Let's get this thread to a million pages!
I'm almost wondering if this capture card I bought will have some way of letting me capture PS2/Wii games, with a converter or something.

EDIT: Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Converter-RuiPuo-...07M8RNRGT/
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
If I can figure out how to capture Switch gameplay then I will look into it.
I should've figured that was why my footage was choppy
I closed out of Wallpaper Engine and F@H, and now I can record gameplay in 1080p60 just fine
Well I figured F@H would cause some problems, but not Wallpaper Engine
(5th October 2022, 2:37 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: I'm almost wondering if this capture card I bought will have some way of letting me capture PS2/Wii games, with a converter or something.

EDIT: Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Converter-RuiPuo-...07M8RNRGT/

I don't recommend cheap converters like that, they're complete trash. Unfortunately the good solutions aren't exactly cheap, around $60+. I'd recommend just emulating them, PS2 and Wii should emulate very well with your PC for a lot of games and you will also be able to enhance visuals like rendering a higher internal resolution

PCSX2 is the way to go for PS2 emulation, download here: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/releases/tag/v1.6.0 (pcsx2-1.6.0-setup.exe)

Bios - https://ia801809.us.archive.org/view_arc...SX2%29.zip 

I grabbed pcsx2/bios/ps2-0200a-20040614.bin, not sure if ideal but it works

As for Wii you already got Dolphin so you're set there
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
(5th October 2022, 4:44 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: Well I figured F@H would cause some problems, but not Wallpaper Engine

Wallpaper engine is notoriously intensive for what it is I hear
á
My capture card arrived, I think it's gonna let me capture Switch gameplay at least
I will record and upload some footage of Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy as "test footage"
(6th October 2022, 9:54 PM)Yomakoy Wrote:

I know the video is kind of boring cause it doesn't have my normal edits, but just trying to get a quick opinion.

Everything looks and sounds good to me, Game audio and visual, and mic quality
Should I do custom thumbnails? I think I should.
(6th October 2022, 9:56 PM)Yomakoy Wrote: I know the video is kind of boring cause it doesn't have my normal edits, but just trying to get a quick opinion.

Everything looks and sounds good to me, Game audio and visual, and mic quality

That capture card that you got in the mail, turned out to be pretty good for your gameplay. That 60 frames per second is a plus as well. Are you recording this on pc or what?

Sidenote: I can't believe the developers ****ed up slippery climb/stormy ascent music. First off, why the hell would they add bongos to this track?? Also too, the way they utilized organs in this track, almost sounds a little uplifting; like a church choir. The level of disrespect to Josh Mancell, is unbearable. Whoever hired these people to do this track, should be fired and banned from ever remixing any game songs.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
(6th October 2022, 10:18 PM)Yomakoy Wrote: Should I do custom thumbnails? I think I should.

Probably not necessary. You never wanna do too much, when your subscriber count isn't substantially high.
(6th October 2022, 11:01 PM)Different Wrote: That capture card that you got in the mail, turned out to be pretty good for your gameplay. That 60 frames per second is a plus as well. Are you recording this on pc or what?

Sidenote: I can't believe the developers ****ed up slippery climb/stormy ascent music. First off, why the hell would they add bongos to this track?? Also too, the way they utilized organs in this track, almost sounds a little uplifting; like a church choir. The level of disrespect to Josh Mancell, is unbearable. Whoever hired these people to do this track, should be fired and banned from ever remixing any game songs.

I am really happy with the quality of this capture card. I didn't expect much cause it was an unheard of brand, but damn. Hard to complain with that footage. And yeah, recording it on PC.

I agree with it being a disservice to Josh Mancell's original compositions, but that's a bit harsh lol
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(6th October 2022, 11:07 PM)Yomakoy Wrote: I am really happy with the quality of this capture card. I didn't expect much cause it was an unheard of brand, but damn. Hard to complain with that footage. And yeah, recording it on PC.

I agree with it being a disservice to Josh Mancell's original compositions, but that's a bit harsh lol

So, what's the plan for your YT, now that you've got your capture card at 1080(60p)?
(6th October 2022, 11:11 PM)Different Wrote: So, what's the plan for your YT, now that you've got your capture card at 1080(60p)?

Now I am tempted to look into getting a decent converter. I know David warned me against it, but I'm not a huge fan of using emulators. For the PS1/PS2/N64/Gamecube stuff. I like being able to use the actual controllers.
I already have a big library of games to pull from, so the expense isn't really an issue
And once I get that going, I will probably start recording and editing a bunch of gameplay, maybe do some giveaways to get the channel growing faster
Question, do you think I should stream on youtube, or just upload/edit?