[Suggestion] First Time Published Date
I would love levels to show the date that the ID was made. And having an easier way for them to show their ID would be nice as well.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Overbeing For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, Camer the Dragon, Dan-83, Stunt, tadtad, ~JBG~
On the user and guilld popup pressing shift shows the respective IDs. Perhaps this could be done for the level popup.
A quick way to do it though is to press the message button on the level popup and you can get the ID from the generated text
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • Overbeing
It would be good to see the FIRST time you published a map/level, somehow... not just the update of it. haha
While this is a nice idea, the data for this was never recorded, so a lot of levels would have an "Age of Heroes" type situation. I wouldn't really want that to be the case for millions of levels.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, Ashley766, Overbeing
(20th March 2024, 10:29 AM)bls1999 Wrote: While this is a nice idea, the data for this was never recorded, so a lot of levels would have an "Age of Heroes" type situation. I wouldn't really want that to be the case for millions of levels.

Is there a way to get an estimate using last published dates?
Since a lot of levels will be on version 1 and have last published date
and you could use IDs nearby to try to lock down the date or a close range
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, EpicMidget
Oo, camer makes a good point. Anyways, aren't the level ID's incremented starting from 1? So you could for sure create an algorithm that estimates the creation date by comparing the ID to the last update (or whatever) of the neighboring IDs, that doesn't sound too bad. Create ranges of IDs, find the earliest publish date amongst them, repeat for every range then estimate the ID->date... but youd kinda have to know the player activity over time and adjust the ranges.. uhh.. I'm gonna go save my limited, sleep-deprived brain from overthinking here for no reason. Sounds fun though ;p
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to EpicMidget For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77
(20th March 2024, 5:39 PM)epicmidget Wrote: Oo, camer makes a good point. Anyways, aren't the level ID's incremented starting from 1? So you could for sure create an algorithm that estimates the creation date by comparing the ID to the last update (or whatever) of the neighboring IDs, that doesn't sound too bad. Create ranges of IDs, find the earliest publish date amongst them, repeat for every range then estimate the ID->date... but youd kinda have to know the player activity over time and adjust the ranges.. uhh.. I'm gonna go save my limited, sleep-deprived brain from overthinking here for no reason. Sounds fun though ;p

Plus if it's version 1 it means it's the creation date, so those ones should be exact dates
á
Check out this post of mine from another thread and the file.
While this kinda helps i don't know how easy it would be to create an algorithm anyway.

https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.p...1#pid88011
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]