Poll: What’s your favorite fast food joint to eat fried chicken at?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
KFC
42.86%
3 42.86%
Bojangles
0%
0 0%
Wingstop
0%
0 0%
Popeyes
0%
0 0%
Church’s Texas Chicken
0%
0 0%
Jack in the Box
0%
0 0%
I’m a vegan
14.29%
1 14.29%
I’d rather fry or grill my chicken at home
14.29%
1 14.29%
I don’t eat fried chicken because it’s unhealthy
14.29%
1 14.29%
I have a different fast food joint that l like to eat fried chicken at
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

FRIED CHICKEN 🍗
[Image: qP3gFP7.jpeg]

Are y'all hungry?! Well, I hope so! It's been a while since I've done one of THESE threads, hasn't it? No one's mentioned FRIED CHICKEN yet, so I will! You see, there's nothing more satisfying than sinking your teeth into some juicy, scrumptious, crispy, crunchy, golden brown, SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN 😋 When all that deep-fried, juicy grease sinks into your taste buds from the finger-lickin' FRIED CHICKEN, then you'll meet a high level of satisfaction that is not only remarkable, but indescribably delicious. Special ingredients formulated just for you to serve a mission to instantaneously make you fall in love. In my perspective, the best part about sinking your teeth into FRIED CHICKEN is the crunchiness of the juicy, golden brown skin. Just tearing that skin apart is so scrumptious. But of course, this wouldn't be complete without picking your favorite sides to go with it along with your favorite, iced cold beverage.

But here's the thing: some of us are so exhausted from work that we don't even feel like frying any chicken at home. So what do we do? We end up going to a fast food restaurant for many reasons: 1. Because of the reason stated above. 2. Because it's fast and affordable. 3. Because they cook their chicken in a way that instantaneously gratifies our taste buds like no other restaurant does. Not everybody fries that juicy golden brown FRIED CHICKEN in the deep fryer in the way that we want them to. Everybody is different, so there are certain ingredients in the chicken that attracts us more than others do.

Stop playin' with me man. I know y'all have a favorite fast food joint that y'all love to go to. KFC, Bojangles, Popeyes, Church's, Wingstop, where you at?! Some people might say that certain pieces of chicken is so damn, finger-lickin' good that it'll make you slap the shit outta yo mama. Idk, maybe some of y'all don't even enjoy the taste of FRIED CHICKEN and would rather eat healthy. Some of you are vegans and would rather not eat any meat at all. What do you guys think of FRIED CHICKEN?

WARNING: SUBCONSCIOUS TEMPTATIONS 🍗
(6th March 2024, 8:47 AM)Different Wrote: We end up going to a fast food restaurant for many reasons: 2. Because it's fast and affordable. 
This is actually false. Going out for fast-food quickly adds up versus making food at home, especially meal prepping in bulk.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
(6th March 2024, 7:08 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: This is actually false. Going out for fast-food quickly adds up versus making food at home, especially meal prepping in bulk.

I'd say they're about a 50-50 split. Even if you were to prepare a meal at home, the cost of grocery is even more expensive nowadays.
I just don't really like fried chicken
Not vegan/vegetarian and it's not about how healthy it is either, I just don't really like it
ĂĄ
(6th March 2024, 9:31 PM)Different Wrote: I'd say they're about a 50-50 split. Even if you were to prepare a meal at home, the cost of grocery is even more expensive nowadays.

Groceries have gone up in price but fast food has also gone up, a home meal should still be much less expensive than getting fast food (I'm sure there's exceptions though)

To answer the thread, I'm not real big on fried chicken and haven't tried most of the places in the poll but the couple times I've had Popeyes I really liked it (the first time at least, don't remember much of the 2nd). Chick-fil-A is a big option you missed, but I'll say I don't really like Chick-fil-A based on the times I've had it
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  â€˘ Uptight 534
Fast food is still one of the cheapest options if you don't feel like cooking.
If you think fast food is too expensive, then there's really nowhere else you can go.

I like KFC because it is dirt cheap and the flavor of their Original Recipe chicken is amazing and no other place has anything like it.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  â€˘ Different
(7th March 2024, 5:28 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I just don't really like fried chicken
Not vegan/vegetarian and it's not about how healthy it is either, I just don't really like it

What about grilled chicken or baked? Do any of those things peak your taste buds, or would you prefer fish or something?

(7th March 2024, 6:33 AM)David Wrote: Groceries have gone up in price but fast food has also gone up, a home meal should still be much less expensive than getting fast food (I'm sure there's exceptions though)

To answer the thread, I'm not real big on fried chicken and haven't tried most of the places in the poll but the couple times I've had Popeyes I really liked it (the first time at least, don't remember much of the 2nd). Chick-fil-A is a big option you missed, but I'll say I don't really like Chick-fil-A based on the times I've had it

It really depends on what you consider to be expensive. You can get a 2 piece dinner at Bojangles for about $6.45 I think. On the other hand, I think when it comes to poultry, we can agree that it's probably some of the most expensive items on the food market. I heard even eggs have gone up to $9 (correct me if I'm wrong).

Popeyes is delicious. Their chicken sandwiches had people fall in love with them. Yeah, Chick-fil-A isn't all that great to me. Their customer service is phenomenal, but I swear it's like their food menu items haven't changed in centuries. What was it about Chick-fil-A that you didn't like? I will say this: their fries needs some seasoning on them.

(7th March 2024, 8:30 AM)Master Raiden Wrote: Fast food is still one of the cheapest options if you don't feel like cooking.
If you think fast food is too expensive, then there's really nowhere else you can go.

I like KFC because it is dirt cheap and the flavor of their Original Recipe chicken is amazing and no other place has anything like it.

Exactly. By the time you're done buying grocery, your bill is a lot more than what you normally put in your gas tank. Bojangles is the cheapest I've gone to.

KFC is finger licking' good. I can't believe it took the Kernel 11 spices to make that famous, KFC chicken. So if you were hungry, and you couldn't get near a KFC, what would be your second choice and why?

---

@Uptight 534 I know you like fried chicken, man. There had to be at least one fast food chain that you enjoyed going to before.
(6th March 2024, 9:31 PM)Different Wrote: I'd say they're about a 50-50 split. Even if you were to prepare a meal at home, the cost of grocery is even more expensive nowadays.

Definition of "cool story, bro" wall of text right below.

Note: All these are pre-tax, store-brand from my local basic supermarket, and in Freedom Units™ (do not feel like converting). Taking this extremely basic recipe from AllRecipes: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/8805/c...d-chicken/. Right now at my supermarket, a whole 4 pound chicken would be $9.96 ($2.49/lb), 64 oz of buttermilk is $3.49 (tangent, this could be cheaper with milk + white vinegar), five pounds of flour is $2.99, and 128 oz of vegetable oil is $9.99. I am not even going to count the price of salt/pepper/paprika. 

For sides, two pounds of brown rice is $2.39 and a 1.5 lb package of frozen green beans is $2.59 (throw seasonings/sauce on these sides or whatever, it is minuscule in cost). Let's say we use one serving for each chicken meal. I usually get four to five meals out of the green beans and about eight to ten from the rice. Just going to say water for drink (I drink from the tap, so my whatever my water bill is (very low)).

Grand total is $31.41. Recipe says 8 servings (seems very high, I am going to say ~3-4, depending on how much you eat (two-three chicken pieces each meal).You will be able to have everything, except the chicken for future times you have to meal prep. Say we are conservative and this gives you three meals, that is $10.47 per meal. My local Church's is $24.99 for an 8 piece mixed fried chicken dinner with four biscuits and one large side (assuming 2 breasts, 2 wings, 2 thighs, and 2 drumsticks; do not know weight, so there is the major error. Also, fast-food places usually split the breasts in half, so you get more breast meat on the homemade one). Say we get three meals, that will be $8.33 per meal. Also, assuming tap water for drink. $10.47 versus $8.33.

Looks like fast food is cheaper, but wait! You still have enough flour, oil, buttermilk, and spices for another meal prep. All you need is another $9.96 chicken. Now grand total is $41.37 (initial purchase, plus second chicken) and you can get six meals for a price of $6.90. After this second meal prep, you will need  to purchase more flour and oil (going to say, the AllRecipes recipes seems to use a little too much of the flour and oil, so you may get more meals out of one purchase).

Let's say you want to be a madlad and DoorDash it, the price will be $32.49 pre-checkout and $43.51 post-check out for one meal. I am not even going to break down the math on this one.

To summarize, yes, the initial purchase at the supermarket may be more (homemade $10.47/meal versus Church's $8.33/meal), but once you purchase staple ingredients in bulk (flour, oil, vinegar, spices/seasonings, sauces, eggs, breadcrumbs, etc.), the savings start to show in the long run (adding a second chicken makes the homemade meal $6.90/meal versus Church's $8.33/meal (total of six meals here). I am also not going to touch on the nutritional health/value of this homemade version versus Church's.

Big errors in this, I do not know the weight of the Church's eight pieces of chicken, so I do not know the cost/weight ratio between Church's and homemade. Also, this does not factor in initial opportunity cost of getting kitchen equipment. I also have no dietary restrictions, so I can go with regular cheapo-depot groceries (e.g., lactose-intolerant person may have to buy a more expensive lactose-free milk). Looked it up for shiggles, Church's "Spicy" varieties do not have dairy, according to their nutrition sheet: https://www.churchs.com/wp-content/uploa...120121.pdf. You will be SOL if you have Celiac Disease, though.

This took me about 1.5 hours to do, and I am punched out. Sorry my thoughts are all over the place, so let me know if there are any errors. 

(7th March 2024, 9:26 AM)Different Wrote: @Uptight 534 I know you like fried chicken, man. There had to be at least one fast food chain that you enjoyed going to before.

Reasons stated above why I do not get fast food, plus there are many local restaurants that have the same thing at a much better quality (last time in general was about six months ago at Chipotle). Last time I got fried chicken out was either at a local Nashville hot chicken or a Chinese restaurant, which both blew the socks off any fast-food place. In general, I do not eat fried stuff to begin with due to health and cost (baked or grilled chicken with only seasonings/sauce is significantly cheaper and better for your health). To answer your question, Popeye's for fast-food.

Note, I am not a miser and do go out to eat, but at local sit-down restaurants about two-three times a month.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  â€˘ Different
FRIEEEED CHICKEN
MM MM IT'S FINGER-LICKIN' GOOD

I don't know why I responded to this.. I don't really eat fried anything. But I sure do love me some chicken.
(7th March 2024, 6:54 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote:
Definition of "cool story, bro" wall of text right below.

Note: All these are pre-tax, store-brand from my local basic supermarket, and in Freedom Units™ (do not feel like converting). Taking this extremely basic recipe from AllRecipes: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/8805/c...d-chicken/. Right now at my supermarket, a whole 4 pound chicken would be $9.96 ($2.49/lb), 64 oz of buttermilk is $3.49 (tangent, this could be cheaper with milk + white vinegar), five pounds of flour is $2.99, and 128 oz of vegetable oil is $9.99. I am not even going to count the price of salt/pepper/paprika. 

For sides, two pounds of brown rice is $2.39 and a 1.5 lb package of frozen green beans is $2.59 (throw seasonings/sauce on these sides or whatever, it is minuscule in cost). Let's say we use one serving for each chicken meal. I usually get four to five meals out of the green beans and about eight to ten from the rice. Just going to say water for drink (I drink from the tap, so my whatever my water bill is (very low)).

Grand total is $31.41. Recipe says 8 servings (seems very high, I am going to say ~3-4, depending on how much you eat (two-three chicken pieces each meal).You will be able to have everything, except the chicken for future times you have to meal prep. Say we are conservative and this gives you three meals, that is $10.47 per meal. My local Church's is $24.99 for an 8 piece mixed fried chicken dinner with four biscuits and one large side (assuming 2 breasts, 2 wings, 2 thighs, and 2 drumsticks; do not know weight, so there is the major error. Also, fast-food places usually split the breasts in half, so you get more breast meat on the homemade one). Say we get three meals, that will be $8.33 per meal. Also, assuming tap water for drink. $10.47 versus $8.33.

Looks like fast food is cheaper, but wait! You still have enough flour, oil, buttermilk, and spices for another meal prep. All you need is another $9.96 chicken. Now grand total is $41.37 (initial purchase, plus second chicken) and you can get six meals for a price of $6.90. After this second meal prep, you will need  to purchase more flour and oil (going to say, the AllRecipes recipes seems to use a little too much of the flour and oil, so you may get more meals out of one purchase).

This grocery plan that you've put together is pretty well thought-out. This sounds like somebody who's being preservative of the items that are left over for the rest of the week. But then it boils down to how many meals you eat every day, how long can you make this stuff last, etc. For a one-time meal, fast food is cheaper. But, for a long-term meal, I'll hand it to you and say that preparing a home-cooked meal (once you get your ingredients) is the wisest decision even though it's still more expensive.

(7th March 2024, 6:54 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: I also have no dietary restrictions, so I can go with regular cheapo-depot groceries (e.g., lactose-intolerant person may have to buy a more expensive lactose-free milk). Looked it up for shiggles, Church's "Spicy" varieties do not have dairy, according to their nutrition sheet: https://www.churchs.com/wp-content/uploa...120121.pdf. You will be SOL if you have Celiac Disease, though.[/font][/color]

Not so fast, pal. I'm willing to bet that that nutrition sheet is a lie. I'm not saying you are, I'm saying that fast food joints are very crafty and deceiving when it comes to hiding ingredients into their food products. Whenever they tell you that something is "dairy free", you best believe that there's another ingredient in there that's just as bad as milk and egg (when it comes to lactose-intolerant people). Things like 'yeast' and 'MSG' can certainly be substitutes for 'milk' and 'egg'. Also, the 'wheat' that they used is GMO, which is all designed to corrupt your stomach (if you have gastrointestinal problems).

(7th March 2024, 6:54 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: Reasons stated above why I do not get fast food, plus there are many local restaurants that have the same thing at a much better quality (last time in general was about six months ago at Chipotle). Last time I got fried chicken out was either at a local Nashville hot chicken or a Chinese restaurant, which both blew the socks off any fast-food place. In general, I do not eat fried stuff to begin with due to health and cost (baked or grilled chicken with only seasonings/sauce is significantly cheaper and better for your health). To answer your question, Popeye's for fast-food.

Note, I am not a miser and do go out to eat, but at local sit-down restaurants about two-three times a month.

Any restaurants similar to Chipotle is definitely a healthier choice. I could say the same thing about Alpaca Peruvian Charcoal Chicken. They do have gluten-free options for those who refuse to tolerate gluten into their bodies. Speaking of a Chinese restaurant (or something similar), you should try going to PF Chang's. Damn, their food is really good. It's expensive as hell, but it's really good.

Ahh yes, Popeye's is another great choice! I always order the #1 combo with fries and a frozen, mango lemonade.

(9th March 2024, 5:41 PM)Magniloquent Wrote: FRIEEEED CHICKEN
MM MM IT'S FINGER-LICKIN' GOOD

I don't know why I responded to this.. I don't really eat fried anything. But I sure do love me some chicken.

Grilled or baked?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  â€˘ Uptight 534
(7th March 2024, 9:26 AM)Different Wrote: What was it about Chick-fil-A that you didn't like?

Their chicken wasn't very crispy from what I remember and might've been kinda bland
KFC was the reason I went vegan, actually. Anyway, I do eat plant-based chicken. I really want to try Atlas Monroe, but the cost is holding me back.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
(13th March 2024, 2:35 AM)Mia Wrote: KFC was the reason I went vegan, actually. Anyway, I do eat plant-based chicken. I really want to try Atlas Monroe, but the cost is holding me back.

How did KFC influence you to eat plant-based chicken?
(13th March 2024, 2:42 AM)Different Wrote: How did KFC influence you to eat plant-based chicken?

I just want to preface this by saying I don't want to get in an argument about veganism with anyone. I'm just answering the question.

I was at the park watching the birds with my mom. We had stopped off at KFC beforehand and were eating it at a picnic table. Then suddenly, it just hit me. How can I enjoy watching birds and eat them at the same time? The solution to my ethical dilemma was to give up meat altogether. That was about 5 years ago and I haven't looked back.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  â€˘ Uptight 534
@Mia @Uptight 534 This is the first time that I've ever seen this many guests on my thread (FRIED CHICKEN 🍗) . How do I know that there were that many guests on my thread? Well, just pay attention to the order of people who visited this thread.

[Image: 6yHU1TB.png]