Bring Back Pr2
Lightbulb 
**MESSAGE TO JIGGMIN**

Hi Jiggmin  Smile.

First of all, I would like to thank you for making Platform Racing 2. Some would mean its just a old flash game, but it really isn't "just" that. I would like to tell a little story about my life, and where i'm coming from.

My mom has always though there was something with me, because I have always been reacting in ways, that stood out from the norm. Since I was very young, have I been going through schools, and have had a very bad time. I have always been very emotional, and sympathetic, but not to myself. My biggest opponent in life, is myself. I was later diagnosed with ADHD, and my mom have always though I have had some kind of Autism, but I was first diagnosed with that here within the last 5-7 years. I went through schools, and then that school had to close, and then I came back to the same school as i was on before that. It was third-grade ( Danish third-grade ), so I wasn't old, but I remember stuff from there. When I started in that class, did the other students know that I had some stuff making it very hard for me, so from the second I started, was they very nice to me, and they really meant a lot to me. They were the people who made me start on Platform Racing 2, and when I really struggles in class, and pretty much cried, because I had a very tough time, then was they very supportive to me. 

Everyday after school, did we go to some kind of club, which is for the people who is a bit older ( It was like from 3-8 grade students or something).

It was a place where everyone could relax and be themself, where they had computers, and other stuff. It was made for that specific school, so for the people who had a far way home, could stay there till the parents could come when they was getting home from job.

Everyone was playing Platform Racing 2, my best friends was playing Platform Racing 2, and I started making my first account which was named "Isverfel" - In danish it is correctly spelled Isvaffel, but I couldn't spell because I had trouble with school and all that. The english word for that is "Ice cream cone" or something like that I think.

I had so much fun playing this game everytime I was going to the club, and it was the best time of the day. Playing with my friends - Racing against eachother, making maps together, and I can remember that no one of us could complete The Golden Compass by -Shadowfax-. The day it arrived in the campaign, did we all try it, but none of us was good enough, and we was sure that it wasn't beatable, even though it was.

The time flew, and after 2 years, I had to change school, because It was very tough for me, and the new school was going to be better for me.

I was very sad, because I didn't want to lose my friends, and all the fun times we had with eachother, should come to an end  Frown . 

When I stopped, wasn't I talked with them too much anymore - there was a few of them, that I went home to a few times, but they all started getting new hobbies, and I was still just the same person, playing Platform Racing 2, left with memories, that I will never forget. Some of the new friends I learned to know in the new school, did I make them start playing Platform Racing 2, but it was still me that played it mostly, but they all got to make some levels, and sometimes we races with eachother, but they also played Roblox, and Minecraft ( they were a bit younger than me). I also played other games, but I have always even to the day today, always came back to the game. This game is my childhood, and it has so many memories, that has meant a lot to me. 

There is so much more than just this school stuff, Its just hard to remember it all, and its hard to explain, but thats not too important right now.

What I want to say is, that, this game has been a very big part of my life, and still is, and it really really hurts, seeing it dying slowly. I'm not the only one, and I know that, because I have been a part of this community for many years, and I have seen people moving on, because they didn't see a reason to play it anymore. It was all just dying, and the lower the popularity, the lower it got.

I don't know how many people we're in the Jiggmin Village' discord, but we're atleast a couple hundreds. I don't really know if this is true, but If they had no interest in the game, or your other games, would there really be a reason to stay in the discord? I have never seen such strong and close community, and it is close to be a family, even though we don't really know eachother. But we all have this same thing in common. We like your game, and is somewhat emotional attached to it, and I can speak for myself, that seing the game decreasing more and more in popularity, really really hurts on me. I don't know what i'm waiting for, but I don't want to give up. I have been fighting my whole life, through school, through stuff going on at home, and fighting to find happines in this world. I have always been a fighter, and sometimes I really don't know what to do. I'm constantly looking through the forums, looking through discord, looking at youtube about pr2, and everywhere else, for a miracle to happend. It has been like this since 2017, maybe even before, and i'm still here, and a good amount of people from the community is still. We is, because Platform Racing 2, has a special place in our heart, and we're somewhat connected to eachother I think.

All of this, is only a very small margin of my memories, and I want to ask you, Jiggmin. Is there anything we as a community, can do, to do something, to make Platform Racing 2, more alive again? I know that you have stepped somewhat away from developing, and you might not see a reason to continue on the game, because it already has had its glory. And yes, it might never be as populated as it used to be, but limiting the game to only be accessible from a download link in this forums page, is really limiting the way for people to even know it exists?

Pretty often, does a returning player come back to the game, talking about the nostalgia of the game, and I always tries my best to make them come to the Jiggmin village discord, so they know that there is actually still people in this community, sometimes playing the game.

Here 1-2 weeks ago, did I install Platform Racing 2, on my school computer, and my new computer, and when I search "Platform Racing 2" on google, does it come up with kongregate as the first option, and an wiki as the second option, and something else after that. Platform Racing 2, isn't playable on Kongregate anymore, so my theory in this is, that most of the people who used to play, that wants to play the game, doesn't really know that its still playable, because the download link is in this forum, who shows up as option 5-6 or something if it even does that, and not everyone knows this forum, and speaking for myself, if I had no knowledge in this forum being safe for malware, and such, then would I never ever download anything from it.

Adding this game to steam, and maybe possibly other platforms, would really make people start playing the game. I'm sure that there is still people out there wanting to play the game, but they have no idea its still playable, and when they get to play, then theres no racers or any active online. It is really boring to race alone, and im sure these people just logs out again after a bit.

Adding this game to steam, would make it so much more accessible, opening up for a lot of newcomers, maybe even streamers could get some interest if we were lucky. The doors would open for so many oppotunities, that there isn't right now. And yes it might never come back to glory as it has been, but we should never underestimate a platform like Steam. Me and many of my friends often looks through games on steam, and sometimes I see the weird games being played by hundreds of people.

Kongregate has games on steam, and its going really well for them, and It would mean so much to me, and for the community. 

Bls, has always been supportive, and i'm super happy that there sometimes comes updates, and i'm super super happy that we still can play Platform Racing 2 to this day. I'm so emotionally attached to this game, and I really want it to stay alive, but if it continues like this, the game will die more and more, and it really saddens me and a lot of other people. We have really tried our best to stay supportive, and tried the best we can, but we can't do more. Platform Racing 2's future, is in your hands jiggmin  Frown .

Its more than just a game. Its a part of me.

I want you to see Jiggmin, that it hurts us, more than you might think, and I don't expect you to do everything by youself. You have Bls, you have us. We just can't do anything.

I want the people who agree's with me, react to this post with a "thanks", and I would like to thank you all for reading all this. Thank you Jiggmin, for making a game, that truly is special.

Best regards
MoonFiredk & Your Community
Folding @ Home
[Image: sigimage.php?un=MoonFiredk&t=143016]
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MoonFiredk For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, Camer the Dragon, EpicMidget, ExplosionZ, Janelle, lalafox, Magniloquent, Master Raiden, Mia, SebastianPolak12, TRUC
Yes
[Image: AFyL7aU.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to SebastianPolak12 For This Useful Post:
  • MoonFiredk
(30th August 2023, 2:55 PM)SebastianPolak12 Wrote: Yes
Thank you <3
Folding @ Home
You got guts, kid. It takes balls of steel to open up about your personal life, like that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • ExplosionZ, MoonFiredk
Nice thread homie, hopefully we can get some changes to increase activity soon. Smile
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ExplosionZ For This Useful Post:
  • MoonFiredk
(31st August 2023, 2:46 AM)ExplosionZ Wrote: Nice thread homie, hopefully we can get some changes to increase activity soon. Smile
Thank you Explosion! I really appreciate you, and the other people participating in this <3
Folding @ Home
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to MoonFiredk For This Useful Post:
  • ExplosionZ
Thanks for sharing! I agree, we need to get this on Steam or some other game hosting platform if we want to see a resurgence of PR2.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • MoonFiredk
(1st September 2023, 10:24 AM)Mia Wrote: Thanks for sharing! I agree, we need to get this on Steam or some other game hosting platform if we want to see a resurgence of PR2.
Thank you for supporting this topic Mia  =D ! <3 I totally agree with you =D ! It would also open up for a lot of doors =D !
Folding @ Home
Microbump <3
Folding @ Home
Hey!

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing such a personal story. I can tell the game really does mean a lot to you and that's amazing! (same here in fact)

Regarding the future of the game... here is what I think about it.

I believe the game is in better shape now than it has ever been before, it just needs a push or opportunity to come back with new players (or new and old players) since let's not forget... it is now sadly 15 years old... and also comes from an era that doesn't really exist anymore of... little independent and, quick games to come in and out for a fun, interactive experience. Not to mention the game dying once Jiggmin left back in.... 2014...? 2013..? its been a while Eek

One of the best ways to bring back new and old players will definitely be porting the game to Steam as you mentioned, other Flash games have indeed done it before and it did allow them to continue having life support and players. But i read on another thread that, the reason why that hasn't happened is because Ben will need permission from Jiggmin to do so. And seeing how Jiggmin has been from what i have seen... very on and off from PR2 and the community... it seems that, not even Ben is sure if Jiggmin wants to do something with the game or just doesn't have the time or something...? because Jiggmin doesn't seem to reply to Ben often (if not at all) so i guess that leaves the option of Steam out of the cards... maybe?

Like that is the problem xD No one is really sure.

There is this other project Jiggmin made which is Bubble Racing, don't know if you have played it/known about it?
Give it a try because i almost fell off my chair when i played it O_O

https://bubbleracing.com/ (Just a heads up, Volume is very high and it's still a work in progress so it stutters every so often)

If that's how a potential PR4 or even PRF is gonna look like... boy i don't think i can even- LIKE--- BuAGH ugh aAAGH- UUCK- sorry i died in the middle of writing this... from the hype :/

Nah but seriously i hope the game does make a comeback in the future too, in some way... any way. It's just such a great game still full of so much potential.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Adulock77 For This Useful Post:
  • MoonFiredk
(3rd September 2023, 7:03 PM)Adulock77 Wrote: Hey!

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing such a personal story. I can tell the game really does mean a lot to you and that's amazing! (same here in fact)

Regarding the future of the game... here is what I think about it.

I believe the game is in better shape now than it has ever been before, it just needs a push or opportunity to come back with new players (or new and old players) since let's not forget... it is now sadly 15 years old... and also comes from an era that doesn't really exist anymore of... little independent and, quick games to come in and out for a fun, interactive experience. Not to mention the game dying once Jiggmin left back in.... 2014...? 2013..? its been a while Eek

One of the best ways to bring back new and old players will definitely be porting the game to Steam as you mentioned, other Flash games have indeed done it before and it did allow them to continue having life support and players. But i read on another thread that, the reason why that hasn't happened is because Ben will need permission from Jiggmin to do so. And seeing how Jiggmin has been from what i have seen... very on and off from PR2 and the community... it seems that, not even Ben is sure if Jiggmin wants to do something with the game or just doesn't have the time or something...? because Jiggmin doesn't seem to reply to Ben often (if not at all) so i guess that leaves the option of Steam out of the cards... maybe?

Like that is the problem xD No one is really sure.

There is this other project Jiggmin made which is Bubble Racing, don't know if you have played it/known about it?
Give it a try because i almost fell off my chair when i played it O_O

https://bubbleracing.com/ (Just a heads up, Volume is very high and it's still a work in progress so it stutters every so often)

If that's how a potential PR4 or even PRF is gonna look like... boy i don't think i can even- LIKE--- BuAGH ugh aAAGH- UUCK- sorry i died in the middle of writing this... from the hype :/

Nah but seriously i hope the game does make a comeback in the future too, in some way... any way. It's just such a great game still full of so much potential.
Thank you so much for your great message, and I totally agree with you!

You're correct with all of it, and i'm also unsure if getting the game to steam, is even a playable card...

Thats one of the reasons why I'm making this thread, because I would like to show to jiggmin, if he ever gets to see this thread, that we're are a lot of people who actually care about this game :/ .

I haven't tested out bubble racing out yet, I maybe should give it a try! Smile
Folding @ Home
  • Adulock77
I don't know if itch.io hosts flash games but that may be a good place to put it too if it allows such things
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • MoonFiredk
Thank you for sharing!! PR2 used to be a huge part of my life, as well. I miss a lot of my old friends. But, it's good to see this place still here.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Janelle For This Useful Post:
  • MoonFiredk
(10th September 2023, 11:06 AM)Janelle Wrote: Thank you for sharing!! PR2 used to be a huge part of my life, as well. I miss a lot of my old friends. But, it's good to see this place still here.
Hi Karlene!

Thank you aswell, for participating in this thread, and showing that you have had a good experience with the game  <3 .
Folding @ Home
  • Janelle
(10th September 2023, 8:44 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I don't know if itch.io hosts flash games but that may be a good place to put it too if it allows such things
Hey Camer! what is this itch.io thing about? Is there anything you would like me to do?
Folding @ Home
Microbump <3
Folding @ Home
(10th September 2023, 5:16 PM)MoonFiredk Wrote: Hey Camer! what is this itch.io thing about? Is there anything you would like me to do?

itch.io is a game distribution platform mainly for indies, it's a bit nicher than something like steam but it's decently known for ppl who look for indie games I would think
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • MoonFiredk
Bump Smile
Folding @ Home
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoonFiredk For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, Mulley