Different suggestions
Thumbs Up 
Hello everybody!  Bow

As some of you guys might know, I've made some puzzle levels during the latest years.
My most recent levels were called "Scape Square" saga. I enjoyed a lot making these both levels because after 3 years without connecting to PR2 (since flash player died), i had some new ideas that wanted to be created. 
Some may remember the old puzzle levels i used to make which were called "Mystery in........" (and then different places). Although those were easier compared to the ones i am making now.

So talking about these all, while i was creating "Scape Square" levels, i got some ideas which might be interesting to have in PR2 just like the following:

1- Adding settings to purple block (also called Moving block), so then player can control its direction and maybe its speed in level editor. About the direction, maybe adding some personal "series", for example:
Left - Right - Left - Right - Left.......     OR    LEFT - RIGHT - UP - LEFT - RIGHT - UP .... ETC
Of course letting the option to put this on DEFAULT so purple block will move randomly as always (just in the case the player doesn't want to control it somehow).

2- Adding settings to the EGG so then you can configurate its weapons.
So then egg might have only ice wave for example (instead of ice wave, gun and sword...), or whatever...

3- In my levels art is important to resolve some puzzles. So maybe add the "obligatory activation of the art" to be able to play a level (if you choose that option on level editor, of course)

4- Maybe someday we might add an elevator block which moves up to down OR left to right with the player on the block.

By the way, i couldn't thanks to @bls1999 about what he did to the art fixing, just to be able to add more art on levels.

Thank you mate!  Embarrassed
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J m i For This Useful Post:
  • Eternal, GHSimon3, Magniloquent, ~JBG~
Perhaps adding a list of "[ ] Up, [ ] Down, [ ] Left, [ ] Right" to a move block when you click on it would work, just like with an item block. I don't know how it uses RNG, but it's definitely possible to use the same RNG generator so it wouldn't mess up any simming levels either. Not sure about the speed tho.

The same would definitely work with eggs as well.

With art, maybe add an option in settings called "[ ] Require art on", and if a player tries to enter level with art off, their settings get overwritten for that one level. Every past level's missing default value would be "off", so it shouldn't affect anything else.

Elevator blocks are definitely never happening. The game isn't programmed to calculate complex player interactions with blocks like that, and I doubt anyone would want to spend their precious time on a borderline dead game reprogramming the game's base code to make this a possibility lmao

Otherwise, the first 3 ideas are really good tho! The custom move block has game defining potential and the custom eggs would be a good quality of life change. I would definitely require Art ON for my Prop Hunt level because the 3 runners are supposed to hide behind layer 0 art in that deathmatch against the 1 hunter. Wouldn't want hunters cheating by turning art off.
[Image: xmKCETn.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vaza For This Useful Post:
  • GHSimon3, Magniloquent
Thanks for answering mate!

Yeah about the elevator block, that was the fourth and last idea because i knew that might be "complicated" to programme and wasting time on that wont worth it.

About the rest, of course! the art can be a problem when you spent a lot of time on a level to make cool things and then a player just simple deactivate it a nothing happens Hahah.

And yeah, the Moving Block might have the DEFAULT OPTION where it moves randonly, but then another option where you can choose its direction, yep!