Luna hat
Exclamation 
I didnt really want to reanimate the previous thread but its closed.
Shouldnt there be some sort of visual indication that there's an effect to wearing it?
[Image: 213.jpg]
wdym?

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
I don't really know how one would animate an effect that would show the user gravity has been decreased
Arrow
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Appah For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
Surely the effect of that hat is shown...by wearing the hat, wearing tit would be a giveaway that your gravity is decreased once said person learns of its ability. If you were wanting some sort of animation to show the decrease in gravity, it would mean every other hat with a purpose would have to have some sort animation of some sorts
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
What i meant is that i tested it and i could barely notice hte difference.
Is it listed somewhere in game what it does?
Because while you do get a clear indication of exp income from exp hats, and can see the effect of propeller hat coz u must use up to make use of it and while gentle hat lets u pass through blocks, see others do it so u gather info easily by coincidentally being in a game with ppl who got these hats, u dont with luna hat.

K so lemme rephrase this.
There is no real indication that helps someone who has no idea wht it does to figure out its use.

E.g here's a good example, why not make it simply like propeller hat just the pure opposite.
If you jump, and you fall you push down you fall quicker.
This is still a gravity related effect, you could apply an effect to the hat, idk, make it luminescent, or make the face smile, and glow, or something when you are using it, like something more interactive than it is?

I dont want to seem like complaining, i just thought the hat comes off quite underwhelming visually in comparsion to the rest.
But that's just my thoughts.
I honestly disagree if you run a few maps with the hat and then without the effect is actually hugely noticeable, the idea of having it change animation states while in use is an interesting one however it wouldn't work because the only time the moon hats effect is not in use is when it isn't being worn by a player and thus no one would see it anyways.
Arrow
Maybe we could just change the "instructions" button on PR2 into a help button
with instructions, hat features, what items do, etc.
á
T O  B E  H O N E S T.
Here's what we do, we take that super spiffy "?" button on the chat tab that indicates how many chat rooms there are and put one next to the hat selection arrow, then just apply the same tooltips you're shown when acquiring the hat to that button then new players and old alike will always be able to identify the effects of their chosen headwear.

I mocked up this ULTRA high tech image for display purposes

Attached Files Image(s)

Arrow
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Appah For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Camer the Dragon, Northadox, Rank
Well you know.
One of the fun things about pr2 when i first started playing it was that i had to find out what hats were in the game, now i could do this either by googleing it, searching the forums, or looking in game.. i did it in the game.
Slowly i became aware of the various hats and how to get them, it took me a while to collect as many as i could, it was fun.

Point being, not always is the easiest option teh best, its more fun to figure out things on your own, but its your game i guess, you are teh ones doing the work updating it etc.
(11th February 2019, 7:54 PM)Appah Wrote: I mocked up this ULTRA high tech image for display purposes

Do you actually have epic moon hat?
how???
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
I think the original topic has outlived its usefulness. I won't be adding visual effects to any of the hats.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.