Poll: Do you think that the 08-10 legends would have gotten caught ranking up too fast, by now?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Oh yeah, they would have been banned a long time ago!
100.00%
1 100.00%
No, I think some of them are smart enough to finesse the system and get ahed.
0%
0 0%
I think they would have gotten caught for other reasons.
0%
0 0%
I don’t think they would have gotten caught for other reasons.
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

THE DARK SIDE OF PR2! ☠️
Nobody ever talks about how easy it is to reach Rank 50 nowadays, huh? You newbies have no idea how easy you have it, nowadays. All THESE damn tokens to +8, contests for all THESE BIG reward opportunities up to 10,000,000 experience points, and macroing being allowed... ha! It's no wonder why so many people are leveling up so quickly!

But, man, those opportunities didn't even exist back in the early days of PR2. The DARK SIDE is that you needed to use people as stepping stones to reach Rank 50+ back in the early days of Pr2. You used whatever form of CHEATING that it took to get to Rank 50. You needed some knowledge of Macroing (praying you don't get caught), creating an experience bot, or some kind of edge to catch up to everybody. What do you think would have happened if the above opportunities would have been presented, 14 years ago? It'd be chaos, right?!

Back then, if you were caught leveling up really quickly, then they just called it "macroing". Honestly, they never did consider the fact that somebody might be using an experience bot to level up really quickly as well. But, you see, nobody ever talks about what would have happened today, if all those retired legends would have kept on going, today!

Now, any FOOL or veteran player would know that the reason THIS idea was even suggested and implemented into Pr2, is to prevent cheaters from gaining quick experience points. Mods and admins can't always be around, 24/7. So, if someone sees you ranking up too fast, then all they have to do is record you by hovering their mouse over your rank. It's so obvious why this feature was added.

Let's talk about predictions, shall we? Does the bottom prediction look accurate to you (based on the legendary players from 2008 to early 2010), or do you think they would have gotten caught by now? I ask this because if you were Rank 50+ from 2008 to early 2010, then obviously people think you're doing more than just macroing... they think you're using an experience bot.

Rumor has it that the bot was worth 22,222xp every two minutes, 50,000xp every hour, and 10,000xp added in there, somewhere. Now, I'm not directly accusing anybody of botting, just ask the community from back in the day whether these claims are true or false.

Now, if you were a smart player, then you would avoid leveling up too quickly. You'd come up with an effective strategy to finesse the system and get ahead without getting banned. These ranks below seem pretty preposterous, but these people were smart enough to have an effective strategy. Again, I'm not accusing anybody of botting. I'm just telling you what I heard people say about them botting.

If you don't agree with this prediction, then please tell me why.

This video is an example of how a Rank 50 was obtained back in the early days of Pr2.

Back when crown and cowboy hats actually meant something. This was a very special time when F@H was fairly new, and I'd say about less than 3% of people had cowboy hats, back then. Maybe about 8-10% of people had crown hats. 100,000 F@H pts was nothing to sniff at, 14 years ago. You didn't even have the capabilities or the knowledge to fold, fast WU's back then, oh hell no! You had to ASK somebody to fold for you.

Let's just assume that there were 500 players back in 2009, ok? If only 4% of them had cowboy hats, then that's about 20 people who had cowboy hats, back then. Comparing that number to 500 is relatively small. As for crown, 8-10% would get you roughly 40-50 people who had it. So, you can see just how special these two hats were, back in the day.

I hope you realize how big the EXP gap is at that level.

For your rank list to be accurate, assuming everyone has 8 Rank Tokens:
- Quesin would have to be 1.25 billion EXP ahead of Yellowfin (which is more than Rank 0 to Rank 80 (72+8))
- He would have to be 2.33 billion EXP (more than Rank 0 to 83 (75+8)) ahead of the thirteen Rank 80s, including his own accounts
- He would need to pull a 3.35 billion EXP gap from the Rank 70s, which is 28.42× the total EXP earned by each Rank 70.

Back when quesin was Rank 60, he was only 78.3 million EXP ahead of a Rank 0, and only 28.2 million EXP ahead of Yellowfin. So he would have to increase his lead by a ridiculous amount to be a few ranks ahead of everyone else.

So I think all the botters should pretty much be the same rank, and everyone else would only be a few ranks behind.

[Image: IKxCCeg.png]
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Different, ExplosionZ, ~JBG~
(25th August 2023, 9:39 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: I hope you realize how big the EXP gap is at that level.

For your rank list to be accurate, assuming everyone has 8 Rank Tokens:
- Quesin would have to be 1.25 billion EXP ahead of Yellowfin (which is more than Rank 0 to Rank 80 (72+8))
- He would have to be 2.33 billion EXP (more than Rank 0 to 83 (75+8)) ahead of the thirteen Rank 80s, including his own accounts
- He would need to pull a 3.35 billion EXP gap from the Rank 70s, which is 28.42× the total EXP earned by each Rank 70.

Back when quesin was Rank 60, he was only 78.3 million EXP ahead of a Rank 0, and only 28.2 million EXP ahead of Yellowfin. So he would have to increase his lead by a ridiculous amount to be a few ranks ahead of everyone else.

So I think all the botters should pretty much be the same rank, and everyone else would only be a few ranks behind.

[Image: IKxCCeg.png]

That's pretty neat how you were able to come up with that graph. How did you do that? It looks like a fairly simple graph, but just the dedication towards making it is pretty interesting to me.
I just whipped it up in Excel.

I find that visualizations of the Rank EXP really puts it into perspective. Note that Rank 60 is about 1/10th of the way from 0 to 70.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(25th August 2023, 10:09 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: I just whipped it up in Excel.

I find that visualizations of the Rank EXP really puts it into perspective. Note that Rank 60 is about 1/10th of the way from 0 to 70.

Now, I'm guessing you used accumulative experience to come to that conclusion, correct? Because from my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong), that 1/10th is basically 10% of that 729m for rank 70. So, 10% is 72.9m, which is an approximation because rank 60 is at 78m. I haven't taken math in 4 years, so forgive me if I'm a little rusty.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden