Platform Racing 2 10 Years Anniversary
Lightbulb 
In about a month Platform Racing 2 will be in the 10 years of the making, I was thinking that we should do something for the 10 years.

I have a few suggestions;

1) Higher % to obtain random prizes, which includes (hats, head, body and feet), not sure what's the % now but maybe up to 75%

2) Double the EXP for everything, it can be call "Anniversary Bonus"?

3) New Campaign and new Sets for Platform Racing 2

I understand that Jiggmin "Lost" the source code but there's still ways that he can still do the edits/changes without the source code. Here's a video that you guys can see that can show ways that can go around the source code; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9U5wK_boYM 

I know a lot will comment that gh3 is a console/pc game and pr2 is a flash game but they both are PC and can work the same.

If you guys have anymore suggestion for what Jiggmin, and the Admins can do for the 10th year anniversary please comment below.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Blue, Dangevin, Kursed, Mariano.Z, mustangman, MutatedGrape, Shane1334, Zelante
Rename or add a new Server on top of Derron?

Increase the experience gained durring a Happy Hour?

Get a 'Happy Anniversary bonus exp+2,500' on the day of the anniversary? (It acts like the Welcome Back Bonus+1,000)

Exp hat gets changed to exp X 3 instead of X 2?

Add a new song or add an option to change the song of the main screen/lobby?

Add this? 
 [Image: wmA7L8.gif]
Can you use a flash decompiler to get the code?
Intriguing! I'll speak with the other staff and Jiggmin about it.

New client elements cannot be added, so let's steer clear of that. :/
I commented on your GitHub issue about that, so you can go there to read about why we can't add things to the client.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • mustangman
10 years of Pr2...
that... hit me hard.

It's been a great 10 years with all of you, truly. I started playing this game when I was 10 and now i'm almost 20. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of Pr2's community. you've all been a big part of my life. I love you all. I need a moment to take this all in.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kursed For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Addy, bls1999, Blue, Colind, Dangevin, Eternal, Fresh Cookies, gemj, mustangman, Nemo Nation, Ransom5hunna, TRUC, Zelante
Just a midnight musing of mine: how would you guys feel about awarding the party hat to everyone who logs in on the 10th anniversary, like on New Years?  Another option is to make every 4p race give a random part or upgrade (from a pre-determined list of parts/upgrades) to the winner.  That would be pretty cool IMO, although we'd have to exclude parts that are already able to be won elsewhere.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Ransom5hunna, Zelante
I think it would be neat if we can have Party, Santa, Exp and Jumpstart Hats to appear a lot more. Once you have 4p the chances you can get either of those hats are all 60% and maybe all the head, body, and feet can be 60% that way to keep it fair? Not sure if that makes sense or that's how you can keep them fair but what do you guys think?
(2nd April 2018, 8:38 PM)Addy Wrote: Rename or add a new Server on top of Derron?

Increase the experience gained durring a Happy Hour?

Get a 'Happy Anniversary bonus exp+2,500' on the day of the anniversary? (It acts like the Welcome Back Bonus+1,000)

Exp hat gets changed to exp X 3 instead of X 2?

Add a new song or add an option to change the song of the main screen/lobby?

Add this? 
 [Image: wmA7L8.gif]

The changing color set idea is great!

Hat Bonus could be 75% for (campaign) and other maps 125% that way even if you macro that day you will only get for example; if you use rank 60's 65+65+65+25(level completed)=220 exp x6(instead of 5 it would be 6 because 125%) which will get you 1,320 exp per sim. Happy hours can be x4 instead of x2.

Not sure if you can do that song change but I would think maybe in the option next/near the "Music" you can put in a
YouTube music link and you can listen to songs while in lobby or in a game
Put a level with the chance to win Croc set pretty please ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[Image: beerus_junt.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to $hake Junt For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(3rd April 2018, 1:17 AM)bls1999 Wrote: Just a midnight musing of mine: how would you guys feel about awarding the party hat to everyone who logs in on the 10th anniversary, like on New Years?  Another option is to make every 4p race give a random part or upgrade (from a pre-determined list of parts/upgrades) to the winner.  That would be pretty cool IMO, although we'd have to exclude parts that are already able to be won elsewhere.

I think that would be great! Party hat being dished out would make sense, and this could be a good opportunity to get some new gear as well! I sort of extended on Addy's idea about music and I think maybe a shuffle loop of all PR2 songs in the lobby would be cool for the occasion (par or including We Are Loud?). Also, I think what everyone is basically saying about boosted exp, increased chances of hats/parts is great! After all, 10 years is a long time and we all deserve to celebrate as a community and these ideas (I believe) will all make for a great anniversary! :D
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, mustangman
I've got some ideas! |
(will edit this post in a few hours)
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
HAPPY 10 YEARS EVERYONE!!

dang I feel old
[Image: 3upJDfn.jpg]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mustangman For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, gemj, Kursed, Zelante
Here's to another 10
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Tejs For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
10?! Already?! Dang time zooms right pass me.
Some ideas that I think are the most plausible so far:
- Everyone gets rank 100 for the day
- Party Hat (+epic upgrade) awarded to everyone who logs in
- New anniversary server that's only active on that day (maybe call it Annie?)
- A heavily increased probability of parts/upgrades in races
- An EXP bonus of some sort, whether that be a multiplier or a one-time bonus

Things involving music or new parts/graphics cannot be added.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Colind, gemj
(4th April 2018, 3:20 AM)bls1999 Wrote: Some ideas that I think are the most plausible so far:
- Everyone gets rank 100 for the day
- Party Hat (+epic upgrade) awarded to everyone who logs in
- New anniversary server that's only active on that day (maybe call it Annie?)
- A heavily increased probability of parts/upgrades in races
- An EXP bonus of some sort, whether that be a multiplier or a one-time bonus

Things involving music or new parts/graphics cannot be added.

What can you do in the "annie" server? I was thinking that's a good idea but maybe within that server you'll get the following things; 

Your account rank will turn into 100 and get a bonus of 10,000 exp by going on that server (only works on account once) that way we can still give our alts the 10,000 exp.

The last two campaign maps should be Party Hat and Epic Party Hat and the Staff or we can make a vote on what campaign maps we can do for that server?, nothing to hard or easy but something that you can race and have fun while getting those prizes. 

IMO: since this will probably be something we can celebrate till Platform Racing 2 flash gets kill, maybe we should go out in a bang?, so Probability for any prizes are double (in that server only) and Campaign Bonus multiplier goes from x2.4 to x4.8 and the hat multiplier goes from x5 to x10 (only in that server only) and maybe the Happy Hour goes from x2 to x4 (only in that server only)

What do you guys think?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
I do not want a one-time bonus exp. I want a reason to log back on more than once to take advantage of and feel good about it. Taking a huge exp bonus once, is kinda a let down. Login once and done. that's all I get...hmm 

New idea: how about changing the Artifact hint countdown for a new letter/number to something a whole lot quicker than what it already is as well as relocating where the Artifact more than normal. @bls1999
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(4th April 2018, 7:06 AM)Colind Wrote: Your account rank will turn into 100 and get a bonus of 10,000 exp by going on that server (only works on account once) that way we can still give our alts the 10,000 exp.

I'm thinking it will either be one or the other.

(4th April 2018, 7:06 AM)Colind Wrote: The last two campaign maps should be Party Hat and Epic Party Hat and the Staff or we can make a vote on what campaign maps we can do for that server?, nothing to hard or easy but something that you can race and have fun while getting those prizes. 

The idea was that you get the party/epic on login.

(4th April 2018, 7:06 AM)Colind Wrote: IMO: since this will probably be something we can celebrate till Platform Racing 2 flash gets kill, maybe we should go out in a bang?, so Probability for any prizes are double (in that server only) and Campaign Bonus multiplier goes from x2.4 to x4.8 and the hat multiplier goes from x5 to x10 (only in that server only) and maybe the Happy Hour goes from x2 to x4 (only in that server only)

The prize multiplier boost sounds good, although, in addition to an already existing EXP bonus/rank adjustment, I think increasing the Campaign bonus would be a little excessive.

(4th April 2018, 11:45 AM)Addy Wrote: I do not want a one-time bonus exp. I want a reason to log back on more than once to take advantage of and feel good about it. Taking a huge exp bonus once, is kinda a let down. Login once and done. that's all I get...hmm 

New idea: how about changing the Artifact hint countdown for a new letter/number to something a whole lot quicker than what it already is as well as relocating where the Artifact more than normal. @bls1999

Good point about the one-time EXP bonus. Your artifact idea could work! Interesting concept.

Is it possible to add gp or exp as a reward when 4 people are in a race for a campaign level instead of an part/hat/epicupgrade? (Example: Anyone who finishes this race wins : 10,000 exp!)
(4th April 2018, 4:33 PM)Addy Wrote: Is it possible to add gp or exp as a reward when 4 people are in a race for a campaign level instead of an part/hat/epicupgrade? (Example: Anyone who finishes this race wins : 10,000 exp!)

Well, that would be a neat idea but I doubt the Platform Racing 2 Staff will go for it. Keep in mind that we're trying to do some big things for this but still not do anything that can be abused. 10,000 exp per race (depending if you're battling players or self campaign racing) that's a lot that you can abuse. For example; 

10,000 exp per min x60(mins)= 600,000 exp per hour
600,000 exp per hour x24(hours)= 14,400,000 exp per day (note that the server will only be up for 24 hours).

I think maybe instead of doing 10,000 exp it can be within 1,000 to 2,000 exp per race that way people who would do campaign racing/macro wouldn't get a lot and people who are willing to sim/macro they can get their exp?