🔥💥☄️⚡️ULTRA GIFTS⚡️☄️💥🔥
[Image: TgZY9We.gif]

Today, I'm asking you all to join me on a supernatural journey of self-discovery - a place where you're taking an audacious leap of faith by stepping into a magical portal and opening up about your God-given gifts and talents. Recently, I've had a chance to speak to @Delphinoid_ & @Northadox in my LAST thread about what they think they're good at. Even though they were willing to openly have a conversation with me about what their talents are, it was still a pleasure to know what they're capable of. This thread allows us to analyze and be more insightful about what we're really capable of. No poll this time! Let's just talk!

In THIS thread, I asked you guys what superpowers you would like to possess. Now, I'm asking you all to share gifts and talents that you do have.

[Image: q0ekgiu.gif]

I want you all to stop and recall a time where you've done something that unlocked your full potential. Step into a supernatural portal that takes us on a journey that leads us to what you're truly capable of. Hell, you can even open up an entire book about yourself and all the things you're good at. This can be the ability to sing really well, a particular sport you're naturally good at, drawing, playing an instrument, public speaking, or whatever it is. Don't be ashamed to tell us because there is no shame. One of the purposes of this thread is to have an open discussion about getting to know each other on a deeper level. I will not criticize your gifts and talents because I'm just here to learn more about you guys, that's it. For the newbies that have just created an account on JV2, this is a golden opportunity for you to express yourselves. Who knows, you might even make some new friends along the way.

[Image: uW3If2g.gif]

TRUTH: There are going to be circumstances in life where you're going to piss some people off about your gifts and talents because you can literally pull off things that they can't. This is where the covetousness and enviousness takes over because they strongly desire something that you have. But, instead of trying to unlock their own full potential, they waste all that time and energy trying to figure out devious plots to ruin your life because you have something that they want. PATHETIC! My advice: don't pay these people any attention because they're obviously angry with themselves, and they're unsatisfied with what God gave them. Sure, you can try to help these people, but if they're not willing to help themselves, then respectfully walk away because they have negative energy that you don't want any part of.

I'll give you an example: You could be one of the most BEAUTIFUL people on the planet, while that other person (who is covetous and envious of you) is extremely UGLY on the beauty spectrum. Their face might look really disfigured, they might have a big head, ugly ass warts that makes your hair stand up, teeth looks jacked up, nose might be too big, or whatever the hell it is. Meanwhile, you've got all these gorgeous features that almost everybody wants, then you end up being the sexiest MAN or WOMAN in this year's magazine... you see what I mean? So don't sell yourself short if someone is quick to bully and criticize you because they're only looking to bring you down to their level. Even if you try to help these people embrace their ugliness by showing them that they're greater than that, and they still envy you... then it's no longer worth your time trying to help them anymore.

[Image: nPLA5VX.gif]

Example II: You could be one of the smartest people on this thread. But yet, some dick wishes he were as intelligent as you are because you speak in an articulate manner, you use college-level words, it seems like your vocabulary is unlimited, and you're naturally smart. Meanwhile, they barely finished high school. These kind of people are not only extremely covetous and envious of you, they're bitter inside. They will always look for opportunities to denigrate you and make you feel regretful of being highly intelligent. Sure, they can always apply themselves to get on your level, but then they have that instant gratification demon that just loathes you because you possess something that they currently don't have. You could be a college graduate who is the CEO of a tech company making six figures, while they're a high school-dropout flipping burgers at McDonalds getting paid minimum wage. Do not stoop to their level by developing regrets about the man or woman that you've become. Just because they threw their life away, doesn't mean that you have to.

[Image: gQi4TzC.gif]

It's ok if you're unaware of what these talents and gifts are, but perhaps maybe one of us can point them out to you so that you can gain the motivation to use them to make money or help people. @Mia is an example of someone who is a magnificent storyteller. I recognized that by chatting with him for the past, 2 years now. Even though he's a lurker who doesn't chat very much, he can still share some magnificent stories with you; he could literally write a book if he wanted to. A wasted gift or talent is equivalent to having all the tools inside your vehicle, but just sitting there bragging about how you got all these nice things and you don't even take advantage of them, is a wasted gift.

[Image: lK9K6sn.gif]

So now, I want you all to go super saiyan, tap into the left side of your brain's hemisphere, and think about all the God-given gifts and talents that you truly possess and harness. Open up a Kamehameha wave and unleash them all on this thread so that we can have an insightful discussion about them. Everybody has something deep within them that truly makes them a special human being. Once you figure out what that is, you can use them to get ahead in life because it's like you have special superpowers that no one else can possess. You see, we're our own, unique individuals. Who knows... you might even possess supernatural gifts that are beyond the normal, human comprehension - This could be the spirit of discernment, sixth sense, enhanced intuitive abilities, or even telekinesis. Just think of something you're really good at.

Here, I'll start us off (you can even make this more impactful by posting a super saiyan gif with your abilities):

[Image: enJ9LKz.gif]

My Gifts/Skills/Talents
-Creative writer
-Creative storyteller
-Great video editor
-Good at identifying problems
-Talented with Photoshop
-Naturally gifted in creating music (also playing the piano)
-Good at solving problems & puzzles
-Unlimited imagination
-Creative sound designer
-Gives good advice
-Decent chess player

Remember, I'm not here to criticize you. I'm only here to learn more about you as a person. Get comfortable expressing yourselves here because next week, I'm going to open up a thread asking you guys what you're not so good at.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • EpicMidget, tbbm
[Image: 7A32.gif]
I'm really good at flipping burgers
[Image: 7yFzNKY.png]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • Different, EpicMidget, Mia, Northadox, tbbm
(6th January 2024, 3:13 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: [Image: 7A32.gif]
I'm really good at flipping burgers

Well that's good, maybe you can become an award-winning chef & open up your own restaurant, one day. I just hope you didn't take that "flipping burgers" thing, personally because it was an indirect point of view.
I have no special talents/abilities. Just the most average and boring person in the world.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
(6th January 2024, 4:08 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: I have no special talents/abilities. Just the most average and boring person in the world.

Oh c'mon, I'm sure there's at least one thing or two, that's special about you that you currently harness. Think about your job where you work at. Surely, you've received some kind of recognition for your hard work and skills.
(6th January 2024, 3:02 PM)Different Wrote:
My Gifts/Skills/Talents
-Good at solving problems & puzzles
-Decent chess player

Chess puzzles:

[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Different
I don't think I have any gifts / natural talents. Most of the skills I have are pretty amateurish, and I don't think "being interested in a lot of things" is really a talent.

Recently a friend said I was talented at wording things in the weirdest way possible, like accidentally making things sound inappropriate or suggestive. Maybe this counts, but man do I hate the idea of that lol
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Delphinoid_ For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(6th January 2024, 8:26 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: Chess puzzles:

White to move
[Image: MOdNRrp.png]

That last one is quite difficult because obviously black has the upper hand. First off, moving the white knight (on F2) out of the way would be a huge mistake (without a threat to black) because black gets a free queen on E2. You could aggressively go after the black rook on G2 (using your queen on E2), but then you'd have to be aware that the black queen on H4 will more than likely capture the hanging pawn piece (on G5) and place your king (on D2) into check, thus attacking the white rook (on D8) at the same time. This is known as a "Fork", which is a pretty basic, yet nasty tactic in the game.

Sure, you could move the King out of the way towards the back file (D1 or E1), but then this would also cause problems as the black rook on G2 will end up taking the knight on F2 while the queen on H4 is ready to attack and protect, simultaneously. Obviously, moving the king towards C1 would be a rookie mistake because the black queen on H4 will still Fork you. At that point, you'd have no choice but to shield the king by moving the white queen (on E2) to either D2 or E3. The aftermath is that you'd be down by 6 points.

The ultimate goal is to avoid getting forked because you can survive with one less point, but not with 6. Also, you're probably thinking that moving your white rook from D8 to E8 seems like the wisest idea because you're potentially preparing to block a future check from G5 to D2. However, the aftermath is that the black rook on G2 will snatch your white knight on F2, while being defended by the devious black queen on H4. The aftermath is that you'll end up in check by the black queen on H4 to F2.

At this point, you're probably thinking: No matter what I do... I'm either getting forked, or losing a valuable piece (the white rook on D8). So, ultimately, if this were me in this situation, I'd probably just advance my white queen from E2 to E7. Why? - Because not only are you preventing a dangerous move from happening, you're essentially avoiding losing your white rook on D8. Unfortunately, you'd still be sacrificing the white knight on F2, but at least you can prepare to get the white king (on D2) to safety on C1. Your white queen on E7 is now guarding the pawn on G5.

After the white queen has moved from E2 to E7, DO NOT get greedy by aggressively going after the black rook with your king moving to E1. If you do, then they can turn this into a "Discovered Check" by moving the black rook from F2 capturing a white pawn (which is now a hanging piece) on C2, thus allowing the black queen on H4 to check you. This is a "Discovered Check". This can get ugly quick because black can prepare to trap you into a check using the black queen and rook. The statement in red is ultimately what you want to accomplish.
(6th January 2024, 10:18 PM)Delphinoid_ Wrote: I don't think I have any gifts / natural talents. Most of the skills I have are pretty amateurish, and I don't think "being interested in a lot of things" is really a talent.

Recently a friend said I was talented at wording things in the weirdest way possible, like accidentally making things sound inappropriate or suggestive. Maybe this counts, but man do I hate the idea of that lol

I'm sure there's at least 1 or 2 gifts that you currently possess. You're probably unaware of them because you haven't tapped into your full potential, yet. On the other hand, you can always tell me about what skills you currently possess, which is good enough. You seem to have a broad understanding of mathematics and computer science, based on my last thread. That's a strong start, don't you think?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid_
(6th January 2024, 10:46 PM)Different Wrote: I'm sure there's at least 1 or 2 gifts that you currently possess. You're probably unaware of them because you haven't tapped into your full potential, yet. On the other hand, you can always tell me about what skills you currently possess, which is good enough. You seem to have a broad understanding of mathematics and computer science, based on my last thread. That's a strong start, don't you think?

I guess, although I'm not crazy proud of whatever skills I have in maths and comp sci. Compared to my peers I'm also not so good at maths anyway (if we're talking about grades I was definitely way below my peers as an undergraduate).

Despite falling into STEM, art is what I've always cared most about. I've never been super amazing at things like drawing, modelling and animation though, and I've desperately wanted to learn how to compose music (I persistently try, but of course music is one of the more abstract forms of art I think). That being said, I don't think it bothers me that much... even if I'm objectively quite a bad artist, I have enough skill to be able to express myself. That, along with the opportunity to actually express myself this way, is I think all I could ever ask for.

So I don't really care about having gifts or talents. I just want to be able to create things from the heart.
  • Different
(7th January 2024, 5:09 AM)Delphinoid_ Wrote: I guess, although I'm not crazy proud of whatever skills I have in maths and comp sci. Compared to my peers I'm also not so good at maths anyway (if we're talking about grades I was definitely way below my peers as an undergraduate).

Despite falling into STEM, art is what I've always cared most about. I've never been super amazing at things like drawing, modelling and animation though, and I've desperately wanted to learn how to compose music (I persistently try, but of course music is one of the more abstract forms of art I think). That being said, I don't think it bothers me that much... even if I'm objectively quite a bad artist, I have enough skill to be able to express myself. That, along with the opportunity to actually express myself this way, is I think all I could ever ask for.

So I don't really care about having gifts or talents. I just want to be able to create things from the heart.

You don't need to be "good" at art, as long as you enjoy creating it it's good enough and likeminded people will enjoy what you create.
Florence Foster Jenkins is a perfect example of this.

If you want an easy musical genre to practice making music for I'd highly recommend creating Dungeon Synth music.
Music made by amateurs for amateurs Tongue
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid_, Different
(7th January 2024, 5:21 AM)~JBG~ Wrote: You don't need to be "good" at art, as long as you enjoy creating it it's good enough and likeminded people will enjoy what you create.
Florence Foster Jenkins is a perfect example of this.

I agree. I don't even really care if people enjoy what I create either, I just want to be able to make things that make me happy.

(7th January 2024, 5:21 AM)~JBG~ Wrote: If you want an easy musical genre to practice making music for I'd highly recommend creating Dungeon Synth music.
Music made by amateurs for amateurs Tongue

Thank you for the advice! I haven't really heard of dungeon synth before, but I'll check it out. This was the last attempt I had at composing, it's quite old (and short).

I really struggle with developing the (few) musical ideas that I have, so most of what I do ends up being really short melodies. One day I'd like to be able to write stuff that's good. Two composers in particular that I'm really inspired by are Yasunori Nishiki (known for the Octopath Traveller OST) and wintermute (relatively obscure vocaloid producer).

I think I'm also held back a bit by not knowing how to play any instruments. I plan to buy a keyboard when possible and start learning, hopefully that'll happen some time this year.
(7th January 2024, 7:24 AM)Delphinoid_ Wrote: Thank you for the advice! I haven't really heard of dungeon synth before, but I'll check it out. This was the last attempt I had at composing, it's quite old (and short).

I really struggle with developing the (few) musical ideas that I have, so most of what I do ends up being really short melodies. One day I'd like to be able to write stuff that's good. Two composers in particular that I'm really inspired by are Yasunori Nishiki (known for the Octopath Traveller OST) and wintermute (relatively obscure vocaloid producer).

I think I'm also held back a bit by not knowing how to play any instruments. I plan to buy a keyboard when possible and start learning, hopefully that'll happen some time this year.

I feel you, I struggle with the same thing, I've got a bunch of short snippets of songs scattered everywhere on my pc.

The melody you posted sounds good.

If you've got any thrift stores close to you you can usually pick up a cheap casio keyboard for next to nothing!
If you're lucky you might even find a cheap Midi keyboard, hook that bad boy up to a DAW and you've got the whole musical world at your fingertips!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid_
(7th January 2024, 5:09 AM)Delphinoid_ Wrote: Despite falling into STEM, art is what I've always cared most about. I've never been super amazing at things like drawing, modelling and animation though, and I've desperately wanted to learn how to compose music (I persistently try, but of course music is one of the more abstract forms of art I think). That being said, I don't think it bothers me that much... even if I'm objectively quite a bad artist, I have enough skill to be able to express myself. That, along with the opportunity to actually express myself this way, is I think all I could ever ask for.

Art isn't one of my strong suits, either, so you're not alone in this. This is why I've put off releasing the Aftermath hat because my imagination skills (when it comes to drawing) are quite limited. My imagination is greater in other, creative areas when it comes to expressing ideas. If you're truly passionate about something, then your ideas will flow, naturally because it came from the heart.

(7th January 2024, 7:24 AM)Delphinoid_ Wrote: I really struggle with developing the (few) musical ideas that I have, so most of what I do ends up being really short melodies. One day I'd like to be able to write stuff that's good. Two composers in particular that I'm really inspired by are Yasunori Nishiki (known for the Octopath Traveller OST) and wintermute (relatively obscure vocaloid producer).

As someone who is gifted in creating music, the best thing that I can tell you is to always train your ears. When you repeatedly listen to your favorite song, you're constantly pounding the melody and chords in your subconscious mind. Writing melodies is like learning how to create a game from scratch - You learn what tools you need, you test yourself to see where your strengths and weaknesses are, you develop a plan to dominate those weaknesses, then you come to a conclusion.

So, with music, it's better to grow accustomed to your favorite genre, gradually play along with your favorite song, listen to a bunch of songs on Spotify for creative ideas, and lastly it doesn't hurt to Google chord charts, scales and keys. I used to struggle with chords all the time, but now I'm pretty good at them.

Start off by playing the piano, it's the easiest instrument to play in the world. Don't worry about reading notes, just follow along with your favorite song. Here's an example, below.

(7th January 2024, 7:45 AM)~JBG~ Wrote: I feel you, I struggle with the same thing, I've got a bunch of short snippets of songs scattered everywhere on my pc.

Me, too. I can't even begin to tell you how many unfinished songs that I have on my DAW in FL Studio 21. Take baby steps and approach your weaknesses by breaking them down into chunks. A lot of times, we get songwriter's block because we're uncertain of how the verse, chorus, and bridge should turn out.

I think you might like this song, below.

• Delphinoid_
I'm not so sure about "natural" gifts/talents I have. Many skills can be attributed to one's upbringing or environment. Encouragement is a motivator for people to dedicate more time to a skill, which leads to improvement. Having access to people or resources which answer your questions is also important. I can source nearly all of my "gifts" to some external motivator. I care about results and opinions more than the process itself—I'll dedicate more time and effort into projects if others enjoy what I make. Others have different motivators. 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will. 5% pleasure, 50% pain. And 100% reason to be pedantic about what natural means.

Explaining your skills, and confidence in yourself, are also "skills" themselves. Valuable ones, at that—at least in hiring processes which aren't 100% merit-based, which means most of them. This line of thinking can be seen as selfish or cocky, which I'd imagine leads to a disparity in how much people develop these skills.

(6th January 2024, 10:18 PM)Delphinoid_ Wrote: I don't think I have any gifts / natural talents. Most of the skills I have are pretty amateurish, and I don't think "being interested in a lot of things" is really a talent.

I hope you're not undervaluing having a diverse set of interests. They expose you to a variety of ideas and communities and help develop interconnected skillsets (some of which may not be obvious). You're also introducing yourself to new opportunities to use these developed skills regularly (if you find fulfillment in not sucking at something). I find exploring diverse interests fulfilling, even if I consider myself amateur-ish regarding my hobbies. I've never regretted dedicating time to a hobby even if I'm not proud of my results. There's more than just personal benefits, too—others will appreciate when you share your knowledge, even if it's what you may consider "surface level".

To answer the thread (sort of), using the skills I developed to create things others enjoy or find helpful. I'm not particularly great at these individual skills, but I've found niches where my "amateur" skills I've developed (e.g. programming, art) have strengthened or even created communities—which motivates me to strengthen these skills further.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tbbm For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid_, Different
(7th January 2024, 3:24 PM)tbbm Wrote: I'm not so sure about "natural" gifts/talents I have. Many skills can be attributed to one's upbringing or environment. Encouragement is a motivator for people to dedicate more time to a skill, which leads to improvement. Having access to people or resources which answer your questions is also important. I can source nearly all of my "gifts" to some external motivator. I care about results and opinions more than the process itself—I'll dedicate more time and effort into projects if others enjoy what I make. Others have different motivators. 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will. 5% pleasure, 50% pain. And 100% reason to be pedantic about what natural means.

Explaining your skills, and confidence in yourself, are also "skills" themselves. Valuable ones, at that—at least in hiring processes which aren't 100% merit-based, which means most of them. This line of thinking can be seen as selfish or cocky, which I'd imagine leads to a disparity in how much people develop these skills.

I hope you're not undervaluing having a diverse set of interests. They expose you to a variety of ideas and communities and help develop interconnected skillsets (some of which may not be obvious). You're also introducing yourself to new opportunities to use these developed skills regularly (if you find fulfillment in not sucking at something). I find exploring diverse interests fulfilling, even if I consider myself amateur-ish regarding my hobbies. I've never regretted dedicating time to a hobby even if I'm not proud of my results. There's more than just personal benefits, too—others will appreciate when you share your knowledge, even if it's what you may consider "surface level".

To answer the thread (sort of), using the skills I developed to create things others enjoy or find helpful. I'm not particularly great at these individual skills, but I've found niches where my "amateur" skills I've developed (e.g. programming, art) have strengthened or even created communities—which motivates me to strengthen these skills further.

I will say this: surrounding yourself with intelligent, like-minded people will not only bring out the best in you, but also allow them to point out gifts or talents that you unknowingly possess. God has given every human being some sort of gift that they might not even know about because they haven't reached their full potential. I'm sure you have gifts and talents where you can accomplish things (that others can't) that would end up in the Guinness book of World Records.

On the other hand, I will agree with you that networking and resources is significant because it's a great opportunity to share your skills with people. When it comes to gifts, you just need to tap into your full potential (a lot of people haven't even done that, yet). But, it's never too late!

What kind of projects do you work on for a living?
(7th January 2024, 8:40 AM)Different Wrote: Art isn't one of my strong suits, either, so you're not alone in this. This is why I've put off releasing the Aftermath hat because my imagination skills (when it comes to drawing) are quite limited. My imagination is greater in other, creative areas when it comes to expressing ideas. If you're truly passionate about something, then your ideas will flow, naturally because it came from the heart.

Here are some of the most recent things I did. I never really finished any of them lol. I guess I can describe them from left to right. The first is a random drawing which started as something for Inktober that I couldn't be bothered finishing (I'm trying to get into Inktober again). The next is a picture of a couple of imaginary creatures I did for a game pitch, since a Discord server I'm in wanted to do a game dev thing. The next is my first (and so far only) attempt at modelling and rigging a humanoid. I've wanted to get into VTuber stuff, but I figured that if I jumped straight into modelling the character I wanted to use I'd probably make a lot of stupid mistakes, so I made a model of an older OC instead to learn with. I actually did end up learning a lot from it, since the face for this model is almost "unrigable". Finally on the bottom row is just an old thing from I-don't-know-how-many years ago - I think on a technical level it's a lot worse than what I can do now (although this may be subtle since I haven't exactly been improving quickly over the years) and I messed up a lot with it (wonky, weird proportions, tail in front of the wing, etc.), but I still like the idea and I'd like to redo it in the future.

[Image: SPOILER_recent1.png?ex=65ae0192&is=659b8...da62bd83b&][Image: SPOILER_swamp2.png?ex=65ae03c1&is=659b8e...7e1ae3102&] [Image: Fz3pq5FaIAEJ4CT?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
[Image: SPOILER_thing3.png?ex=65ae03c1&is=659b8e...1af73b4c8&]

The things I like to draw tend to be some mix of cute and creepy. I don't really care much for realism, which is probably good since I don't think I could do it if I tried!

(7th January 2024, 8:40 AM)Different Wrote: As someone who is gifted in creating music, the best thing that I can tell you is to always train your ears. When you repeatedly listen to your favorite song, you're constantly pounding the melody and chords in your subconscious mind. Writing melodies is like learning how to create a game from scratch - You learn what tools you need, you test yourself to see where your strengths and weaknesses are, you develop a plan to dominate those weaknesses, then you come to a conclusion.

So, with music, it's better to grow accustomed to your favorite genre, gradually play along with your favorite song, listen to a bunch of songs on Spotify for creative ideas, and lastly it doesn't hurt to Google chord charts, scales and keys. I used to struggle with chords all the time, but now I'm pretty good at them.

Start off by playing the piano, it's the easiest instrument to play in the world. Don't worry about reading notes, just follow along with your favorite song. Here's an example, below.

Thank you for the advice! I think the main thing with music is that, as I mentioned before, it's very abstract.

If I want to make a game, I can summarize it as a list of features, write down concrete tasks that need to be done to implement these features and so on. In coming up with a game idea, I can draw from games that came before in a very explicit way; genres like "platformer" or "shooter" correspond to specific features that, to some degree, have some amount of standardization in the way they're implemented, and almost every game can be reduced to some combination of ideas that came before it.

Even among the arts music is particularly abstract. If I want to draw something, I can describe what I intend the picture to depict, and that gives me something very tangible to work towards. If I want to compose music, well... I can't really say anything. Maybe I can say I want to compose a melancholy organ piece, for instance, but this is no more helpful than saying I want to create a melancholy oil painting. It can inspire the tools (instruments) and perhaps even the colour palette (key / chord progressions), but by itself it's almost a totally useless description.

Of course other arts can be abstract too - abstract paintings and abstract poetry exist, for instance - but yeah. It's sort of hard to describe why I struggle with music so much compared to other mediums, but maybe this gives some idea. I think I might also just currently lack the imagination to write really good music.
  • Different
(8th January 2024, 3:09 AM)Delphinoid_ Wrote: The next is my first (and so far only) attempt at modelling and rigging a humanoid. I've wanted to get into VTuber stuff, but I figured that if I jumped straight into modelling the character I wanted to use I'd probably make a lot of stupid mistakes, so I made a model of an older OC instead to learn with. I actually did end up learning a lot from it, since the face for this model is almost "unrigable".

[Image: Fz3pq5FaIAEJ4CT?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

The things I like to draw tend to be some mix of cute and creepy. I don't really care much for realism, which is probably good since I don't think I could do it if I tried!

Personally, I think this image is the best artwork that I've seen out of the three. It tells me that you've improved your craft and learned from your mistakes over the years. Normally when I do my research on anime characters, for some reason I get a lot of images from the Deviantart, website. I guess that's a popular website where people can truly express their designs if you know what I mean. But yeah, man, the model looks like something that I would normally see in an anime cartoon.

It's pretty decent, just a small, imperfect indication regarding the hair overlapping the left eye.

(8th January 2024, 3:09 AM)Delphinoid_ Wrote: Thank you for the advice! I think the main thing with music is that, as I mentioned before, it's very abstract.

Even among the arts music is particularly abstract. If I want to draw something, I can describe what I intend the picture to depict, and that gives me something very tangible to work towards. If I want to compose music, well... I can't really say anything. Maybe I can say I want to compose a melancholy organ piece, for instance, but this is no more helpful than saying I want to create a melancholy oil painting. It can inspire the tools (instruments) and perhaps even the colour palette (key / chord progressions), but by itself it's almost a totally useless description.

Of course other arts can be abstract too - abstract paintings and abstract poetry exist, for instance - but yeah. It's sort of hard to describe why I struggle with music so much compared to other mediums, but maybe this gives some idea. I think I might also just currently lack the imagination to write really good music.

Well, it's like I've said before: Music is all about telling a story. Yes, it's very abstract, but at the same time, it was never meant to be tangible. Primarily this is because it was meant for you to improve your listening skills. For instance, you can hear hundreds of things within your environment that surround you. Then you go and tell the story based on what you thought those things were, where were you when they happened, and how did they affect you, emotionally.

Another example: Ultimately, with music, you're telling everyone, 'Hey, I just had the best day of my life because X offered me a job doing computer art earning six figures a year'. So, what you can do is express your emotions musically, by describing how you felt about getting a job making six figures a year doing computer art. So, this is the song that everyone can relate to, when you're expressing blissful emotions.

Pay attention to how uplifting the melody sounds, how the chords sound blissful, and how the bass is very uplifting as well. Notice he's telling a story about current or past circumstances of him being happy.

THIS site is a good place for you to start learning how emotions and storytelling coordinate with music through piano keys (the easiest instrument to play in the world). Struggling with chords?... HERE you go.

Let me know if you need any more further, clarification.
I really don't attribute any skills to myself, unless spamming counts. Some people think I am good at storytelling, but I don't know. There isn't much I would consider myself exceptionally gifted at.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
(8th January 2024, 4:27 PM)Mia Wrote: I really don't attribute any skills to myself, unless spamming counts. Some people think I am good at storytelling, but I don't know. There isn't much I would consider myself exceptionally gifted at.

From what I've seen, your storytelling is on a significantly, high level. I'd say it's a gift. Don't sell yourself short, bro. You're worth more than you give yourself credit for. I made a reference to you because you're probably the greatest storyteller on this site. It's like you have the ability to persuade people and resonate with them on a deeper level.
  • Mia