Let's get this thread to a million pages!
[Image: Ce9geoY.jpg]
nice, this is the only figure i have of satoko, she has no other good ones
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to IcyMind For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
Alright, I'm throwing my hands at this video editing thing.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
@Yomakoy I need your input on other soundtracks from crash bandicoot, since you sent me the sewer one. If you don't mind, let's dive in deep from crash 1 to ctr from the 90s. What we're going to do, is go through memory lane, and while we're doing that, you tell me whether the songs from the 90s are better than today, or today is better than the 90s.

Do you feel like going through all that, or no? I thought about making it into a blog or thread, but I doubt people will be as active or responding.
I appreciate you conversing with me here. It's why I enjoy this thread so much, you can talk about literally anything
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
And it doesn't have to fit the constraints of a thread, other people can chime in, all without getting lost, like in a Discord chat
@Yomakoy Alright cool 👍 Original vs. New, which one?

Same thing as before, the first one just sets the mood so much better.

Did you see Josh Mancell's Tweet where he reacted to the N. Sane Trilogy soundtrack?

https://twitter.com/MancellJosh/status/8...wcon%5Es1_

He's absolutely right, too; It's not about modernizing it for the new generation, it's about making it sound as good as possible given the source material, and Josh Mancell did that. These modernized versions just don't capture that same feeling.
(14th July 2022, 9:56 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: Same thing as before, the first one just sets the mood so much better.

Did you see Josh Mancell's Tweet where he reacted to the N. Sane Trilogy soundtrack?

https://twitter.com/MancellJosh/status/8...wcon%5Es1_

He's absolutely right, too; It's not about modernizing it for the new generation, it's about making it sound as good as possible given the source material, and Josh Mancell did that. These modernized versions just don't capture that same feeling.

I see his Tweet, now, but I didn't catch it before. Also, yes, he is right. If you're going to remaster a song, you need to go hard in the paint. Remastering a song means to change the "quality" of it, not the instruments. So, I really expected VV to keep everything as before, just with better mixed and mastered audio. For example, help make those drums thump louder than before. Modern today, means really soft to VV.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Mia

This is the kind of shit I create when I'm bored.
I agree with everything you said, don't really have anything to add
@Yomakoy At this point, let's just rate the new one compared to the old one. 5 means supreme, 4 means great, 3 means ok, 2 means it needs some serious work, 1 means it's trash, 0 means it's really awful.
The funny thing about those Chipmunk/Nightcore videos is they literally take no effort. You just raise the pitch and speed and slap on a picture of Alvin or some anime ta tas.
@Yomakoy Rate this one:

They should've just had Josh Mancell himself remaster the soundtrack.
(14th July 2022, 10:36 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: The funny thing about those Chipmunk/Nightcore videos is they literally take no effort. You just raise the pitch and speed and slap on a picture of Alvin or some anime ta tas.

Shoot, anybody can do that. I can do that in audacity, instead of a DAW.
Both of those are pretty good actually.
@Yomakoy Up next:

(14th July 2022, 10:38 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: They should've just had Josh Mancell himself remaster the soundtrack.

Agreed. It would have kicked ass, by now.
I've got one, since you seem to be focusing on the original Crash Bandicoot.