Poll: Is 2024 the ultimate beginning of change for Pr2, or should we dismiss these ideas and pull the plug on them?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! I think it’s time that we create a plan to take Pr2 to the next level!
25.00%
1 25.00%
No, I don’t think so. This game is way past its prime, and can no longer be revived.
75.00%
3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

THE FINAL STRAW 🏁
(2nd January 2024, 3:42 PM)TRUC Wrote: Even if we set the whole nostalgia VS progress debate aside, since it's not really the point here, there are a lot of limitations that we have to deal with when it comes to such a major overhaul in the future. I'm not only talking about the feasibility of some ideas (as far as I know, there are certain clients out there with extra functionalities) or Ben's ability to release them publicly at some point, but there's also the fact that the marketing outreach, for a lack of better words, is almost non existent outside the past community keeping it alive and/or players coming back. The fact that the game itself is still under Jiggmin's legacy means it's stuck in this current state of only being available on here via dowload.

Yeah, I had a feeling that there would be some limitations because this is a massive project to deal with, plus Pr2 has a bunch of imperfections and things that are probably outdated compared to today's market. I think Jiggmin moved on, 10 years ago after the whole, Motley Monday thing.

(2nd January 2024, 3:42 PM)TRUC Wrote: Don't get me wrong, it would be cool and nice, plus I'm failry certain most people can root for that in spite of their nostalgia, but for stuff like this to happen with enough impact, there needs to be bigger motives coming from elsewhere than just our best intentions (and I mean with everyone, staff contributions and side projects included). The game can be taken further down its development, sure, but WHY EVEN BOTHER when all those reasons come back anyway, hmmmm... it's not pointless, it's a noble objective, but there's gotta be an external factor.

100% agreed. Well, if everyone jumped on board then perhaps we can go beyond what seems to be nearly impossible, atm. Tbh, it's quite time intensive, and if it were to be done, then I would expect this to take months to do because I know people have lives and such. It is risky business for sure because there are a lot of uncertainties that comes with this project. With side projects and outside sources, we could for sure accomplish these things. Unfortunately at some point, Jiggmin may have to get involved and approve some of these things.

(2nd January 2024, 6:38 PM)Overbeing Wrote: I am here because I want to be. I am here because it is fun. By being here and participating, we are all making this a place worth being. I too wish that the community was larger and more stable. It does surprise me that there is little to no eyes on the game. Very little content is made, because we are the only audience, there is very little demand. I feel like it would take getting on the GDQ stage or having a content creator with an audience play pr2 to revitalize the game in a meaningful way. But it is perfectly fine if that doesn't ever happen.
I feel very lucky that pr2 still exist and extraordinarily lucky that it has recieved updates that are really well done.
If the game doesn't get a boost in popularity, the best way to keep it alive is to do what we have been doing. Insentivising players to race and make new levels.
The live steams are always a blast when they happen. The contests are well done. New levels are still being made. People are still racing and exploring. One way to help keep a small community alive is to have times where there are seasonal events. That way all the players know it is happening and return to the game all at the same time, instead of being inactive or active all at different times.
There is clearly more that can be done to keep the game alive, but we are lucky to have such an amazing team who already do so much and have kept it alive. I think a round of applause is in order!

We're all glad to have you here, man! It sounds like you're still valuing nostalgia, and that's ok. But, unfortunately it'll only cater to the minority of players who treasured Pr2 for what it once was, back in the day. It would be really nice if we had someone like Mr.Beast or PewDiePie play Platform Racing 2 and leave their critiques on the game. Then that would draw in a massive crowd. But, I think the only way those people would ever stick around is if there were advanced features. The only thing that I can see would even stick out as a popular version of Pr2, would be the 'adult version' of the game that I was pitching, months ago.

(2nd January 2024, 7:02 PM)UptightΒ 534 Wrote: I appreciate you nominating me for a moderator, but I am probably the least qualified person here (with the sole exception for ending the streak on "Count to 500 before a Mod Posts"). I have not played PR2 in about a year or two, and it was only for a few minutes for a stage in Big Brother ('member?) Before that, probably about five years ago. Hell, maybe even back to Acid Forums (legends never die) or the original JV site.

I am also extremely apathetic, so that will be a hard no.

100% appreciate everyone still keeping everything alive.

No worries! I'll remove your name from the list, eventually. But, just to let you know, the option is still currently available for you, should you ever change your mind. We're always looking for an active player to manage things, and you're probably one of the most, active players here. Plus, you seem like you'd be a well-disciplined person who follows the rules.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  β€’ Uptight 534

Messages In This Thread
THE FINAL STRAW 🏁 - by Different - 2nd January 2024, 1:36 PM
RE: THE FINAL STRAW 🏁 - by TRUC - 2nd January 2024, 3:42 PM
RE: THE FINAL STRAW 🏁 - by Overbeing - 2nd January 2024, 6:38 PM
RE: THE FINAL STRAW 🏁 - by Uptight 534 - 2nd January 2024, 7:02 PM
RE: THE FINAL STRAW 🏁 - by Northadox - 2nd January 2024, 8:29 PM
RE: THE FINAL STRAW 🏁 - by Different - 2nd January 2024, 9:04 PM
RE: THE FINAL STRAW 🏁 - by Delphinoid_ - 2nd January 2024, 10:03 PM
RE: THE FINAL STRAW 🏁 - by Different - 2nd January 2024, 11:05 PM
RE: THE FINAL STRAW 🏁 - by Delphinoid_ - 2nd January 2024, 11:57 PM