Let's get this thread to a million pages!
(10th October 2023, 9:23 AM)Different Wrote: A Steam release would be pretty cool. They could easily rack up a bunch of money there, by making people pay for it. PC download, and MAC.

For sure. It makes the game easier to access, which would draw even more people in. They could even charge more for that convenience, like $7.99 for Suika on Steam or something.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
Cause right now, even if you have a Switch, you have to go through a bunch of hoops just to get the game outside of Japan.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(10th October 2023, 9:23 AM)Mia Wrote: Does the emulator let you use the eShop?

Damn, I haven't thought about that at the time. According to the Reddit Community, it looks like you can't. Welp, I guess I'm batshit outta luck then. Even this user agrees with me about forcing people to use their console.

[Image: 60lWRru.png]
That's how they sell their hardware, by making exclusive titles. If every game was on Steam, for example, what reason would someone have to buy a Switch?

But that's not really the issue here, because Nintendo didn't develop Suika. Surely the developers can port it to whatever they want, unless they signed a non-compete with Nintendo or something.
(10th October 2023, 9:45 AM)Mia Wrote: That's how they sell their hardware, by making exclusive titles. If every game was on Steam, for example, what reason would someone have to buy a Switch?

But that's not really the issue here, because Nintendo didn't develop Suika. Surely the developers can port it to whatever they want, unless they signed a non-compete with Nintendo or something.

I think we should all file a complaint and tell them about this issue. I mean honestly... how did you feel about paying $307 just to play this game? It might is well be $307 because you paid for the console and the game.
(10th October 2023, 9:51 AM)Different Wrote: I think we should all file a complaint and tell them about this issue. I mean honestly... how did you feel about paying $307 just to play this game? It might is well be $307 because you paid for the console and the game.

In your case, yes. You would have to pay $307 (+ tax) just to play the actual Suika, which sucks. I already had a Switch and like a dozen exclusive titles.
(10th October 2023, 9:58 AM)Mia Wrote: In your case, yes. You would have to pay $307 (+ tax) just to play the actual Suika, which sucks. I already had a Switch and like a dozen exclusive titles.

Oh ok, so you're already ahead of the ball game, then. Alright, bro, I'm getting ready to advertise this game on this site. I'm gonna explain how to play, how you can access it, and mention some alternatives. Are you still down with folding people, or have you nipped that one in the bud? If so, I can mention high scores for folding incentives. If not, I can still mention high scores just for fun.

This game basically beats the hell outta most of the other games on this site. I'll even explain the pros and cons. Right now, I'm still practicing because I want people to work really hard to beat my high score. I think your's is like 2700, I'm not sure.
You'd probably need separate high scores between the free one and the Switch one because the scoring isn't the same.
I'm still folding MoonFiredk so uhh idk how the prizes would work
My high score in official Suika is still 2753. I have a lot of room for improvement, myself.
Apparently the person with the highest score in this game managed to get 2 watermelons.
(10th October 2023, 10:13 AM)Mia Wrote: You'd probably need separate high scores between the free one and the Switch one because the scoring isn't the same.

If that's the case, then I'd probably encourage people to just use the free version since I know most people aren't going to pay hundreds of dollars.

(10th October 2023, 10:15 AM)Mia Wrote: I'm still folding MoonFiredk so uhh idk how the prizes would work

Well, I've thought about making this a limited time offer only, thread. After that, I'll probably shut it down because I don't want you to be overwhelmed with folding people. I'll also incentivize others to chip in and fold as well.

How many pts are you getting per wu? Are you getting 1mil per day or something?
(10th October 2023, 10:23 AM)Mia Wrote: Apparently the person with the highest score in this game managed to get 2 watermelons.

What's their score?
(10th October 2023, 10:31 AM)Different Wrote: If that's the case, then I'd probably encourage people to just use the free version since I know most people aren't going to pay hundreds of dollars.

I guess my score won't be posted then. I assume there's a lot of people here with a Switch already, like me.

(10th October 2023, 10:31 AM)Different Wrote: Well, I've thought about making this a limited time offer only, thread. After that, I'll probably shut it down because I don't want you to be overwhelmed with folding people. I'll also incentivize others to chip in and fold as well.

How many pts are you getting per wu? Are you getting 1mil per day or something?

I get like 1.6m-1.8m a day, depending on how many games I play that day. But to be honest, I'm not sure how much longer I want my room to be a sauna. The heat this gpu puts out is insane.
(10th October 2023, 10:31 AM)Different Wrote: What's their score?

7355. Apparently they stream the game, as well. Might be able to get a better strategy, if I could figure out what their channel is.
The big milestone most people aim for is 3000 points. Once you get above 2000, it tends to get really difficult.
(10th October 2023, 10:39 AM)Mia Wrote: I guess my score won't be posted then. I assume there's a lot of people here with a Switch already, like me.

Regardless of whether they do or not, we gotta make it available for everyone. Especially since you said the scoring system isn't the same. Are you willing to get a high score on the free version just to even out everything?

(10th October 2023, 10:39 AM)Mia Wrote: I get like 1.6m-1.8m a day, depending on how many games I play that day. But to be honest, I'm not sure how much longer I want my room to be a sauna. The heat this gpu puts out is insane.

I can understand that because you're constantly folding everyday. When you're done with MoonFiredK, maybe you can take a break for a week or so. I'm only gonna run this thing for a week. For more profound levels of folding like +6, +7, & +8... I can just say the first person to get there, gets folded +8.

First person at +8 by the end of the week, first person at +7, +6, then first 5 by +5. But, then I can also say 'please allow such and such time for Mia's computer to cool off before you get folded. Thank you for your patience!' Unless someone else wants to chip in.
Yeah 2568 was a big deal for me... and that's with one watermelon. 7355 is just insane. But if you set the bar really high, then you might not have to waste insane amounts of your GPU.
[Image: 2QUXtpE.jpg]

What an unfortunate setup. If that grape wasn't there...
(10th October 2023, 10:48 AM)Different Wrote: Regardless of whether they do or not, we gotta make it available for everyone. Especially since you said the scoring system isn't the same. Are you willing to get a high score on the free version just to even out everything?

I can understand that because you're constantly folding everyday. When you're done with MoonFiredK, maybe you can take a break for a week or so. I'm only gonna run this thing for a week. For more profound levels of folding like +6, +7, & +8... I can just say the first person to get there, gets folded +8.

First person at +8 by the end of the week, first person at +7, +6, then first 5 by +5. But, then I can also say 'please allow such and such time for Mia's computer to cool off before you get folded. Thank you for your patience!' Unless someone else wants to chip in.

I did a test run and got 1416 but it made me crave the actual one lol
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different