R.I.P. home
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-42950997

This should summarise pretty much everything:

"A former president, who was in power for three decades, has been arrested at his home as a crackdown on the opposition intensifies."

His half-bro is the current prez. He's trying to stay in power for as long as he can, so as to work above the law for his money laundering business

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/09/ma...12661.html (older news)

Now he's disobeying the all the other laws, and on top of that, he withdrew the following human rights:

Article 253 of the Constitution states that a state of emergency can only be declared in the event of a natural disaster, dangerous epidemic disease, war, threat to national security, or threatened foreign aggression.

Along with the declaration of the state of emergency, the following Articles of the Constitution have been suspended:

Article 24: Privacy
Article 29: Freedom of information

Article 31: Right to Strike
Article 32: Freedom of Assembly
Article 43: Fair and Administrative Action

Article 44: Personal Liability

Article 45: No unlawful arrest or detention
Article 46: Power of arrest and detention
Article 47: Search and seizure
Article 49: Right Release of accused

Article 50: Right Prompt investigation and prosecution

Article 56: Right to appeal
Article 58: Right to Compensation

Article 65: Application to Court to obtain a remedy

Article 99: Summoning persons
Article 100: Removal of President or Vice President

Article 101: Vote of no confidence in a member of the Cabinet
Article 113: Jurisdiction of the Supreme Court

Article 145 ©: Supreme Court as final authority on the interpretation of the Constitution and matters dealt with by a court of law, the 
Criminal Procedure Act, and 
Judicature Act 12 and 14.

Article 258 of the Constitution, which states that the Supreme Court shall determine any issues with regard to the validity in whole or part of the declaration or any law or order made pursuant to the emergency, was not withheld.

Paradise to shithole, indeed
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
Do you have any plans to move away to escape this?
life can be cut short. try to enjoy it.
(6th February 2018, 6:56 PM)~Bowl Wrote: Do you have any plans to move away to escape this?

We don't usually migrate or go into other countries as illegal immigrants; instead we protest.

I mean I've been living overseas for more than 14 years, so I don't really have to do much. It's just some of my family that's still there
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
(8th February 2018, 6:37 PM)Zelante Wrote: We don't usually migrate or go into other countries as illegal immigrants; instead we protest.

I mean I've been living overseas for more than 14 years, so I don't really have to do much. It's just some of my family that's still there

Ha, in the USA ILLEGALS do the protesting
(12th February 2018, 12:00 AM)Nova Wrote: Ha, in the USA ILLEGALS do the protesting

Lmao. No wonder the US hate illegal immigrants so much
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer