[Suggestion] Bowler Hat
After seeing Eternal's post about hats, I felt like this would be a great time to introduce PR2 to what its been missing the entire time and an idea I've had for a while: the Bowler Hat!

Ability: Similar to Oddjob from the James Bond series, players who wear the bowler hat can throw it out to a range of around ~7ish blocks, which then returns back to the player. It acts as any other weapon. The bowler hat's ability takes up the item slot of the player wearing it, having one use. This use however recharges over a certain time period. Normal items will override the item slot, giving the player the chance to still use regular items in case the level requires it.

How to Earn: This section can honestly be whatever the community wishes it to be. Random level, F@H points, or a specific level. Maybe even a contest. All I ask is that I get it for free

Looks: Pretty simple, really. Looks like any typical bowler hat one may see, with a tiny bow and ribbon wrapped around the base of the hat. The hat itself is the normal color option the player has, with the epic upgrade being able to color the bow and ribbon.

-------------------------------

I think that's basically everything that goes into a hat. Potentially OP? Maybe, but I'm not the one who would be putting it in, so they can do the fine-tune balancing Wink
life can be cut short. try to enjoy it.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ~Bowl For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
~bowl4mod

I like the idea of the hat, but I still think the way it works is better off as an item.

Like a boomarang or summat
bump since its possible now, get on it bls
(also can someone move this)
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ~Bowl For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
ooh I like this combo, a weapon and a hat, yeah I think the DMing community would like this. it could be seen as a sort of sibling to the top hat too, which would be cool!
If it were to break Brick Blocks like a regular weapon, I wouldn’t support it - would break a lot of levels. But if it were a simple, somewhat sluggish short range option (e.g., maybe 4-5 blocks instead of 7) that only affected players, I could definitely see the use - in four player races, it would make others keep a considerable distance from you. Having it be an easy long-range option would probably be frustrating, so keeping it a small distance counterattack that requires a charge would have its use.

My question is though, what happens if you get multiple Bowler Hats? How does the in-game item display handle that?
(28th November 2018, 6:59 PM)Northadox Wrote: If it were to break Brick Blocks like a regular weapon, I wouldn’t support it - would break a lot of levels. But if it were a simple, somewhat sluggish short range option (e.g., maybe 4-5 blocks instead of 7) that only affected players, I could definitely see the use - in four player races, it would make others keep a considerable distance from you. Having it be an easy long-range option would probably be frustrating, so keeping it a small distance counterattack that requires a charge  would have its use.

My question is though, what happens if you get multiple Bowler Hats? How does the in-game item display handle that?

I don't see how it breaking brick blocks would ruin levels if it also didn't travel through blocks which is what i intended. The range is up for debate, i don't know much about balance so yeah lol. but multiple bowler hats could increase the range maybe, and have the in game item display only handle one?