Poll: Where would you rate your writing skills?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Noob/I don’t know anything: 0 - 0.99
0%
0 0%
Rookie: 1.0 - 1.49
0%
0 0%
Developing: 1.50 - 2.49
25.00%
1 25.00%
Approaching Proficiency: 2.50 - 3.49
0%
0 0%
Proficient: 3.50 - 4.49
0%
0 0%
Advanced: 4.50 - 4.99
0%
0 0%
Master/Writing Prodigy: 5.0+
75.00%
3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

JV WRITING TIPS PREVIEW 🤔
[Image: 3BRsDOX.gif]

I've got something very special in the vault that I'm going to release, probably next month. What can you expect? You can expect me to teach you how to become a creative writer on JV, why you're writing, winning your audience over, common rookie mistakes to avoid, and how to dominate writer's block. This stuff is highly significant because it requires you to be receptive to it if you really want to learn. It's a thread that's specially formulated for JV. Think of it as a special formula to win your audience over, create relationships, and make threads last longer.

I get it... becoming a good writer is very frustrating. Especially when it's your first time. When you don't get any replies on your threads, you're receiving the cold shoulder. You're perplexed as to what you did wrong. Even negative comments can destroy your character and make you quit. This is why I'm going to teach you how to improve your writing, what the root causes are, and why your threads suck and die in less than a day.

Naysayer 1: But Different, your threads are too long.

Naysayer 2: But Different, your threads don't get a lot of replies.

Naysayer 3: But Different, it's hard for me to follow along.

Naysayer 4: But Different, I find your tone disgusting and exasperating to read.

Naysayer 5: But Different, your threads suck.

Look, I'm not a writing prodigy, & my writing IQ isn't the greatest. However, I know the JV audience better than you think I do. So why do some of my threads end up raising a red flag in one (if not many) of the above naysayers? It's because I slack off and write, carelessly. I do a lot of freewriting and just say whatever comes to mind without considering what the audience wants or how they'll react to it. It's very difficult to appeal to an audience that is skewed mostly towards Platform Racing 2. These are the 7 things that you need to learn about JV's audience before you begin writing:

[Image: G8Tyq8X.gif]

1. They will skim read.

2. They have better things to do.

3. They want to be hooked, right away.

4. They are lurkers instead of chit-chatterers.

5. They want short threads that get straight to the point.

6. The majority of them gravitate towards Platform Racing 2.

7. The majority of them do not like to read long threads and articles.

You can expect this kind of behavior from the JV audience, as a norm. Unless you have some high-level standing, you're a writing prodigy, or you're well-respected like the community ambassadors or staff members, then you might as well get prepared to suffer from writers' death. Trust me, you'll get crickets in your threads pretty often, especially if you're a newbie. Can you create threads that are short?... sure. But they usually don't last very long, unless they're CONTROVERSIAL. You can also expect people to say "Tl;dr". This acronym is very disrespectful, especially if you want them to read what you've written. You can choose to call them out on it or ignore them because they obviously don't have anything nice to say.

It's very difficult to win people over. I have had some PROFOUND threads that have reached a stratospheric growth rate over the years, and some have completely SUBMERGED UNDERWATER. But, I don't give up because if so, then I've already suffered from writer's death in the process. One more thing to add to that: you will get negative comments on at least one of your threads that involve deconstructive criticisms, or judgmental comments that are harsh depending on what kind of thread you create. If they wrote ridiculously long and harsh statements about why they find your thread distasteful and disparaging, then just remember that you're not obligated to address each of those statements. Just respond to the most prominent ones or choose to ignore them.

So why am I doing this? So that you, the writer, do not make the same mistakes that I did. Learning from your failures will help you grow in the writing process. Think of this as a small taste of an enormous abundance of information that I will release in the full thread. If you enjoy that, then I'll teach you how to deal with negative comments.

[Image: wHCVEvp.gif]

When I'm done teaching you guys, you're going to flow through the creative writing process, effortlessly. Then people are going to be instantly hooked with your threads because you said something that really peaked their interest. Stay tuned because this upcoming thread is going to be a lot to read. I get it... 95% of you don't like to read long threads or articles. But if you really want to improve your writing skills, then it's crucial that you follow along and be receptive to the free information given to you.
English was my worst subject at school. I usually got about 70-79% on my essays, and my vocabulary is micro, so I would say I am pretty bad.

And since it becomes harder to learn things as you get older, I probably won't be able to improve very much Frown

Probably the best example of writing I have seen on this site is in this thread. It's quite long, but it's an enjoyable read. The storytelling is exceptional.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ Different
(26th January 2024, 7:56 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: English was my worst subject at school. I usually got about 70-79% on my essays, and my vocabulary is micro, so I would say I am pretty bad.

And since it becomes harder to learn things as you get older, I probably won't be able to improve very much Frown

Probably the best example of writing I have seen on this site is in this thread. It's quite long, but it's an enjoyable read. The storytelling is exceptional.

Don't worry, by the time I'm done teaching you how to improve your writing skills, you'll reach the "Approaching Proficiency" level in no time. Writing is an art that takes time to master. It's really all about telling a story and how you tell it that resonates with people.

As for that long thread, I see that he's used pictures to help the audience resonate with his story (which is a strong step in the creative writing process), but he failed to resonate with his audience on his storytelling because he didn't tell us what the thread was all about in the intro. So because of his hard work and determination, I'd say it's pretty exceptional. I've been there, before. It's tough to win these people over, I get. That's why I'm here to help.