Let's get this thread to a million pages!
I've never heard a dog so worrisome before in my life. He literally won't shut the hell up. He just barks incessantly every time he's outside. I feel like putting him out of his misery.
(24th October 2023, 10:07 AM)Different Wrote: I've never heard a dog so worrisome before in my life. He literally won't shut the hell up. He just barks incessantly every time he's outside. I feel like putting him out of his misery.

I used to have a neighbor that would let their dog out at 3 in the morning and let it bark for an hour. It's almost always the owner's fault.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
My dog doesn't bark at all, because she was trained properly.
Imagine living next to these people.

I think at a certain point, you'd be able to file a noise disturbance complaint against them.
(24th October 2023, 10:30 AM)Mia Wrote: I think at a certain point, you'd be able to file a noise disturbance complaint against them.

I could, but then police don't even hardly show up when you call them.
(24th October 2023, 10:28 AM)Mia Wrote: Imagine living next to these people.

You never know when they're gonna bite you or not. There's like 7 or 8 of them just barking incessantly. If someone is feeding me, walking me, bathing me, and putting a roof over my head, then I wouldn't be barking like that.
83 guests reading this thread
@Mia "Objects with a greater mass have more inertia. It takes more force to change their motion." Hold that thought. It's part of a tutorial that I'm going to demonstrate. Very good stuff that I learned in physical science
Inertia is a property of matter

BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY
That's also correct. Inertia is a property of matter, and is also associated with an object's mass. The larger the mass, the larger the inertia. I think once people master these tips, they'll do just fine. Although these are basic tips. If I teach them advanced stuff, they'll probably surpass us.
(24th October 2023, 10:46 AM)Different Wrote: You never know when they're gonna bite you or not. There's like 7 or 8 of them just barking incessantly. If someone is feeding me, walking me, bathing me, and putting a roof over my head, then I wouldn't be barking like that.

What would you do if a growling Rottweiler came up to you, and you were unarmed?
(24th October 2023, 11:44 AM)Different Wrote: That's also correct. Inertia is a property of matter, and is also associated with an object's mass. The larger the mass, the larger the inertia. I think once people master these tips, they'll do just fine. Although these are basic tips. If I teach them advanced stuff, they'll probably surpass us.

Applying Walter Lewin's lecture to get a high score in a game
(24th October 2023, 3:34 PM)Mia Wrote: What would you do if a growling Rottweiler came up to you, and you were unarmed?

Find the nearest car, or higher ground, and climb it until someone comes to the rescue. The last thing you wanna do is aggro the Rottweiler even more. Some people think they're superman and will attempt to fight the dog.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
(24th October 2023, 3:44 PM)Mia Wrote: Applying Walter Lewin's lecture to get a high score in a game

I'm 2 1/2 minutes in. How do you think these math formulas for kinetic energy and inertia are going to help you with a basic pc game? The only thing you really need to understand is the rotation of the objects, a greater force than itself moving it somewhere, and the heavier the object the slower it moves when bounced off of the other objects. The lighter it is, the faster it moves. Also, depending on the location of the anime balls, a greater force from one side will cause the other to rise, depending on what angle you hit it from.

The last thing I wanna do is overcomplicate things because it'll turn off a lot of people, here. Plus there's probably no way for me to determine the velocity of the balls, unless I know the displacement and the time it takes to travel that displacement.

To each their own, I guess. I might be giving away too much in my video, too early. I just don't see how formulas can help anyone in the Holo No Suika game.
He seems to go into some advanced learning, here. I can take some of that stuff and make it really simple to follow for this particular game. The speed of the anime balls from the top of the tank, to the bottom of the tank, is pretty much the same, constant variable as the others. Those formulas were just too complicated for the average person to understand.

If it works for you, great. If there's something you'd like to add to one of my videos, then please don't hesitate to give me a shoutout. I'll do the best I can do fit it in the video.
New page!
I was just joking around. He does make physics very interesting, though.
(24th October 2023, 11:14 AM)Different Wrote: Objects with a greater mass have more inertia. It takes more force to change their motion." Hold that thought. It's part of a tutorial that I'm going to demonstrate. Very good stuff that I learned in physical science

I feel like the small balls are just as capable of pushing away other balls as the big balls. Especially in the first suika game with the funny sound effects, the small ones felt like they were made of solid metal.

So it might be worth testing it out. We can't really assume that the mass is proportional to the size unless we see how the game was developed.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]