. I like giving people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he was having a rough day too.

You did the best you could do. Some people are just assholes for no reason. I just don't understand it, man. Also depending on where you go, people are even more rude. That's why other countries think that Americans are rude and disrespectful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • cremedefromage, Master Raiden
(19th September 2023, 6:34 AM)Master Raiden Wrote: • People leaving their shopping carts in the middle of the aisle so there's no space on either side to go around them

It legitimately irritates me so much when people don't put the trolleys away in an orderly fashion
They have zones in the car park to put the trolleys in and people do not make neat queues and they skew them which prevents neat queues, or they put them in sideways, or they put 2 different trolley types one after the other so they don't slot in together, and it annoys me so so so much I hate it

Edit: Also when people open crisp packets the wrong way up (so when the open bit is at the top the text is upside-down it annoys me it is an evil way to open crisps)
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Different, Master Raiden
(20th September 2023, 2:35 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: It legitimately irritates me so much when people don't put the trolleys away in an orderly fashion
They have zones in the car park to put the trolleys in and people do not make neat queues and they skew them which prevents neat queues, or they put them in sideways, or they put 2 different trolley types one after the other so they don't slot in together, and it annoys me so so so much I hate it

I've seen one of those trolleys hit someone's car before... all because they didn't put them away properly. People are just lazy, man. I've seen them park those things on the curve where the trees are planted in the parking lot.
  • Camer the Dragon
(20th September 2023, 2:35 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Edit: Also when people open crisp packets the wrong way up (so when the open bit is at the top the text is upside-down it annoys me it is an evil way to open crisps)

It is a smart way though.

All the salt and seasoning falls to the bottom, so if you open the packet upside down, it will get distributed evenly and every bite will have flavor.

I store my packets upside down, but open them the right way up.
(22nd September 2023, 2:27 AM)AlphaZ Wrote: A few for me are:
  • Unconscious people at the grocery store that are constantly blocking aisles/taking up too much space without being aware of your existence.
  • People walking deliberately slow on the sidewalk while making it impossible for you to pass without having to go onto the street.
  • Drivers that go double or well beyond the speed limit for no reason and put other peoples lives at risk.
  • Having to repeat things way more than necessary.
  • People that consistently can't hold a conversation for a fraction of a second without jumping to another topic. These types generally don't allow you to get a say in anything.
  • People that walk through crosswalks while looking at their phone. Completely unaware of the fact that they could just get hit by a vehicle. 
  • Idiots on tiktok.

Man, I don't get why people can't just leave some room on the sidewalk for other people to passthrough, it doesn't make any sense to me. Now I will say this (and this is something that's been killing me for a long time now): I've literally had people tell me "huh?"... "what?"... "what did you say?"... when trying to tell them something. Yeah it's so annoying to deal with, man, so I can understand that.

On the other hand, people are so brain dead nowadays, just like that stupid TikTok app. I think the drivers have gotten worse over the years. I remember hearing a couple of guys driving fast cars, doing donuts on the highway holding up traffic.
I feel like I dont have any pet peeves, at least when it comes to living with others, so my pet peeve is when someone has lots of pet peeves and gets annoyed at me when I go out of my way to work around the annoying things that they do.

Also getting bossed around by someone who is relaxing while Im already busy doing something is another pet peeve.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(23rd September 2023, 1:17 PM)JEEJAYEM Wrote: So my pet peeve is when someone has lots of pet peeves and gets annoyed at me when I go out of my way to work around the annoying things that they do.

Also getting bossed around by someone who is relaxing while Im already busy doing something is another pet peeve.

They can't get annoyed at you because you're breaking your back to make adjustments to deal with their pet peeves. People are so trifling, man. Flip it around and they're ready to fight you for having to deal with your pet peeves.

Yeah, those people don't wanna work, anyway. Eventually their time will come and someone else will tell them off, if it's not you.
Few things:
  • Drivers who do needlessly reckless things to get around one car just to get off on the next exit
  • People making a big deal out of little things that could be solved by a two minute conversation
  • Leaving garbage around in a space that doesn't belong to you
  • When someone gets mad at you for how you talk to your friend, when we're just throwing banter
  • Yeah, shoppers who take up an unnecessary amount of space so that others can't go around them
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to DivineZerinus For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(23rd September 2023, 4:10 PM)DivineZerinus Wrote: Few things:
  • Drivers who do needlessly reckless things to get around one car just to get off on the next exit
  • People making a big deal out of little things that could be solved by a two minute conversation
  • Leaving garbage around in a space that doesn't belong to you
  • When someone gets mad at you for how you talk to your friend, when we're just throwing banter
  • Yeah, shoppers who take up an unnecessary amount of space so that others can't go around them

People can be so complicated, man. I do hear the shopper thing, and reckless drivers pet peeve a lot. It makes sense seeing as people don't consider the well-being of others, and how their actions might effect them. "Driving recklessly" would annoy me the most from this list since people pull out in front of you without a turn signal.
  • DivineZerinus
(23rd September 2023, 9:49 PM)Different Wrote: People can be so complicated, man. I do hear the shopper thing, and reckless drivers pet peeve a lot. It makes sense seeing as people don't consider the well-being of others, and how their actions might effect them. "Driving recklessly" would annoy me the most from this list since people pull out in front of you without a turn signal.

Yeah, I've just learned to take it easy while driving usually, keep my distance if I can, and let people do their thing if they look like they're going to do something reckless. Of course sometimes people do things with little notice every now and then, but I feel a lot safer being able to back off.

And yeah, people are complicated, but that's part of who we are I guess.