Let's get this thread to a million pages!
(23rd May 2022, 2:14 PM)Mystery Wrote: The Sword in the Stone is in 4K, and that movie was released in 1963. But I'm pretty sure that upscaling didn't happen until the early 90s.

Yeah a lot of those movies were remastered, 40+ years later. It's actually quite impressive that they even had the technology to produce 4k film back in the day. But see the thing is, they wouldn't even release it to the public, until now. I mean, we had really shitty LD (Low Definition) TV's to our disposal.

THIS article talks about the science behind 4k films. 65mm and 70mm films was there at the time, but not to the public.
I fel so o
Life is a ? is it but death is a !. 
You never know what happens until it happens - ricky101/dotime
@Different Should I buy this monitor?

https://www.amazon.com/Sceptre-2560x1440...=1-14&th=1

It displays in 2k, 144hz at a pretty reasonable price
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
There's 4k monitors by that same brand and a similar price, but a garbage refresh rate
Whereas this one would be a full upgrade. I'd be going from FHD to QHD and 75hz to 144hz
Cheapest 4k 144hz monitor I could find is $580, and I'm not even sure if my GPU is capable of displaying its potential
Have you had a 4k monitor? I tried out a 4k monitor at work and I don't really like them at all. I'd rather just have two 1080p monitors, but it is also your life and maybe you like 4k more.
(23rd May 2022, 8:52 AM)Kribbles Wrote: I'm at this conference and it's the first day and I'm already unmotivated to actually go out and talk to people. I just wanna sit in my hotel room and watch anime.

By the way, I'm already in my hotel room watching anime. I'm skipping the keynote speaker, it's about how to work with echos. I've never really enjoyed keynote speakers.

I also don't think professional conferences are for me. It's like I'm being surrounded by work 24/7.
(23rd May 2022, 4:55 PM)Kribbles Wrote: Have you had a 4k monitor? I tried out a 4k monitor at work and I don't really like them at all. I'd rather just have two 1080p monitors, but it is also your life and maybe you like 4k more.

Never used one before, but I hear even a 2k monitor is a lot more crisp looking than standard 1080p.
I don't really feel like buying a whole new rig yet, I've only had this one for like 3 years
Last time I did public speaking, I had a panic attack. That was back in middle school. And I was docked points for "bad body language". To be fair, I didn't know that's what a panic attack was back then.
And yeah, feeling like you're surrounded by work does not sound enjoyable in the slightest. Best of luck.
(23rd May 2022, 4:15 PM)Mystery Wrote: @Different Should I buy this monitor?

https://www.amazon.com/Sceptre-2560x1440...=1-14&th=1

It displays in 2k, 144hz at a pretty reasonable price

It depends on what your GPU can handle and what you can afford. A QHD monitor is great for playing and streaming games, which will offer quick responsive times. However, if you can afford a better monitor, go for it. But then, you'd have to upgrade your GPU.

QHD is decent, so yeah... go for it. Get the 32-inch monitor instead.
(23rd May 2022, 5:12 PM)Mystery Wrote: And yeah, feeling like you're surrounded by work does not sound enjoyable in the slightest. Best of luck.

What's your dream job? I plan on being a sound designer for games.
(23rd May 2022, 5:13 PM)Different Wrote: It depends on what your GPU can handle and what you can afford. A QHD monitor is great for playing and streaming games, which will offer quick responsive times. However, if you can afford a better monitor, go for it. But then, you'd have to upgrade your GPU.

QHD is decent, so yeah... go for it. Get the 32-inch monitor instead.

Yeah, I was wondering if I'd need a better GPU after doing research, and it looks like I would. I think I could run a 2k, but it would be pushing the limits of my GPU. I don't think a better GPU would fit in my case, unfortunately. I appreciate your input though. I'll probably stick to FHD for now.
(23rd May 2022, 5:11 PM)Mystery Wrote: Last time I did public speaking, I had a panic attack. That was back in middle school. And I was docked points for "bad body language". To be fair, I didn't know that's what a panic attack was back then.
I'm fine with public speaking, but I don't like being surrounded by work 24/7. I like a balance. I took an hour nap, now I'm watching anime. Onto my second episode. It's in Denver, CO so I think tomorrow I'll take another break and go exploring around some stores downtown.
(23rd May 2022, 5:16 PM)Different Wrote: What's your dream job? I plan on being a sound designer for games.

Ooh, interesting. I'm not really sure, to be honest. I might try to get a promotion where I'm working now.
I'm gonna be dead at work tonight. I botched my sleep schedule completely.
Don't you love friends that say "Let's hang out on Thursday!" So you change your sleep schedule to accommodate a hang out session, then they don't tell you they're busy and don't follow through? Cause I don't love it one bit.
If he would've told me "Hey, I won't be able to hang out Thursday now, something came up." then it would've been fine. But here I am, awake for 14 hours with a 10 hour shift in 2 hours.