10 Year Anniversary Collab
May 2nd marks my ex's 23rd birthday the 10th anniversary of Platform Racing 2. A lot of us have quit and still more of us are rusty, but I thought it might be cool to put together a collab level and host a tournament around it, too. I don't have any specific ideas as far as level design (in the past, most collabs were grids where each person made a box, except for LC4, which was a straight map from the far left to right of the level editor) so we can discuss the specifics before anything is settled. The most important thing I want to hit home on is to make the level accessible for people that aren't as good as they used to be.

If this does get rolling, I'd want the tournament to happen on the 2nd itself, with separate divisions for the people that worked on the level (and know how it works) and people that are seeing it for the first time.

Aside from that I'm not sure how I want this to turn out. More than anything I want to get a read on how many people might want to get involved before trying to scale the project.

= = = = = = = = = =

User: Ramza Beoulve
Pass: 02c08e8c5e41

= = = = = = = = = =

TROUBLESHOOTING:
- If someone changes the password, let me know and I'll reset it.
- Keep screenshots of your work so we know what you've been doing. If someone deletes or modifies your work, let me know as soon as possible BEFORE people continually update the level with your content already deleted/modified. If need be I'll restore earlier versions using http://pr2hub.com/backups/

= = = = = = = = = =

RULES:
- 500 block maximum per person, no more than 3 stat blocks, no infinite item or rotate blocks
- Art encouraged
- All items enabled, infinite time, 1.0 gravity
- Low difficulty (similar to Hat Factory) although shortcuts and forks are allowed
- No traps, no hat remover
- Open areas (as opposed to closed like Zerostar) are encouraged but not required. My mental image of the level is that each person's contribution will be like a little island, and you jump from one to the next
- Please put your name on or beside your part so it's clear who made what
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kwing For This Useful Post:
  • AlphaZ, Eternal, gemj, Kursed, Nemo Nation, Zelante, Zenas
I'd participate!

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
I'd be down, but specifics? If it's a tournament is it a challenging level? A racing tournament? Traps? idk lol I'm down for anything, even artistic levels.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
Great idea, Kwing! for reference, I think the level should be like the “Thanks Jiggmin!” collab years ago.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Kursed For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
I'm down
I'd like to participate aswell
[Image: beerus_junt.png]
I'm up for it!
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Zelante For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
i always want to participate.

i also just cried when i played your other collab
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Addy For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
[Image: 62a56085f8]I have a DeathMatch e.e
[Image: Ozaru-Fist-Signature-V2.gif]
(15th April 2018, 10:21 PM)Mariano.Z Wrote: [Image: 62a56085f8]I have a DeathMatch e.e

Hell yeah
[Image: beerus_junt.png]
(15th April 2018, 10:21 PM)Mariano.Z Wrote: -snip-
But that's AutoDot, or is it? I mean the outlines are.. dot-y :b

or did you use 1 pt brush?
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
xD
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: Ozaru-Fist-Signature-V2.gif]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mariano.Z For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, gemj, Zelante
(16th April 2018, 2:42 PM)Mariano.Z Wrote: xD
[Image: giphy.gif]

Oh dang! My bad! I didn't really play the level yet xD

1pt brush at some parts I guess Tongue

I should do research before commenting Smile
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
I'm down for it
- Bluelightning

[Image: Signiture.png]
OKAY

So finals hit hard and they still aren't over. I totally forgot about this thread until now but I do want to get the ball rolling on this since we don't have a whole lot of time. Because site activity here is virtually non-existent I figure there shouldn't be a huge issue with making a public account.

For some reason when I try to log on, I get a message saying the user wasn't found, but I can still search the user in chat using /view to confirm they exist. If other people are having this issue, go ahead and create a new account and let me know. I do want to have my email linked to the account just in case we have an issue with a malicious user.

If I get a chance I'll create the starting level myself but someone else is welcome to as well. I'm thinking the shape of the level should be similar to LC4 in that it mostly traverses from left to right, with it being possible for the level to go up and down.

Because I'm having issues creating/accessing a new account, it's hard for me to micromanage what's going on. Once someone can help me work that out, I'll try and be a bit more helpful.

Specifics have been added to the top of this thread.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kwing For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, gemj, Zelante
[quote pid='7165' dateline='1524335115']
For some reason when I try to log on, I get a message saying the user wasn't found, but I can still search the user in chat using /view to confirm they exist. If other people are having this issue, go ahead and create a new account and let me know. I do want to have my email linked to the account just in case we have an issue with a malicious user.
[/quote]

yup.. it doesn't seem to work at all, i get the same message
[Image: Emeiry.png]
Awesome! Sadly, I'll be free only after the 27th of April (That's the evening of the 26th for you guys)

I'll try my best though
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
(21st April 2018, 7:37 PM)Emeiry Wrote: yup.. it doesn't seem to work at all, i get the same message

Okay. I updated my OP with a new account. This was an alt I created a LONG time ago (it's Age of Heroes, lol) and somehow remembered the username to. I reset the password so you guys can use it now.

There are a couple other levels linked to this account - namely one shaped like General Ackbar that was procedurally generated by Suuper, and the 3 Days, 3 Nights challenge level I made for his competition a long time ago. If some malicious user deletes these I don't really care, so feel free to ignore them.

EDIT: Just realized the recovery email still comes from the old jiggmin.com. Weird.
(22nd April 2018, 3:26 AM)Kwing Wrote: Okay. I updated my OP with a new account. This was an alt I created a LONG time ago (it's Age of Heroes, lol) and somehow remembered the username to. I reset the password so you guys can use it now.

There are a couple other levels linked to this account - namely one shaped like General Ackbar that was procedurally generated by Suuper, and the 3 Days, 3 Nights challenge level I made for his competition a long time ago. If some malicious user deletes these I don't really care, so feel free to ignore them.

EDIT: Just realized the recovery email still comes from the old jiggmin.com. Weird.

But, remember you can always backup these levels from PR2HUB
[Image: Emeiry.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Emeiry For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
hat remover or no?