Poll: You have only one option to deal with a large adversity in your life. How would you deal with it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Just deal with it, anyway, even though it’s risky.
0%
0 0%
It really depends on the circumstance.
50.00%
1 50.00%
I’d avoid it in every way possible, if I could.
0%
0 0%
I’m horrible at dealing with adversities, so I’d back off like a coward.
0%
0 0%
Well, I can’t live in fear of the uncertainty of the situation forever. So, I’d develop a calculated plan to deal with it. Well, I can’t live in fear of the uncertainty of the situation forever. So, I’d develop a calculated plan to deal with it.
50.00%
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

☠️ FEAR ☠️
[Image: EAPQ0kp.jpg]

How many times have you ever felt pressured into doing something, or you're intimidated because the risk is greater than you can handle? It's already predetermined that you could fall off the ladder and split your brains open because the ladder is incredibly unstable, old, and rusty. The odds of successfully climbing the ladder (to reach our goals) to the top is about 0.1%. 99.9% will suffer from a FATAL DEATH by falling off the ladder. Sometimes, risky things will cost us our life. But is it worth it? Can you do it? What are the risk rewards? You shouldn't dismiss everything that's risky because then you're telling me that you're fine with living in fear, and you'll probably never accomplish all your goals. Goals come with risks, depending on what it is.

Conquering those sweet odds will get you far ahead of your competitors. But not if you sit there wondering whether you can do it or not. You could probably pull off special abilities that others can't. You could end up on a level that everyone else thought was unfathomable. But, it's risky business, man. You feel like you have no other options. Not every circumstance is worth risking your precious life and time over, obviously. But, you never know the outcome until you try it.

You see when we're faced with adversities, the inevitable, and uncertainties in life... our backs are up against the wall and we're forced to break out of our comfort zones. It doesn't matter what you're going through. If there's a problem that you need to deal with, immediately, then you have no choice but to break free of your comfort zone and deal with it. Otherwise, it'll destroy your life. A lot of us don't even realize that we're our own worst enemy, and that our comfort zones are also the root of our problems.

When you constantly feed your comfort zone (the subconscious) with everything nice and lovely, you'll end up harming yourself in the long run because the reality of the world is far from nice and lovely. This is how people end up developing weak mindsets because they're far too intimidated to deal with problems, and they're constantly thinking about what might happen. There's nothing wrong with things that are nice and lovely. But, in this world, there needs to be a balance where you learn to deal with nasty receipts because the finer things in life are accommodated with risky, unpleasant business. I get it, not every decision is a smart one. But, that's not the case with every circumstance in life. It's just like running a business - you take risks if you want to be rich, correct? You can't have a weak mindset and say I can't do it, or I'm too depressed because business (including adversities) is emotionless.

If someone told you that there are 10 million dollars on top of a 6-story building, and all you had to do was conquer your fear of heights by climbing the ladder (with BLOODSTAINS on it), would you do it? What's the situation? - You're completely broke, you're in negative $10k, you have no skills, you're unemployed, you have no friends and family to bail you out, your credit score is 350, you're $1 million dollars in credit card and student loan debt, and you're homeless. You need to take action, immediately!

Having that said, are you really going to back away like a damn coward knowing what's at stake, or are you going to step up and conquer your fear of heights? No one knows why the BLOODSTAINS are on the ladder, or the ground. Could be related to fatal deaths of falling, suicide, or anything. Is it worth it for $10 million, though? If you make it to the top, you get to collect the money and exit the safe way through the building. If you fall, it's over. You don't have to do it, but you may not have a choice.

My perspective is that sometimes we all have to take risks to reach our goals and make it to the next level. There's just no way around it, only up. Yes, not every risky decision is worth it. But, what will you do when you're left with no other options? Are you going to crawl under your blanket and bundle up like a damn coward, or are you going to face adversity knowing that you could potentially get rid of a heavy weight that's on your shoulders? The choice is yours.

[Image: KBqMyTM.jpg]

Sometimes we get caught up in a dangerous territory that we're not even supposed to be in. Sometimes our loved ones do the same thing to us. The sign says "Beware of the lion", yet you chose to walk up that dark and gruesome stairway because you wanted to see what was at the top. You keep telling yourself that you're intrepid and I'm that guy, but when the lion starts roaring, your skin turns pale and you begin to faint. Reality is, you're not that guy. However, you can become that guy by conquering your fear of adversity.

Yeah, you didn't know there was a lion in that doorway, huh?! You weren't even paying attention to the sign. It's pretty obvious by the BLOODSTAINS on the stairs. This lion will rip the bones out of your rib cage and leave you a bloody shell of a man! Why? - Because he's got malice running through his veins, he's got a black heart, and he takes no prisoners! Now obviously when we hear that first, intimidating roar, we're not going to continue walking up the stairs like a damn fool; we're going to go back down and leave. But why would you go up there in the first place? It's because your daughter decided to disobey you and go all the way upstairs anyway, and now she's terrified to go back down because of the lion. Simultaneously, you're left baffled at how she even snuck past the lion in the first place.

[Image: 0NHimBn.gif]

Do you see how our loved ones can place us in great danger? You have no choice but to go upstairs and rescue her, now. The lion hears your footsteps, you can see him staring at you through the darkness with those sinister, nefarious yellow eyes... and you can just sense that he's ready to kill you. At that point, you know you've ****ed up because you have awoken the beast; the king of the jungle! Think about your daughter! Think about what's going to happen when the lion gets his ruthless hands on her! "Daddy, help me!"

The only weapons you have are a shield and a spear. Do you choose to fight, or do you choose to back away like a coward knowing your daughter is in trouble? Do you see my point? There are just some things in life that we simply cannot avoid. You either fight through adversity or get slaughtered. There is no other option.

[Image: G8uRsZ6.jpg]

You cannot become a warrior if you're a pacifist who's reluctant to resort to violent tactics. Warriors aren't born, they're made! There is always somebody who will push your buttons! Do not allow your insecurities to dominate you because you could be facing a life-or-death, situation. No one is coming to your rescue! You either fight through adversities and deal with it like a man, or get slaughtered in the process. Are you really going to let your enemy slaughter you because you refuse to fight?? Think about your daughters' future, think about yours. Don't shiver in fear, use your sword to slayeth' the beast! If you ever want to see the light of day again, then you'll learn to deal with this gargantuan problem. You might not agree with what I'm saying, but I could care less. You tell me what would you do. One option only, folks.

[Image: EEe1rtk.jpg]

Scan the environment for a second, here. What do you see? I see an extremely long, dark, narrow, and gruesome stairway. Now, why the hell would I ever want to go up there in the first place? It's because something very valuable awaits me up there, and I'm curious to know what it is. Now, unfortunately, there is something ominous around the upper corner to the right-hand side. We don't know what it is.

Suppose it's a large boulder waiting to crush you. If you've ever played Dark Souls and made it to Sen's Fortress, then you know what I'm talking about. Normally it'd be a bad idea, and incredibly ignorant to consider walking up those stairs knowing that you could potentially get crushed. Yes, there are some circumstances in life where you'll have more than one option to deal with adversity. But, you may not always have time to think about it because it may require you to think and act, quickly. You can't just avoid these things. Just like your nightmares and adversities, they always find a way to make themselves present in your life until you learn to deal with them.

So, tell me something, folks... If you've encountered a serious problem, and you only had one option to deal with it, would you do it? How you deal with problems is discretionary. Before you develop any differences of opinion, ask yourselves what would you do in a situation like this. The enemy is bigger, taller, stronger, meaner, and tougher than you. Remember, you only have one option.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden
If you only have one option, then you will take it.
Otherwise you will just do what you feel like doing.

For example, some people feel like sleeping in on the weekends, so they do.
But on weekdays, they have no choice but to get up early every day or they will be late for work, so they do.

I think it also depends on how important the thing is to you. If something is important enough, then you will find a way to achieve it.
If you normally go to the gym on the weekends, then sleeping in will just cause you to miss one workout session.
But if you sleep in on a weekday, you could possibly lose your source of income.
One of these is more important, so they put more effort into making sure they don't miss it.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(25th January 2024, 8:22 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: If you only have one option, then you will take it.
Otherwise you will just do what you feel like doing.

For example, some people feel like sleeping in on the weekends, so they do.
But on weekdays, they have no choice but to get up early every day or they will be late for work, so they do.

I think it also depends on how important the thing is to you. If something is important enough, then you will find a way to achieve it.
If you normally go to the gym on the weekends, then sleeping in will just cause you to miss one workout session.
But if you sleep in on a weekday, you could possibly lose your source of income.
One of these is more important, so they put more effort into making sure they don't miss it.

That's exactly right. Doing the hard things will grant you rewards later, even if you don't feel like it. Example: Back is killing me. Job pays me six figures, annually. I think I could fight through the back pain adversity for a job like that.