Let's get this thread to a million pages!
(4th October 2022, 5:55 PM)Yomakoy Wrote: You told me to follow the guide on that website, which is the advice I took once I grabbed the BIOS file

Ok. My bad, man. I overreacted a little bit. I had to go through some red tape, just to get the damn thing to work. Your situation might be different, though.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
(4th October 2022, 5:13 PM)Yomakoy Wrote: Menu for the emulator. Do I have to put the game in a certain folder or something?

shouldn't really matter where the game is, from the emulator you just select the game wherever it is and run it. What emulator is it? (might need to go in a "roms" folder or "games" folder if there is one)
(4th October 2022, 9:06 PM)David Wrote: shouldn't really matter where the game is, from the emulator you just select the game wherever it is and run it. What emulator is it? (might need to go in a "roms" folder or "games" folder if there is one)

PCSX-Reloaded
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
(4th October 2022, 10:04 PM)Yomakoy Wrote: PCSX-Reloaded

Wait, are you running the game from a ROM? If ROM doesn't work, try using an ISO. I'd always recommend running games from an ISO file.
(4th October 2022, 10:04 PM)Yomakoy Wrote: PCSX-Reloaded

DuckStation is apparently the way to go these days, so I'd recommend using that instead. You can download it here: https://github.com/stenzek/duckstation/r...tag/latest

Assuming you're on Windows just grab: duckstation-windows-x64-release.zip

Just unzip the DuckStation download to a folder, run: duckstation-qt-x64-ReleaseLTCG.exe 

In your documents folder there will be a DuckStation folder, in that is a bios folder, just put your PS1 bios there. From DuckStation just click system at the top left, start file, then select your PS1 game file and voila the game is running.

I'd recommend downloading your games in CHD format which DuckStation can use (PCSX-R might as well, dunno), they take up less space. Can download them here: https://archive.org/download/chd_psx/CHD-PSX-USA/ 

Can map your controller from settings - controller settings. And feel free to enhance the visuals such as increasing the internal resolution scale from enhancement settings, makes a huge difference
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Different, Mia
@Yomakoy Let us know when you get all that stuff setup because afterwards, you're going to want to implement cheats into the game. I'd recommend visiting the PSX Emulation Cheater website. It should be the latest version with just about everything you need to get started.

You'll have to understand hexadecimal and decimal figures, in order to get these cheats to work into any game, you play. It's similar to what you would do when implementing Gameshark codes into the game. If you don't understand hexadecimal figures, you can use the Hexadecimal Calculator. The only thing you need to mess with, is the hexadecimal to decimal value conversion options.

Sidenote: Finding Gameshark codes can be rather difficult for beginners, which is why I would search them online to see if anybody has already created some. Then you would plug them into the PSX Emulation Cheater.
"No BIOS image found for NTSC-U/C (US, Canada) region"
Is there a specific BIOS I should be using
(5th October 2022, 12:14 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: Is there a specific BIOS I should be using

Is your windows and everything up to date?
Yeah, it should be
(5th October 2022, 12:21 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: Yeah, it should be

I found a video on YT that might have a solution to your problem. Hopefully you extracted the files with a 7z extractor.

Now I'm just getting a black screen when I launch a game
(5th October 2022, 12:35 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: Now I'm just getting a black screen when I launch a game

Do you hear any sound effects and music playing?
Also too, see if you have MIUI optimizations off. You'd be surprised to know how many games can have adversities, when the MIUI optimizations are turned off.
I don't hear anything. I've tried multiple PS1 and PS2 BIOS, the PS1 ones get me to the main menu and the PS2 ones get me to a black screen
I will record it so you or David can tell me exactly what I'm doing wrong.
(5th October 2022, 12:13 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: "No BIOS image found for NTSC-U/C (US, Canada) region"

https://ia601809.us.archive.org/view_arc...ion%29.zip

Try scph5502 from there, take the other BIOS out of that BIOS folder
Hold on, I think I got the PS1 one to work
Yeah I managed to get Crash Bandicoot to work
So this is strictly a PS1 emulator and not PS2?