Let's get this thread to a million pages!
I can't do any of that on my new phone until I figure out how to transfer my data and phone number
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
Ok I found a screen where I can transfer my phone number
My old phone can't send or receive texts, how am I supposed to enter a verification code?

Man I hate technology
I just bought a unlimited talk/text plan for my old phone and wanted to transfer it to the new phone, but the old phone can't talk or text. So I guess I just wasted a bunch of money
(21st August 2023, 3:26 PM)Mia Wrote: I can't do any of that on my new phone until I figure out how to transfer my data and phone number

If I were you, the first thing I would do is call customer service from my old cell phone carrier. Tell them that you want the account number and PIN number that you have with them. From there, they'll tell you what to do next.

Then eventually, you'll need to call your new carrier and tell them that you're trying to switch your current phone from your old carrier, to there's. They'll probably end up asking you for your current account number and PIN from your old carrier. Also, you'll get asked personal info like your name and address.

As for transferring data, you can just buy a usb cable that's suitable for your old phone. Make sure that it also fits your monitor as well. Once you connect it from your old phone to your monitor, you may be promoted to download an app that allows you to transfer files from your old phone to the app. Once it's all there, drag the files from your app that's on your computer, onto your desktop.

Then repeat the above steps with your new phone, only this time, you would drag the files off your desktop to your new app that's on your desktop. Hope this helps!

I had to go through this when requesting to transfer my phone number over to Apple.
Now they're telling me to call some customer support number
Great plan, except for the part where I can't make calls
I can't call from my old or new phone, wtf am I supposed to do
(21st August 2023, 3:40 PM)Mia Wrote: I can't call from my old or new phone, wtf am I supposed to do

Why can't you make phone calls from either phone? 🤔
I don't know, cause my old phone is broken or something. That's why I bought the new phone
But the new phone can't make calls cause I can't transfer my data and phone number

What am I supposed to do, get a new phone number and waste more money?
Technology just makes me flustered and agitated
I was just gonna mention a bad internet connection, but I see that's not the case, now. Is there a house phone that you can use? If AI asks you for a verification #, then just hit zero so you can speak to a real human. I despise wasting time with AI services or foreigners.
The only thing that's working on my old phone is the data. It's letting me use the Google Play Store, apps, internet, etc.
That's strange, man. What happens when you try to make a phone call on your old phone?
"You are not currently enrolled"

HAHAHAHAHA

I wasted $50

[Image: source.gif]
I'm calling my credit card company and telling them to cancel the charge

Then I'll just get a new f***ing phone number
I guess I'll have to call from a different number or use online tech support
(21st August 2023, 3:49 PM)Different Wrote: That's strange, man. What happens when you try to make a phone call on your old phone?

"Your phone's not registered on a network, so you can only make emergency calls."
Is some setting on my old phone messed up or something