Poll: Do you love to vape?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I love it!
0%
0 0%
Oh hell no! Vaping is bad for you!
100.00%
8 100.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

VAPE πŸπŸ”‹
[Image: hPlgQxM.jpeg]

Vaping has become increasingly popular since 2014. But why is it that people vape so much? It's like everywhere you go, you see them smoking a variety of different flavors using a vape pod or a vape mod. They literally tell you that there's NICOTINE in these things, yet you still smoke them. You know you're going to become addicted because NICOTINE is an "addictive chemical". So despite people saying that e-cigarettes are "safer" than tobacco, it doesn't mean that it's safe in general.

If you're an experienced vaper, then you probably use vaping mods instead of the beginner-friendly, vaping pods. Some people do not know when to quit, man. According to Vape Deal, "Lower nicotine levels, like 3 mg/mL or 6 mg/mL, are popular among ordinary e-liquids used in sub-ohm vaping, whereas higher levels, like 50 mg/mL, are typically found in pod systems or nicotine salt-based e-liquids." The essence of this quote is that the higher the amount of NICOTINE that is in a pod/mod, the more addicted you become.

Currently, New Zealand has the record for the highest percentage of vape users at 12.5%. While Mexico currently has the lowest percentage of vape users at 0.1%. Currently, it's mostly the Millennials who vape more than anyone else. If you'd like to dive deeper and educate yourselves some more, then please feel free to take the time to read through my sources. In the meantime, what are your thoughts on vaping?

FYI, this is why I don't vape. I've considered using a citrus orange or lime green, apple-flavored vaping pod in the past, but after this, I've decided to reject that decision. Everybody is different, ok? I don't care if you've been doing it for 10 to 15 years. Eventually, it'll catch up to you. I mean, why the hell would you want to take the risk and go through what this poor girl went through? Think about it. I used to think it was cool to vape until I saw this video which made me reluctant and biased.

SOURCES
I don't use it. But I do plenty of things that are bad for me, so your poll answers dont really match my experience. They are too specific.
As far as drugs go, it isnt a particularly dangerous one. In the us, usage peaked in 2019 and has been trending down. Adult use of vapes is a nonissue to me, but I'd rather people didnt do it in closed spaces or very near me.
I think it got really trendy with young people, but then the fad wore off and that is a good thing.
As long as underage people aren't using it, it seems like a good thing to exist, and all of the fearmongering in the media is just ragebait to keep viewer numbers up.
It doesnt interest me at all. It seems expensive and I'm just not in the market to pick up a vice.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Overbeing For This Useful Post:
  β€’ Different
(11th March 2024, 10:43 PM)Overbeing Wrote: I don't use it. But I do plenty of things that are bad for me, so your poll answers dont really match my experience. They are too specific.
As far as drugs go, it isnt a particularly dangerous one. In the us, usage peaked in 2019 and has been trending down. Adult use of vapes is a nonissue to me, but I'd rather people didnt do it in closed spaces or very near me.
I think it got really trendy with young people, but then the fad wore off and that is a good thing.
As long as underage people aren't using it, it seems like a good thing to exist, and all of the fearmongering in the media is just ragebait to keep viewer numbers up.
It doesnt interest me at all. It seems expensive and I'm just not in the market to pick up a vice.

What are your thoughts on the video above? Does it make you more reluctant to not pick up a vaping pod, or is your decision pretty much the same?
(11th March 2024, 11:11 PM)Different Wrote: What are your thoughts on the video above? Does it make you more reluctant to not pick up a vaping pod, or is your decision pretty much the same?
No change. I get into a car and drive very regularly. An incredible number of people die and have life changing injuries from driving every day. I am aware of potential risks. Yet I choose to drive anyway.
It is important to be aware of the risks that you are taking so that we can each make an informed decision. So if your goal is to spread awareness, I think that is a very good goal.
And if that is the goal, I think a lot of the issues when spreading awareness is that it tends to be talking down at its' target audience. It tends to be a bit of a self congratulatory pat on the back for us people who haven't fallen victim to it. Or, like I said earlier, meant to demonize it and its' victims and just trying to get viewers all riled up.
Teaching nonusers the potential dangers in an unsensationalized way and providing victims with resources and support to help them quit when they are ready seem like the right way to handle ththe situation to me.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Overbeing For This Useful Post:
  β€’ Different
I might try it someday but that'd only be a one time thing, stuff is terrible for you
My favorite source for health relation education is the Youtube Channel Healthcare Triage. They have done 2 video's on e-ciggs. The newer one is still 7 years old, but the channel is still active, so that tells me that if there where an important update, they would have made one by now. They are made to be educational and are data driven instead of being clickbate or to stoke fear.

Here is another video from a channel that I trust that was made this year by AsapScience. It has a bit more of a sensational vibe about it than the first two, but also has more updated reasearch and teaches a bit more about what vabing does to our body.

It seems like most of the conversation about them is how they compare to conventional cigarrettes, and the consensus is that they are less harmful to the user and to those around them. But that doesn't mean that they don't cause harm or that they are safe.
(12th March 2024, 12:33 AM)David Wrote: I might try it someday but that'd only be a one time thing, stuff is terrible for you

What flavor would you get?
(12th March 2024, 10:01 PM)Different Wrote: What flavor would you get?

I wouldn't want to buy one, It'd just be if like I had a friend who vaped and they offered it
Never have and I never will. I never had any interest in addictive substances.
Zack means everythingΒ to meΒ πŸ’›
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
(12th March 2024, 12:49 AM)Overbeing Wrote: My favorite source for health relation education is the Youtube Channel Healthcare Triage. They have done 2 video's on e-ciggs. The newer one is still 7 years old, but the channel is still active, so that tells me that if there where an important update, they would have made one by now. They are made to be educational and are data driven instead of being clickbate or to stoke fear.

---

Here is another video from a channel that I trust that was made this year by AsapScience. It has a bit more of a sensational vibe about it than the first two, but also has more updated reasearch and teaches a bit more about what vabing does to our body.

---

It seems like most of the conversation about them is how they compare to conventional cigarrettes, and the consensus is that they are less harmful to the user and to those around them. But that doesn't mean that they don't cause harm or that they are safe.

Interesting videos. They're great for those who don't like to spend time reading from the sources. An interesting fact that I took from the first video is that that guy said that "cigarette sales have been dropping throughout the country." If that's really the case, then I think people either gravitated towards weed or e-cigarettes. With weed, you could just roll up a receipt paper and spread some on there. I've seen people do this before.

Anyways, I think a lot of people have developed a zero tolerance for regular cigarettes because they don't like the outcomes that others have been receiving from smoking them. First off, they've seen the little voice box that people speak through them when their lungs get blackened, they can't stand the smell of it, and they're some major concerns about it causing cancer. Even though the consensus deems e-cigarettes as a better alternative, the addiction part will eventually cause them to smoke regular cigarettes. I was waiting for that guy to say that in the first video, but it's over 7 years ago, so no big deal.

(13th March 2024, 12:17 AM)David Wrote: I wouldn't want to buy one, It'd just be if like I had a friend who vaped and they offered it

So if we were friends IRL, and I were one of those people who just happened to be vaping a grape-flavored vape mod around you, and I had offered it to you, you'd take it?

(13th March 2024, 2:27 AM)Mia Wrote: Never have and I never will. I never had any interest in addictive substances.

Smart decision. I had friends who used to try to get me to smoke weed before. I respectfully declined and disconnected myself from them.
(13th March 2024, 3:15 AM)Different Wrote: So if we were friends IRL, and I were one of those people who just happened to be vaping a grape-flavored vape mod around you, and I had offered it to you, you'd take it?

Possibly, still a chance I'd say no

Also, I wouldn't want to hang around people while they're vaping as to not breathe it in second hand and to avoid smelling like it, and I'd never let anyone vape at my place as that stuff destroys things. If I do try it it's very much a one time thing
I dont vape and I have no interest. though, i do know people who do and they vaped to replace their tobacco smoking.
[Image: GUEST_d27f3cc4-4884-4e3b-8c1c-a7d95aa028...&fmt=pjpeg]
(13th March 2024, 5:18 AM)David Wrote: Possibly, still a chance I'd say no

Also, I wouldn't want to hang around people while they're vaping as to not breathe it in second hand and to avoid smelling like it, and I'd never let anyone vape at my place as that stuff destroys things. If I do try it it's very much a one time thing

Interesting πŸ€” It is possible that one time could turn into many. I guess it depends on the person, though.

(13th March 2024, 11:01 AM)LCPD Wrote: I dont vape and I have no interest. though, i do know people who do and they vaped to replace their tobacco smoking.

Good because vaping is a bad choice.
Last year when my best friend passed, I vaped because it was a distraction. I vaped regularly from last May - December. Since then, I don't really think much of it unless someone is vaping in front of me or it gets brought up in conversation.
They shouldn't've made fruit flavour etc. vapes.
It should just be something that tastes of cigarettes so people don't come to vaping from nothing, but just from cigarettes to vaping.
I don't know the specifics on which is "better", but having it be flavoured in such ways is just gonna get more people going from nothing to vaping.
Γ‘
(14th March 2024, 6:36 PM)Janelle Wrote: Last year when my best friend passed, I vaped because it was a distraction. I vaped regularly from last May - December. Since then, I don't really think much of it unless someone is vaping in front of me or it gets brought up in conversation.

Sorry for your loss! Yeah, not to mention a lot of people also tend to using vaping as a coping mechanism to deal with adversities. What made you quit all of a sudden? Good for you if you're officially done, now.

(14th March 2024, 6:53 PM)CamerΒ theΒ Dragon Wrote: They shouldn't've made fruit flavour etc. vapes.
It should just be something that tastes of cigarettes so people don't come to vaping from nothing, but just from cigarettes to vaping.
I don't know the specifics on which is "better", but having it be flavoured in such ways is just gonna get more people going from nothing to vaping.

I think they know that there's a large market for people who are attracted to fruity things, so they'll constantly promote vaping as a "less harmless alternative" to cigarettes, along with fruity flavored things. It's mostly the taste that incentivizes people to switch from cigarettes to e-cigarettes.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  β€’ Janelle
(15th March 2024, 10:09 PM)Different Wrote: Sorry for your loss! Yeah, not to mention a lot of people also tend to using vaping as a coping mechanism to deal with adversities. What made you quit all of a sudden? Good for you if you're officially done, now.

I quit because I was having knee surgery at the beginning of January. I quit two weeks before then, I just didn't want any issues with the anesthesia or the healing process. And thank you, I appreciate it Smile I've had two uncles pass these past two weeks, so I've been wanting one more recently just because of stress. But, I'm trying to stay strong lmao.

I still hit the vape if someone nears me has one and offers it to me, but I haven't went out and bought one since December.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  β€’ Different
(18th March 2024, 10:48 AM)Janelle Wrote: I quit because I was having knee surgery at the beginning of January. I quit two weeks before then, I just didn't want any issues with the anesthesia or the healing process. And thank you, I appreciate it Smile I've had two uncles pass these past two weeks, so I've been wanting one more recently just because of stress. But, I'm trying to stay strong lmao.

I still hit the vape if someone nears me has one and offers it to me, but I haven't went out and bought one since December.

I'm also sorry for the loss of your two uncles. I remember when my grandmother passed away last year in October. I was devastated for a little while, but now I'm better. What was going on with your knee that needed surgery?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  β€’ Janelle
(18th March 2024, 10:52 AM)Different Wrote: I'm also sorry for the loss of your two uncles. I remember when my grandmother passed away last year in October. I was devastated for a little while, but now I'm better. What was going on with your knee that needed surgery?

Thank you! And I needed an ACL reconstruction. It wasn't torn or anything, it just wasn't working properly due to past surgeries (I've had 3 total). So... I'm hoping the third times the charm!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  β€’ Different