Platform Racing 4 (Screenshots)
A few weeks ago, @Master Raiden told me to make a thread about Platform Racing 4 so I guess I don't have really anything to lose then. But anyway here in this thread I'll provide a link to PR4 (for newbies, this one is not official but it's probably the only working PR4 game there is right now made public)

https://sebatianpolak120.itch.io/platform-racing-4
You can play it by clicking the link above (works on browser and desktop)

Now keep in mind, this thread is for members of the village to share screenshots of their progress (like high ranks, I have rank 20 something something...) or generally give an opinion about the game and what could be changed and what not

Soo.. post your screenshots here..!

Current version is 1.0, the earliest one! Keep that in mind.
[Image: AFyL7aU.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to SebastianPolak12 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
How about a video, instead? Now, I'm gonna warn you ahead of time... for some reason, QuickTime player doesn't record audio and video at the same time, which is really annoying. So, I'll just point out some things that are good, and some things that needs improvement (even though it's still in the beta stage).

MUSIC: First off, I love the music during the gameplay and the lobby. I don't know whether you used samples, remixed anything, or what. But, it sounds musically appealing to me. The beginning soundtrack, I don't really care for, even though it's been remixed from Pr2's version a bunch of times.

Main Menu Login screen: My only critique here, is to create a password feature for players to take advantage of soon, before someone uses that username. Yes, I know you're in beta testing, but still. Other than that, everything else resembles Pr2 quite well, in terms of the old main menu settings.

Lobby: Notice how the game freezes immediately, once I begin to play with the character's color sliding feature. That's something to label as noteworthy for future references. When I go below 255 (no matter what color), it doesn't freeze up.

Character Stats: The sliders don't work. You have to manually click on the left or right arrow buttons to increase or decrease stats.

Shop: The shop seems pretty neat. I can't wait to see what you're going to add to it in the near future.

Gameplay functionality: The main issue is the super jumping feature. Notice how at 2:04 when I attempt to hold down the down-arrow key in midair (while attempting to hit the ground, quickly), the game thinks that I'm going for a super jump; thus creating a slow reaction time. In Pr2, this doesn't occur. I would make it so that when people go for a quick landing from midair or off the ledge, the game doesn't think they're going for a super jump.

Also, notice how at 3:01, there's some sort of glitch. I'm not quite sure whether this was intended to be a shortcut or not, but I think this is mostly discovered when you hold the down-arrow key for a super jump. Then there's the possible issue with the character's having a slightly slow reaction time when it comes to getting struck by lightning or hit with lasers and mines. One last thing: when you fire the laser at someone, it pushes the player back too far.

Graphics, game features, and art designs: I love the AI BOTS. The AI bots are a huge improvement for the game because then people won't have to be at the mercy of waiting for another online player to join them, which can be quite monotonous. The artwork looks pretty cool, even though it's a 2D game design. The graphics looks exceptional at time, but can tend to appear quite fuzzy during the gameplay.

Final Thoughts: This was an interesting game to play. I'm aware that it's a beta testing version, so I can't be too harsh on this game. Above all, my favorite part was that I got to play against AI BOTS. Keep grinding and improving, bro! You got this!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • SebastianPolak12
After leaving the tunnel, I pressed down when I hit the floor and fell through it, plummeted to the void and then got reset at the start of the track
[Image: jMsYweC.png]
(29th April 2024, 6:05 PM)Minimania Wrote: After leaving the tunnel, I pressed down when I hit the floor and fell through it, plummeted to the void and then got reset at the start of the track
go on top of the tunnel and when you reach the end of the tunnel press down, you'll drop down into the ending part
[Image: 7yFzNKY.png]