Let's get this thread to a million pages!
(1st October 2022, 9:04 AM)Different Wrote: To reach 1mil?

Yeah, to reach 1 million pages. But I averaged closer to 200-300 a day
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]

Which would make it impossible to reach in a lifetime on my own

I'm obviously not going to spam my entire life away but it's theoretically possible at 1k/day

This is just a one off thing

I probably won't feel like spamming for years after this
(1st October 2022, 9:05 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: 7389

Yeah, to reach 1 million pages. But I averaged closer to 200-300 a day

I think this thread should have been, "Let's get this thread to a thousand pages!", not "a million pages!" I say that because we're a hell of a lot more closer to a thousand, than we are a million. It would take decades just to get to a million pages.

It could have happened on the original JV, back when there was lots of free time and activity

We all have lives to live now, and 99.9% of people don't want to spend it this way
Just imagine if everybody that viewed this thread, just started spamming 1k posts a day. We'd get there by the end of the year, I bet. Just offer them $1 million to do so.
(1st October 2022, 9:00 AM)Different Wrote: If we had at least 20 spammers like this, everyday... I guarantee you, this thread would definitely reach 1 million pages in no time 👍

If 8hr a day spamming with 20 spammers
that would be 19,200 messages a day which is 960 pages
It would take 1042 days at this rate to hit 1M which is just under 3 years
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(1st October 2022, 9:08 AM)Different Wrote: I think this thread should have been, "Let's get this thread to a thousand pages!", not "a million pages!" I say that because we're a hell of a lot more closer to a thousand, than we are a million. It would take decades just to get to a million pages.

Yeah 1M would take ages lol
á

I had 356000 posts on the Acid Forums one, roughly. If 56 people posted that many, we would've reached the millionth page. Original JV easily had that many active users to make it happen.
(1st October 2022, 9:08 AM)Different Wrote: I think this thread should have been, "Let's get this thread to a thousand pages!", not "a million pages!" I say that because we're a hell of a lot more closer to a thousand, than we are a million. It would take decades just to get to a million pages.

If spamming was a full time job, I would be a very rich dude
(1st October 2022, 9:09 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: 7395

It could have happened on the original JV, back when there was lots of free time and activity

tbh yeah if everyone decided "right we're gonna spam here for a day" that's like 500 ppl probably
500 ppl means 1,000 posts a minute which is 50 pages a minute, 3,000 pages an hour
so it'd get a good chunk off if it happened like every month
á
(1st October 2022, 9:12 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: If 8hr a day spamming with 20 spammers
that would be 19,200 messages a day which is 960 pages
It would take 1042 days at this rate to hit 1M which is just under 3 years

What if they did it for 24 hours straight, like @Yomakoy did?... Then, what are we looking at?
(1st October 2022, 9:14 AM)Different Wrote: What if they did it for 24 hours straight, like @Yomakoy did?... Then, what are we looking at?

24hr straight is just divide the time by 3, so basically a year so it'd be unsustainable
á

I made about 2000 posts in 22.5 hours